PDA

View Full Version : Tenn. GOP State Rep. to Draft Bill Decriminalizing Pot Possession Among Vets with PTSD

BarryDonegan
12-21-2015, 05:47 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/tenn-state-rep-draft-bill-decriminalizing-pot-possession-vets-ptsd/

"Pills have side effects. … The No. 1 side effect is suicide," said Tenn. Rep. Jeremy Faison (R-Cosby), who is drafting a bill to decriminalize pot possession by military veterans in the state who have been diagnosed with PTSD.

Working Poor
12-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Maybe more people will join the service in Tenn now.

specsaregood
12-21-2015, 06:05 PM
some animals are more equal?

puppetmaster
12-21-2015, 06:05 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/tenn-state-rep-draft-bill-decriminalizing-pot-possession-vets-ptsd/ stupid. Illegal for some and not for others? BS

MelissaWV
12-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Not only that, but why only veterans with PTSD? There are oodles of other people that have PTSD. If they want to be consistent they should decriminalize it for everyone with PTSD. Of course, that would make diagnoses skyrocket :p and it would make people wonder why it isn't decriminalized for other diseases. Childhood cancer victims make for pretty convincing ads.

dannno
12-22-2015, 02:00 PM
stupid. Illegal for some and not for others? BS

Well don't blame the guy trying to make it legal for vets with PTSD, pretty sure they would try and pass a full decriminalization bill if they could, or at least for medical purposes. Blame the people who wouldn't vote for full decriminalization or medical use, but who would vote for this bill, and especially, those who won't even vote for this bill.

jmdrake
12-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Not only that, but why only veterans with PTSD? There are oodles of other people that have PTSD. If they want to be consistent they should decriminalize it for everyone with PTSD. Of course, that would make diagnoses skyrocket :p and it would make people wonder why it isn't decriminalized for other diseases. Childhood cancer victims make for pretty convincing ads.

Crohn's disease. Pot is really the only viable treatment for some sufferers. But at least this is a step in the right direction. I hope it passes.

jmdrake
12-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Well don't blame the guy trying to make it legal for vets with PTSD, pretty sure they would try and pass a full decriminalization bill if they could, or at least for medical purposes. Blame the people who wouldn't vote for full decriminalization or medical use, but who would vote for this bill, and especially, those who won't even vote for this bill.

^This. Gotta get the camel's nose under the tent.

puppetmaster
12-22-2015, 04:02 PM
^This. Gotta get the camel's nose under the tent. hey everyone...join the military so you can get stoned. Great recruitment tool. You would be screaming BS if it was some other drug/aspirin/treatment only for a select few and not for others.

phill4paul
12-22-2015, 04:05 PM
hey everyone...join the military so you can get stoned. Great recruitment tool. You would be screaming BS if it was some other drug/aspirin/treatment only for a select few and not for others.

Some crabs just have to pull the others back into the bucket.

jmdrake
12-22-2015, 04:11 PM
hey everyone...join the military so you can get stoned. Great recruitment tool. You would be screaming BS if it was some other drug/aspirin/treatment only for a select few and not for others.

Ummm...you realize that most of the time drugs are only first approved for limited use before they are approved for wider use? So no. I wouldn't be screaming anything.

BarryDonegan
12-22-2015, 05:01 PM
I made a post on a friend's Facebook theorizing that Rep. Faison is only applying this to vets because it's politically unstoppable to do so and it will allow a future bill to expand access to more people considering the fact that the bill endorses the concept that the medical treatment for PTSD works, and incidentally Rep. Faison liked my post, suggesting that my theory might be correct.

Dr.3D
12-22-2015, 05:10 PM
I can see this being used to keep those folks from owning firearms.

phill4paul
12-22-2015, 05:18 PM
I can see this being used to keep those folks from owning firearms.

I have no doubt. None. Unfortunately I believe that it will become an either/or proposition. But, it is only a matter of time before being labelled as having PTSD will have that effect anyway. At least this would give some a choice.

sam1952
12-22-2015, 05:22 PM
Not trying to hijack this thread;

December 21, 2015

PITTSBURGH, PA — The city of Pittsburgh will soon become the second major city in Pennsylvania to treat marijuana possession as a fine-only offense, instead of a criminal misdemeanor, joining Philadelphia, who passed a similar ordinance last year.

After receiving preliminary approval on a 6-1 vote last week, the City Council gave final approval to the decriminalization measure by a 7-2 vote on Monday.

Councilwomen Theresa Kail-Smith and Darlene Harris voted against the measure. Councilman Rev. Ricky Burgess, who was not present for the preliminary vote on the measure last week, voted in favor of the bill Monday.

The proposed ordinance was introduced by District 6 Councilman and Public Safety Chair Daniel Lavelle in November. It will create a civil fine of $25 for possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana or 8 grams of hashish. The fine will increase to $100 if an individual is openly possessing marijuana, including smoking in public.

ord33
12-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Cosby, TN (about 20 minutes from me) is definitely known for growing marijuana. That and it is known as the moonshine capital of the world.

Even the cops and local government got in on the marijuana action in the Cosby/Newport/Del Rio area! https://www.fbi.gov/knoxville/press-releases/2009/kx061609.htm

"Former policeman commingling with gang members. Milburn Williams, a retired police captain from Newport, ringleaders Raymond Hawk and Grant Williams, and 20 others were indicted on racketeering, drug trafficking and a slew of other charges last year in Greeneville. The sting operation was headed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and centered around a chop shop called "H-1 Auto", later renamed "A Automotive." For six years the chop shop was the command post for an operation that allegedly moved stolen property and goods across state lines and sold cocaine and marijuana. The most serious of the charges carry up to $2 million in fines and 40 years in prison."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2010/05/09/the-most-corrupt-states.html

DamianTV
12-22-2015, 08:35 PM
How about this instead:

Draft Bill Decriminalizing Pot Possession Among Vets with PTSD

Yeah?

CPUd
12-22-2015, 09:13 PM
How about this instead:

Draft Bill Decriminalizing Pot Possession Among Vets with PTSD

Yeah?

This won't happen here for a long time, and will take a lot of small steps to get there. TN is a "dope on the table" state that gets massive federal funding for law enforcement. Legislators run on and get elected by promising to keep that money flowing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wS09hOrDPQ

puppetmaster
12-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Ummm...you realize that most of the time drugs are only first approved for limited use before they are approved for wider use? So no. I wouldn't be screaming anything. you resize this is complete different as this is applied to a certain class of citizenship and not to all people who suffer PTSD. So it looks first to a privileged class thenext the sickness. Not the same thing as clinical trials sorry. Legalize it fine but for all not just privileged few. Non military vets going to jail for the same thing vets can do is wrong. Just as wrong as cops getting away with shit regular citizens can't do.