PDA

View Full Version : When Will They Learn?

greves
12-06-2007, 08:58 PM
This thread is directed at all the naysayers of all the RP projects. There have been naysayers since the beginning, many months ago, saying essentially what the MSM says: "I love RP, and I'll do what I can, but he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell come election day."

Then there were the debates, and how we thought Ron Paul would be missing out until a massive flood of emails and phone calls convinced CNN otherwise - I recall at this time that there were naysayers telling us to just give it up, CNN isn't going to budge, and so on. Well, they did, and he's still in debates to this day.

Then there was November 5th, just a month ago. Naysayers on every thread leading up to November 5th, spouting about how we wouldn't get more than $100,000, how MSM would spin it in our faces, and so on and so fourth. Well, we did it, and the MSM gave us lots of great coverage.

Then there were the polling numbers, and it's just happened now. Naysayers talked and talked since the beginning about how RP's numbers will never go up, there's too much bias in the media, they won't let him go up, they'll spin or fake the polls. Well, we're now at 8% NATIONALLY, more than that in New Hampshire, and we have a fairly equal amount of national name recognition, which means that everyone who knows Ron Paul's message loves it! We're winning this one too, and our polling numbers will be higher and higher over the next month as the last 6 have shown (exponentially!).

Then there was November 30th. The naysayers said we had too many money bombs and we could never get them all to work! They said NOT to donate on November 30th! They actively tried to work to convince people NOT to donate to the campaign! Can you believe it!? And they got mad at Trevor for noting that he hoped we would pull in $2.5 million. They got MAD at Trevor, the man who set up thisnovember5th.com and pulled together our ideas and made them work! And they said, after we only got $500,000, that the press coverage the day after would be AWFUL. What happened? Well, we only got $500,000, and the press coverage was fantastic! I remember a thread I'm sure someone can dig up from December 1st about how great our press coverage was on that day.

Now there is the blimp. "The blimp is a horrible idea, I'm saving my money for the Tea Party!" "The blimp will fail, and MSM will spin it in our faces!" Are the messages starting to sink in, folks? Is it starting to come clear to you yet? Here we are, easily within reach of the $200,000 to get it off the ground in a couple of days, and ready to get the millions of dollars worth of press coverage along with it!

Soon we'll have a Tea Party! From about 2-3 weeks ago, when we started discussing this on this forum, people downplayed it, said not to get our hopes up, not to expect anything more than November 5th, saying how if we don't do so great the media will spin it oh-so-horribly.

Listen, please. Listen good, and listen carefully.

WE. WILL. WIN.

You can continue to naysay if you want, you can continue to try to downplay our efforts. Maybe you're an infiltrator working for another campaign. Well I have news for you: if that's the way you want to be, or if you really are an infiltrator, then GO HOME! We would love to have your help, but if you consistently want to impede our efforts, if you consistently want to be "realistic" (read: wrong), then GO HOME! If you're here, and you're supporting Dr. Paul, then you know that the rest of us are giving it all we've got! We're putting our energy, time, money, family, friends, tools, BLIMPS, and hell anything else we can think of into getting this man elected, and when we as a group have a project idea, and people start backing it, you better get on board or get out of the way because it is going to go ahead with or without you!

In some sense, you can think of this as a "my way or the highway" message, because that's essentially what I'm trying to tell you. If you are not on board with a project, then STOP trying to convince other people not to do it, and stay out of the way! After a dozen projects of all different varieties, I've only mentioned a tiny few above, you would think that these naysayers would learn a thing or two.

Just please, stop saying "we can't", get off your ass, and help MAKE it happen yourself!

The rEVOLution is now!

James R
12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
We are at 8% nationally, by the Rasmussen figure. Amazing. Whats nice is how fast the poll numbers are going up.

Roxi
12-06-2007, 09:02 PM
we had a lot of naysayers with five for freedom too and we raised 50,000 dollars!!

Dave Wood
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
This thread is directed at all the naysayers of all the RP projects. There have been naysayers since the beginning, many months ago, saying essentially what the MSM says: "I love RP, and I'll do what I can, but he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell come election day."

