PDA

View Full Version : Who Won The GOP Debate? The Fifth Time Around, The Dark Horse Finished First

jct74
12-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Who Won The GOP Debate? The Fifth Time Around, The Dark Horse Finished First

LAUREN HOLTER
December 15, 2015

America survived yet another GOP debate — the last of 2015. Just like the last four, there were two separate debates because there is still an unusually high number of candidates, but the primetime debate consisted of Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich, and Rand Paul. Many candidates had strong break-out moments, but the pressing question is: Who won the fifth GOP debate?

Of course, people's opinions on who won will vary, as "debate winner" is a very subjective title. It would be so much easier for everyone if there was some type of point system that clearly denoted a winner at the end, like any sporting event. It basically is a sport — different teams are competing and trash talking one another, as voters watch at home and root for a certain team's victory. Since there is no debate point system, the winner has to be chosen based on who stood out from the pack, didn't make any destructive mistakes, and will likely gain polling points based on their debate performance. For those reasons, Rand Paul won the fifth GOP presidential debate, which is actually pretty surprising.

Paul has struggled in the polls since entering the GOP race, but now has the opportunity to break out as a viable nominee. While many of the top candidates (i.e. Donald Trump and Jeb Bush) attacked one another rather than answering questions and others (i.e. Ben Carson) didn't make a whole lot of sense, Paul gave clear answers and sounded well-versed on the national security issues discussed — from toppling dictators to preventing World War III.

read more:
http://www.bustle.com/articles/130078-who-won-the-gop-debate-the-fifth-time-around-the-dark-horse-finished-first

nikcers
12-15-2015, 11:12 PM
ahah mods ! and you called my post satire !

JeremyR
12-15-2015, 11:26 PM
He did well!
I hope more of the american people start to see it the way we do.

Dianne
12-16-2015, 10:36 AM
That's fabulous !! I personally didn't think there was a winner, but thinking back, this author is correct in that Paul was the only one different. The rest are ready to attack everyone, including Russia and China.

jllundqu
12-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Sad fact is that boobus wants tough talk about 'murica kickin everyone's ass in the world. Boobus doesn't care about international law or Constitutional principles... They only care about 'being number 1! The 'exceptional nation'' etc.

America needs to get it's ass kicked to be humbled into what we are actually capable of as a people.

Mr Stealth
12-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Sad fact is that boobus wants tough talk about 'murica kickin everyone's ass in the world. Boobus doesn't care about international law or Constitutional principles... They only care about 'being number 1! The 'exceptional nation'' etc.

America needs to get it's ass kicked to be humbled into what we are actually capable of as a people.

Multiple times during the debate and post-debate discussion, I've heard this idea that all that first-amendment, civil rights yada yada is just confusing, off-putting "Senate Speak." Really a sad state of affairs.

Tinnuhana
12-16-2015, 11:17 AM
www. CNNDEBATEPOLL. com
Vote! Rand in 3rd behind Trump & Cruz