PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: 'The Greatest Threat to Our National Security Is Our Debt'

jct74
12-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Rand Paul: 'The Greatest Threat to Our National Security Is Our Debt'

By Susan Jones | December 16, 2015 | 6:12 AM EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLGMVfAgy1Y

(CNSNews.com) - While Syria, Russia and other national security issues featured prominently in Tuesday's Republican debate, only one candidate brought up the nation's crushing debt load.

"The greatest threat to our national security is our debt," Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said in his closing statement. "We borrow a million dollars a minute. And whose fault is it? Well, frankly, it's both parties' fault.

"You have those on the right who clamor and say, oh, we will spend anything on the military, and those on the left who say the same for domestic welfare.

But what most Americans don't realize is there is an unholy alliance. They come together. There's a secret handshake. We spend more money on everything. And we are not stronger nation if we go further into debt. We are not projecting power from bankruptcy court.

"To me, there is no greater threat than our debt. I'm the only fiscal conservative on the stage because I'm willing to hold the line on all spending," Paul concluded.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/rand-paul-greatest-threat-our-national-security-our-debt

helmuth_hubener
12-16-2015, 08:40 AM
That was a powerful statement. Great job, Rand!

CPUd
12-16-2015, 08:46 AM
I remember the 2012 RNC they had the debt clock running. I'm guessing last night was a foreign policy themed event, but Rand was the only one who said anything other than who can drop the most bombs.

SilentBull
12-16-2015, 09:24 AM
This was a great move by Rand. While everyone was talking about foreign policy, he decided to dedicate some time to remind people about the debt. Before the Paris attacks the economy was the most important issue to the voters. Rand made sure to remind them of this. This will pay off next month when people start thinking about the economy again.

alucard13mm
12-16-2015, 09:55 AM
I like it a lot. He can probably build on it. Like... how can we fight a real war against a scary opponent like russia or china if we are xx trillion dollars in debt?

How can we take care of our troops if we are in debt?

How can we face our children and tell them they have to sell their bodies to pay off the debt thats left to them?

Rand should fearmonger people into balancing the budget imo.