PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones-If Rand drops out I will endorse Trump

William R
12-22-2015, 10:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhMYpPuA0q0

The Northbreather
12-22-2015, 10:46 PM
The only way I'm on team trump is if Rand ended up some how as his VP and I wouldn't mind if he slipped in the shower on his first day....

Trump that is.

Sola_Fide
12-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Haha....uh ok

AngryCanadian
12-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Walter Jones whose that again?

LibertyEagle
12-23-2015, 01:00 AM
Walter Jones whose that again?

Long-time Republican Congressman and on the Ron Paul Institute's Advisory board (http://ronpaulinstitute.org/about-us/).

kcchiefs6465
12-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Considering Trump admits he's the only candidate who'd preemptively bomb North Korea (see signature) I do not know how Walter Jones can reconcile that with a non-interventionist foreign policy.

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2015, 01:43 AM
Walter Jones-If Rand drops out I will endorse Trump

Not really what he said. He just said that if Rand drops out, Trump would be his second choice. No "endorsement" promised to Trump. And he said he based it upon what voters in his State want. He might be open to other candidates depending upon what happens.

kcchiefs6465
12-23-2015, 02:03 AM
Not really what he said. He just said that if Rand drops out, Trump would be his second choice. No "endorsement" promised to Trump. And he said he based it upon what voters in his State want. He might be open to other candidates depending upon what happens.
Ridiculous regardless. He had an epiphany on foreign policy? Trump on any grounds proved that was a lie.

LibertyEagle
12-23-2015, 02:16 AM
Ridiculous regardless. He had an epiphany on foreign policy? Trump on any grounds proved that was a lie.

If Rand doesn't make it, who has the 2nd best foreign policy in the sea of crap that's left?

Rad
12-23-2015, 02:24 AM
Well, the way I look at it is that Bernie is the lesser evil on the Democrat side (probably second best on foreign policy) and Rand is the best on the Republican side. The rest are virtually the same. Cruz is good at sweet talking but he won't call after he gets what he wants. Trump, however, seems to upset the establishment. I find that endearing. If we must suffer, then shouldn't they suffer as well? They deserve Trump.

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2015, 02:30 AM

Hasn't Trump said that most of the neocon foreign policy has been a disaster and that he didn't approve of it before it happened? Where is the lie? It sounds like Trump agrees with Jones.

Whether you believe what Trump says is a different debate.

kcchiefs6465
12-23-2015, 02:55 AM
Hasn't Trump said that most of the neocon foreign policy has been a disaster and that he didn't approve of it before it happened? Where is the lie? It sounds like Trump agrees with Jones.

Whether you believe what Trump says is a different debate.
You ask me if Trump said something (positive relating to foreign policy) then proceed to state "Whether you believe what Trump says is a different matter."

Really?

jmdrake
12-23-2015, 06:09 AM
Long-time Republican Congressman and on the Ron Paul Institute's Advisory board (http://ronpaulinstitute.org/about-us/).

You know Donald Trump supports an assault weapons ban right? Ben Carson's foreign policy is better than Trumps. So is Ted Cruz' foreign policy. Carson only wanted to ban assault weapons in the inner city. That's bad enough. But Trump wants to ban them everywhere. And Trump believes in the government taking private property and giving it to private developers. And Trumps positions change with the wind. He initially said the war in Afghanistan was a mistake than quickly "corrected" himself. So he didn't want us to fight the terrorists in Afghanistan but he's got all of the stupid "Let's bomb the fictional city of Agrabah" republicans thinking he's the guy that's going to wipe out ISIS? Really? I don't like Ted Cruz. But if Rand drops out I see no other viable option. That said....I don't see Rand dropping out.

CaptUSA
12-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Seriously, if Rand drops out, I'm done.

I have no second choice. Rand will get my vote or no one will. If it isn't Rand, I don't care if the country gives themselves Hillary, Trump, Jeb, Rubio, or Cruz. Whatever they want. I won't be subject to their rule in any case. But I may still feel bad for them.

Todd
12-23-2015, 08:23 AM
If Rand doesn't make it, who has the 2nd best foreign policy in the sea of crap that's left?

I do not understand why people believe a man with no philosophical or moral standard except what has been most expedient for his wealth....and that he has admittedly greased the political system to earn that wealth......could believe that Donald Trump would hold fast to a non interventionist Foreign policy.

I'm leaning that way.

