PDA

View Full Version : Scott Ritter on the NIE Report, War with Iran, and Ron Paul

0zzy
12-06-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/3526

Scott Ritter is noted for his role as a chief United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991 to 1998, and later for his criticism of United States foreign policy in the Middle East. Prior to the US invasion of Iraq in March, 2003, Ritter publicly argued that Iraq possessed no significant weapons of mass destruction (WMDs). He became a popular anti-war figure and talk show commentator as a result of his stance.

And somebody like Ron Paul, I think, somebody who knows the constitution, takes a look at this notion of unitary executive and says humbug, that is ridiculous. And I agree with him. I think it is imperative that whoever becomes president understands that there are constitutional restrictions on what the president can and can’t do. And I think it is imperative that Congress start reading the constitution and start flexing the constitutional muscles. That there is a role for Congress to play—it is called oversight. And Congress can retard irresponsible policy, that the president doesn’t get a blank cheque when it comes to foreign policy and national security policy. As you mentioned we don’t seem to have a Congress that is enlightened in this fashion and outside of a Ron Paul we don’t have too many people who have announced themselves as candidates for president who will publicly commit themselves to reversing this trend towards a unitary executive.

kill the banks
12-06-2007, 10:06 PM
http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/3526

Scott Ritter is noted for his role as a chief United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991 to 1998, and later for his criticism of United States foreign policy in the Middle East. Prior to the US invasion of Iraq in March, 2003, Ritter publicly argued that Iraq possessed no significant weapons of mass destruction (WMDs). He became a popular anti-war figure and talk show commentator as a result of his stance.

thx ... makes me think we should start a "constitutional newsletter " ~ to inform and show change by example ... hopefully even congress could live & learn

kill the banks

JosephTheLibertarian
12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
thx ... makes me think we should start a "constitutional newsletter " ~ to inform and show change by example ... hopefully even congress could live & learn

kill the banks

newsletter about what? email or mail?

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I love ritter.

makes sense for him to like paul.