PDA

View Full Version : let me help....

trey4sports
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
hey guys,im a big Dr. No supporter and ive been looking for ways to get involved with the campaign and im mailing letters (30) as we speak. i dont have the money to purchase enough stamps to send out a ton of the letters, in fact being in high school and driving a Diesel i barely have enough money to get through the week with the price of oil!
with that said i wanna help out, i have a good 2 hours or more of free time each day, so im looking for ideas on how to help support the campaign, any help would be appreciated

hopeforamerica
12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Canvass door to door. It's effective and cheap.

Cowlesy
12-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Which state are you in? Have you considered checking www.meetup.com to see if there is a Ron Paul group near you? They often times have projects going on in which you can participate and further the cause.

trey4sports
12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
well im Mo, and no i havent checked out meetup.com i sure will right now though.
i should start doing some door to door canvassing though that was my initial thought, i feel very out of place because of my age and i get absolutely no respect since im only 17, but i should definetly give it a try i have nothing to lose and freedom to gain.

Roxi
12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
sign wave, get some tax free tips act slim jims, take them to all the restaurants and salons, cab drivers etc...

go to campuses hand out students for ron paul slim jims

go to bookstores, fill all the gun books with gun owners slim jims, fill the farm books with farm ones, health, current evetnts, etc...

go to music stores and wal mart and put the drug war flyer behind the first cd in the stack so its hidden and they wont take it out (only put this flyer in appropriate CD's)

THIS IS THE WAY WE WIN THIS THING!

you can also take small business owner slim jims to small businesses ask for the owner and if they aren't there just leave the info

Dr's offices have been really responsive to the health freedom slim jim

ALSO go to gas pumps and put liberty cards in all the cc slots

go to pawn shops with gun owner flyers... and coin shops with a liberty dollar and info about the raid, and of course ron paul slim jims!

that should keep u busy for a while

trey4sports
12-06-2007, 09:33 PM
really appreciate the help man. this is the best idea i believe
until i get payed im stuck with 300 slim jims but i will buy more too keep the movement going here in Mo. thanks!

Roxi
12-06-2007, 09:39 PM
are u near springfield? contact micheal richardson hes awesome he lives in republic and does a lot for the springfield meetup...

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Ya get in contact with other people. Often people with jobs and families have more money than time.

The opposite of you... Perfect match.

trey4sports
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
are u near springfield? contact micheal richardson hes awesome he lives in republic and does a lot for the springfield meetup...

man i miss springfield!!
i was raised in Dadeville, about 30 minutes away but i have some memories in springfield
im not in the KC metro though, i will definetly do my party and spread some slim jims around springfield when im down there (monthly)

Soccrmastr
12-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Totally join a MeetUp. I'm 15 years old and the meetups will accept anyone to help them out. I convinced my parents to both vote for Paul and my sister, (or rather I showed them the message and THAT convinced them.) I also got my mom to drive me to the Philly Rally (heh,) and got her to donate and buy a Ron Paul students shirt for me. Definitely buy a Ron Paul Students supporter shirt from the campaign store. At the rally, I found a bunch of free yard signs, and I put them up in my yard. I'm sure a meetup in your area will give you some signs.
I made a Ron Paul support poster for some extra credit in my Global class (I'm in 10th grade, history teacher also teaches the politics class.)
I got involved in the grassroots completely by myself, and I do most of the stuff to promote Paul in my household, parents just give money and votes heh.

trey4sports
12-06-2007, 09:55 PM
wish my folks were like that. both are corporate sellouts to the neo-cons and war in Iraq, i cant discuss politics with them anymore simply because they continue to label dr. paul as a kook. they are playing right in the hands of the MSM

jnpg
12-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the rpforum! Glad to have you. Have your parents seen any of the youtube videos? Just curious. I imagine it is hard to communicate with them.

Anyway keep up the good work! And join the meetup!

tremendoustie
12-06-2007, 10:28 PM
wish my folks were like that. both are corporate sellouts to the neo-cons and war in Iraq, i cant discuss politics with them anymore simply because they continue to label dr. paul as a kook. they are playing right in the hands of the MSM

Do they give actual reasons for believing this? I'm amazed by how many people will just repeat a line like that without having any real belief in it themselves, just because someone else said it. I do hope they disagree with actual policies, so you can have a real discussion with them.

trey4sports
12-06-2007, 10:39 PM
well, my dad opposed the war in iraq but yet he keeps making fun of me and saying big buissines runs america and thats just how it is. he said theres no way a "dinky" grassroots movement can win an election. he also has watched many of the debates and ive concluded essentialy, he IS the enemy. He works in the pharmaceutical bus. and ive deemed him a sell out. he puts too much faith in the MSM he always cites the poles when and i try and explain how the neocons try and condition us for defeat via rigged polls. at that point he begins to label Dr. Pauls supporters as kooks and conspiracy theorist's. i believe im wasting my energy on him.....
he also cites Dr. Pauls opposition to federal programs as kooky and that we would brake into small countires without the infrastructure of big gov't