PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Using Freecycle to get more Ron Paul signs up

briand92
12-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I use Freecycle (http://www.freecycle.org/) as I'm sure many of you have to get rid of old stuff I don't want. It's essentially a mailing list service with separate distributions for each city or area. I live in Des Moines, IA and there is a Des Moines Freecycle mailing list that receives several hundred messages per day. So it's widely used. Essentially people will post a message saying something like "OFFER: Old refridgerator". Then the whole distribution receives that message and anyone can email that person back and say "I want it". They then work out a delivery plan (usually the person that wants it comes and picks it up). The key is everything is free.

My idea is this. Send a message to the distribution saying "OFFER: Ron Paul Signs, buttons, etc." Then in my message I could offer to bring signs or other materials to anyone that wants them. I bet there are a bunch of people out there that may like Ron Paul, but won't take the initative to go pickup a sign or buttons. This way I can bring the signs (and other items) to them.

Any thoughts on this? Am I abusing the freecycle service by doing something like this? Any advice on what else to put in my OFFER message?

Thanks,

Brian

greves
12-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me... just put your offer as you said: Ron Paul signs, literature, etc. I'm sure you'll get some takers!

AtomiC
12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Wow this is an extremely well thought idea. I don't know much about freecycle but I don't think you would be abusing the service really just by giving out free Ron Paul campaign materials.

Try it out and if they tell you to take it down just listen to them.

derdy
12-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Or you can get some of the free stuff and sell it if you don't have any money to donate to the campaign.

vegetarianrpfan
12-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Or, post your old stuff to the Freecycle list with a very prominent Ron Paul signature.

-----------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com