Then there were the debates, and how we thought Ron Paul would be missing out until a massive flood of emails and phone calls convinced CNN otherwise - I recall at this time that there were naysayers telling us to just give it up, CNN isn't going to budge, and so on. Well, they did, and he's still in debates to this day.

Then there was November 5th, just a month ago. Naysayers on every thread leading up to November 5th, spouting about how we wouldn't get more than $100,000, how MSM would spin it in our faces, and so on and so fourth. Well, we did it, and the MSM gave us lots of great coverage.

Then there were the polling numbers, and it's just happened now. Naysayers talked and talked since the beginning about how RP's numbers will never go up, there's too much bias in the media, they won't let him go up, they'll spin or fake the polls. Well, we're now at 8% NATIONALLY, more than that in New Hampshire, and we have a fairly equal amount of national name recognition, which means that everyone who knows Ron Paul's message loves it! We're winning this one too, and our polling numbers will be higher and higher over the next month as the last 6 have shown (exponentially!).

Then there was November 30th. The naysayers said we had too many money bombs and we could never get them all to work! They said NOT to donate on November 30th! They actively tried to work to convince people NOT to donate to the campaign! Can you believe it!? And they got mad at Trevor for noting that he hoped we would pull in $2.5 million. They got MAD at Trevor, the man who set up thisnovember5th.com and pulled together our ideas and made them work! And they said, after we only got $500,000, that the press coverage the day after would be AWFUL. What happened? Well, we only got $500,000, and the press coverage was fantastic! I remember a thread I'm sure someone can dig up from December 1st about how great our press coverage was on that day.

Now there is the blimp. "The blimp is a horrible idea, I'm saving my money for the Tea Party!" "The blimp will fail, and MSM will spin it in our faces!" Are the messages starting to sink in, folks? Is it starting to come clear to you yet? Here we are, easily within reach of the $200,000 to get it off the ground in a couple of days, and ready to get the millions of dollars worth of press coverage along with it!

Soon we'll have a Tea Party! From about 2-3 weeks ago, when we started discussing this on this forum, people downplayed it, said not to get our hopes up, not to expect anything more than November 5th, saying how if we don't do so great the media will spin it oh-so-horribly.

Listen, please. Listen good, and listen carefully.

WE. WILL. WIN.

You can continue to naysay if you want, you can continue to try to downplay our efforts. Maybe you're an infiltrator working for another campaign. Well I have news for you: if that's the way you want to be, or if you really are an infiltrator, then GO HOME! We would love to have your help, but if you consistently want to impede our efforts, if you consistently want to be "realistic" (read: wrong), then GO HOME! If you're here, and you're supporting Dr. Paul, then you know that the rest of us are giving it all we've got! We're putting our energy, time, money, family, friends, tools, BLIMPS, and hell anything else we can think of into getting this man elected, and when we as a group have a project idea, and people start backing it, you better get on board or get out of the way because it is going to go ahead with or without you!

In some sense, you can think of this as a "my way or the highway" message, because that's essentially what I'm trying to tell you. If you are not on board with a project, then STOP trying to convince other people not to do it, and stay out of the way! After a dozen projects of all different varieties, I've only mentioned a tiny few above, you would think that these naysayers would learn a thing or two.

Just please, stop saying "we can't", get off your ass, and help MAKE it happen yourself!

The rEVOLution is now!

The only thing I would add to your brilliance is this-if you dont support it, get out of the way and find or make something that you do support. No room for shooting down Ideas here, if you think of something POST IT, chances are, it might work!

On occasion, an idea might be quickly torn apart because of obvious harm to the campaign---in that case, do not take it personally, work on something else:)

Revolution9
12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Needs to stay on front board longer..

ergo

bump

Randy

brianbb98
12-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I WAS worried about the blimp.. but I wouldnt go around saying that.. I also wouldnt be on this site every day and wouldnt have donated to Dr. Paul if I didnt believe he will win.