PDA

View Full Version : Official: Rand Paul in!

Brian4Liberty
12-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Just announced on CNN.

Robrank
12-13-2015, 11:50 AM
CNN's Tapper said he'd be on the far right side of the stage.

CPUd
12-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Huck Graham Santorum Pataki in the undercard

mavtek
12-13-2015, 11:51 AM
On Jake Tapper just now, Rand is in! He's in last place in positioning, but he's in!

Kotin
12-13-2015, 11:52 AM
FUCK YEAH!!!!!

HUGE win for us.

alucard13mm
12-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Might be the last time or chance for Rand to be in the Main event. I would assume he won't make the cut off next time around unless he says something to get republicans wet...

bronc_fan23
12-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Wooo!

Now we can go back to being mad about how he is at the end of the stage and how he's going to be ignored for most of it ;)

CPUd
12-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Might be the last time or chance for Rand to be in the Main event. I would assume he won't make the cut off next time around unless he says something to get republicans wet...

There are 2 more debates after this one. He'll make those, too.

12-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Go get 'em Rand!

francisco
YES!!! ***fist pump***

staerker
That's how you make a deal. Trump, take note.

TheNewYorker
12-13-2015, 11:56 AM

Agreed.

He really needs to change his strategy for this debate. He needs an A+ performance n

DevilsAdvocate
12-13-2015, 11:56 AM
He better make the most of it.

notsure
12-13-2015, 11:57 AM

bronc_fan23
12-13-2015, 11:59 AM
At least Christie will be on the stage to attack Rand, that'll definitely get him some air time.

Suzu
12-13-2015, 11:59 AM
It's just too bad he has to share the stage with Ficklorina and Kasandwich.

francisco
12-13-2015, 12:00 PM
+ rep to every non-Debbie Downer poster in this thread, just cuz this news is so good. (Infiltrators, "concern" trolls, etc. also need not apply).

CPUd
12-13-2015, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lVwISSY.jpg

12-13-2015, 12:01 PM
That's good. I thought they would let him in. Sitting at the kiddy table would have been the end of it. Hopefully the media isn't too negative in covering this.

rg17
12-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes!

francisco
12-13-2015, 12:04 PM
At least Christie will be on the stage to attack Rand, that'll definitely get him some air time.

Very possible that Trump will repeat his previous dismissive remarks, saying that Rand "doesn't belong on the stage". Rand needs to fire back with both barrels if this happens, and ask Trump why he is specifically so skeered of Rand

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 12:05 PM
That's how you make a deal. Trump, take note.

F yeah! The art of a deal, rand paul style!! :)

luctor-et-emergo
12-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Good news.

Jan2017
12-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Might be the last time or chance for Rand to be in the Main event
Nah, momentum . . . curtain call for Carly though.

Wolfe Blitzer the moderator with Dana Bash and Hugh Hewitt panelists.

moraha
12-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Well now I hope he gets SOME time to speak at least.

mavtek
12-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Funny, he's right next to Christie. That might lead to a fist fight :) I can see tough guy Christie falling in a heap and not able to get up because of his immense weight.

Jan2017
12-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Well now I hope he gets SOME time to speak at least.

Nine on main stage, so maybe - we can still laugh at Kasich whining though

PursuePeace
12-13-2015, 12:19 PM
YES. Great news!

William Tell
12-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Kick their Asses Randal!

65fastback2+2
12-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Agreed.

He really needs to change his strategy for this debate. He needs an A+ performance n

Give me a break. His last one was an A+.

You people are ridiculous. If polls were around we would still all be British subjects.

grizzums
12-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Yes, Yes, Fug Yes! *fist pump*

Badger Paul
12-13-2015, 12:40 PM
I will say this, so far this campaign there have been several instances where it seemed like an event or something (the Kentucky caucus thing for example) would put Rand out of the campaign, good fortune has kept him going (Bevin's win, getting into the main event at this upcoming debate). Now Rand, what are you going to do with this opportunity? because it will be the last chance before January to make any kind of impression. It's up to you.