Origanalist
12-23-2015, 08:43 AM
I do not understand why people believe a man with no philosophical or moral standard except what has been most expedient for his wealth....and that he has admittedly greased the political system to earn that wealth......could believe that Donald Trump would hold fast to a non interventionist Foreign policy.

I'm leaning that way.

I'm already there.

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2015, 12:01 PM
You ask me if Trump said something (positive relating to foreign policy) then proceed to state "Whether you believe what Trump says is a different matter."

Really?

Yes, really. Some people don't trust Trump no matter what he says..

Voluntarist
12-23-2015, 12:57 PM
I have no second choice. Rand will get my vote or no one will. If it isn't Rand, I don't care if the country gives themselves Hillary, Trump, Jeb, Rubio, or Cruz. Whatever they want. I won't be subject to their rule in any case. But I may still feel bad for them.

I'm leaning that way.

I'm already there.

But what about stage six (lesser of two evils) of the eight stages of voting (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462609-Only-1-3-of-the-electorate-voted!/page6&p=5695598#post5695598)? Are you really just going to move on to stage seven or eight? There's really so much more that could be accomplished by voting real hard for the lesser of the two evils that have a likely chance of winning.

statist slayer
12-23-2015, 01:22 PM
I've always suspected that Walter Jones isn't the brightest bulb. This sort of proves it.

jkob
12-23-2015, 02:05 PM
If Rand drops out who is supposed to be our 2nd choice? The only other two candidates that aren't neocons who want to start WWIII are Trump and Cruz. Trump might actually realign our foreign policy and isn't a crazy as hell theocrat, who else is there to go for?

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2015, 02:17 PM
If Rand drops out who is supposed to be our 2nd choice? The only other two candidates that aren't neocons who want to start WWIII are Trump and Cruz. Trump might actually realign our foreign policy and isn't a crazy as hell theocrat, who else is there to go for?

There will be no "our" second choice. Everyone will have their own choices, and many will have none at all.

TheNewYorker
12-23-2015, 02:39 PM
If Rand drops out I'm switching to democrat and voting for Sanders. If the world is going to burn I want it to be a bonfire and not a candle

nobody's_hero
12-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Well, the way I look at it is that Bernie is the lesser evil on the Democrat side (probably second best on foreign policy) and Rand is the best on the Republican side. The rest are virtually the same. Cruz is good at sweet talking but he won't call after he gets what he wants. Trump, however, seems to upset the establishment. I find that endearing. If we must suffer, then shouldn't they suffer as well? They deserve Trump.

I feel the same way as you do about Trump vs. Establishment but I would probably go with a libertarian candidate over Sanders if someone like Jeb, Christie, or Rubio ended up as the GOP nominee. Here in GA Trump is driving the establishment nuts. They keep attacking him and he keeps eating their lunch.

If Trump is the eventual nominee and he loses to the democratic party opponent, then the GOP establishment will, with a smirk on their faces, be able to tell everyone:

"See, I told you he was too radical to win. Now come on back to the plantation, kiss the ring, and vote for the one we approve from now on."

Yes, the GOP establishment deserves Trump, and if I'm going down, they're going with me.

klamath
12-23-2015, 07:55 PM
At this point Cruz is my second choice. He is about 4000% better than Trump. Cruz did stand with Rand.
Trump winning the nomination or the presidency will ensure a long run of solid democratic presidents. Either a Hillary or a Trump presidency will be a horrible train wreak and I want that wreak to be on the democrats watch. If it is Trump versus Hillary I will vote for Hillary for that very reason.

statist slayer
12-23-2015, 10:56 PM
At this point Cruz is my second choice. He is about 4000% better than Trump. Cruz did stand with Rand.
Trump winning the nomination or the presidency will ensure a long run of solid democratic presidents. Either a Hillary or a Trump presidency will be a horrible train wreak and I want that wreak to be on the democrats watch. If it is Trump versus Hillary I will vote for Hillary for that very reason.

I wish we would stop pretending that Trump or Cruz or even Rand has a chance at winning the general. The demographic tide is too strong. Republicans need too many swing states that have shifted solidly Democratic. We are battling for the soul of the alternative movement. What will society turn to when the statists crater the country (which will happen when the Boomers start drawing SS and Medicare en masse). It better well be the "libertarian" principles that made our country great and not Trump's blather. Or else we're in for an eternity of malaise and chaos.