Jonderdonk
12-13-2015, 12:42 PM
I expected more wailing and gnashing of teeth here after reading the previous thread with the prevailing sentiment that being in the undercard debate would actually be better for Rand :rolleyes:

Badger Paul
12-13-2015, 12:48 PM
A good debate Tuesday plus a big haul from a moneybomb the next day and maybe they can start running ads again in Iowa and New Hampshire.

charrob
12-13-2015, 12:59 PM
so good to see this!!! His voice is needed and he really filled his Dad's shoes on foreign policy in the last debate... hoping this one is just as good! The American people need to hear his voice...

Peace&Freedom
12-13-2015, 01:01 PM
The worry over Rand not making the debate was overinflated, given that here as in the previous debates the networks rounded up the numbers of the candidates to the nearest one. Rand's average was always close enough in at least one of the states to be rounded up, in order to be included.

The next debates should be no different. We should stop obsessing over it. What needs to happen now is for Rand's IA ground game, early vote strategy to get out the young and independent vote, or other tactics need to come to fruition, so as to make his surge there the focus of the news coverage.

staerker
12-13-2015, 01:05 PM
The worry over Rand not making the debate was overinflated, given that here as in the previous debates the networks rounded up the numbers of the candidates to the nearest one. Rand's average was always close enough in at least one of the states to be rounded up, in order to be included.

The next debates should be no different. We should stop obsessing over it. What needs to happen now is for Rand's IA ground game, early vote strategy to get out the young and independent vote, or other tactics need to come to fruition, so as to make his surge there the focus of the news coverage.

The rules explicitly said there would be no rounding.

Peace&Freedom
12-13-2015, 01:11 PM

As in the earlier case with Carly, what matters is what the networks do, not what the guidelines are. They had consistently rounded up before, and they did it again here.

Jan2017
12-13-2015, 01:19 PM

As in the earlier case with Carly, what matters is what the networks do, not what the guidelines are. They had consistently rounded up before, and they did it again here.

They probably didn't have the hard data from all the polls used to tabulate an "average" - they most certainly were already using rounded data from THOSE polls.

We need to have rules about the "averaging method"

Isaac Bickerstaff
12-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Rand should put a jelly doughnut on his podium just to get Christie to look shifty, distracted and sweaty.

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Give me a break. His last one was an A+.

You people are ridiculous. If polls were around we would still all be British subjects.

I would've said an A but that always means there's room for improvement and Rand can still polish himself to be our choice!! ;)

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Rand should put a jelly doughnut on his podium just to get Christie to look shifty, distracted and sweaty.

And get Rubio a bottle of mineral water so he gets thirsty!! :D

Brett85
12-13-2015, 01:36 PM
I expected more wailing and gnashing of teeth here after reading the previous thread with the prevailing sentiment that being in the undercard debate would actually be better for Rand :rolleyes:

There are pros and cons about being in the main debate and pros and cons about being in the under card debate. Being in the main debate will make him seem more relevant to voters, but he would've had more time to speak in the under card debate and would've received headlines from debating Graham on foreign policy.

r3volution 3.0
12-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Rand Paul In!

http://bluraymedia.ign.com/bluray/image/article/102/1023147/braveheart-sapphire-series-20090909040456502-000.jpg

Very possible that Trump will repeat his previous dismissive remarks, saying that Rand "doesn't belong on the stage". Rand needs to fire back with both barrels if this happens, and ask Trump why he is specifically so skeered of Rand

Rand: "Because I'm a conservative, Donald. You're not. You supported socialized medicine, the bank bailouts, the Obama stimulus: everything I was elected to fight."

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Here's a little something to motivate the base:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

:cool::cool:

hells_unicorn
12-13-2015, 01:50 PM
This is a massive plus, primarily from an optics viewpoint. I wasn't keen on the idea of being in the undercard debate because of how it would have looked to the voters. Even though Christie bounced back from being sent to the lower debate, it's only because of living in New Hampshire for the past several weeks and spending all that money there, same with Kasich. They have all their eggs in one basket and they won't go very far without a national campaign, which neither of them have. Rand has a national game plan, so him falling to the lower tier would have damaged his chances in several other areas.

While I understand why there was some pessimism earlier before this announcement, it got completely ridiculous, and there are a number of long-standing members of this forum who should be ashamed of themselves for some of the rubbish that they posted.

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 01:51 PM
And here's the Ron Paul 2012 version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtl2ZuJpG9M

:cool::cool:

Chester Copperpot
12-13-2015, 01:55 PM
if trump calls rand a lightweight or some other derogatory word rand should just speak in the microphone and say "go fuck yourself" talk about alot of free press

rg17
12-13-2015, 01:58 PM
We will defeat Trump, Hillary, Sander, Cruz and Rubio!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnYbsAVdkYw

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 02:13 PM
if trump calls rand a lightweight or some other derogatory word rand should just speak in the microphone and say "go fuck yourself" talk about alot of free press

And a mic drop from Rand... that would be paramount! Like a boss!! :)

jmdrake
12-13-2015, 02:25 PM
There are pros and cons about being in the main debate and pros and cons about being in the under card debate. Being in the main debate will make him seem more relevant to voters, but he would've had more time to speak in the under card debate and would've received headlines from debating Graham on foreign policy.

He'll get to debate Rubio on foreign policy. I hope he points out that the 1 trillion Rubio wants in additional military spending could be found in cutting the worthless F-35.

PCKY
12-13-2015, 02:29 PM
CNN's Tapper said he'd be on the far right side of the stage.
Better than being on the far left!

squirl22
12-13-2015, 02:40 PM

Are you depressed? If so, you need to get back on your meds.

squirl22
12-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Why is CPUd always right? Do you have a crystal ball? Seems like you were always positive about Rand making the debate...I appreciate that since there are so many debbie downers here.

BenIsForRon
12-13-2015, 02:46 PM

I thought he had a great performance in the last one, where he went after Rubio. If that couldn't give him a bump I don't know what will. Still hoping for the best though.

squirl22
12-13-2015, 02:53 PM
This is from an article at yahoo.com:

Paul kept his spot thanks to a Fox News Iowa poll released Sunday that showed him strong enough in that state, according to CNN.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cnn-adds-christie-paul-presidential-debate-lineup-184356849.html

Lord Xar
12-13-2015, 02:54 PM
I just hope he uses this "chance" to make some noise and say some inspiring truthful things....

He is the ONLY pro-peace candidate on that stage....
He is the ONLY one (I think cruz does too) that has a thumbs up tax plan....
He is the ONLY candidate (I think cruz also jumped on this bandwagon) that has been trumpeting auditing the fed.....

I just hope he seperates himself from all of these corporatist, mostly neo-con, clowns....

"You notice how EVERYONE on this stage, and all those pushed by the RNC are all pro-war, pro-big government, pro-banker-bailout .... except me? And who gets trashed by the RNC/MEDIA? Me... this is all controlled and staged to push forward the ordained candidate who will change NOTHING, who will do NOTHING and who will watch your liberties be swept away under the thumb of big government..... except me...." etc..

cajuncocoa
12-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Good news!

rich34
12-13-2015, 03:03 PM
There are 2 more debates after this one. He'll make those, too.

Of course he'll be in. I've been saying this way for quite a while now. They don't want to risk pissing off Rand or Ron Paul's base and giving themselves even more headaches. They're already talking about how Trump will cause a brokered convention. If Ron had that same opportunity with the vocal support he had things would have got a lot more interesting. They don't want Rand having that kind of support.

hells_unicorn
12-13-2015, 03:07 PM
This is from an article at yahoo.com:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cnn-adds-christie-paul-presidential-debate-lineup-184356849.html

Hmm, so it turns out that Iowa and not New Hampshire, was Paul's path into this debate. I think provided that Paul continues to hammer on his current message and replicates his performance from the last debate, he should be able to increase his numbers both nationally and in Iowa to the point that next time the debate cut won't be such a nail biter.

rprprs
12-13-2015, 03:10 PM
so good to see this!!! His voice is needed and he really filled his Dad's shoes on foreign policy in the last debate... hoping this one is just as good! The American people need to hear his voice...

Indeed they do! And I hope he takes every opportunity to make it heard... Loud and Clear!

CPUd
12-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Hmm, so it turns out that Iowa and not New Hampshire, was Paul's path into this debate. I think provided that Paul continues to hammer on his current message and replicates his performance from the last debate, he should be able to increase his numbers both nationally and in Iowa to the point that next time the debate cut won't be such a nail biter.

I don't think they are caring about national polling anymore, it requires national press and campaign resources. Once it was announced the CNN debate was using statewide polls, Rand has been trending upward in Iowa/NH because he's been campaigning there more and running ads in Iowa. He's still doing national press almost every week, but they don't spend a half hour talking abut him after he's done like they do with a couple other candidates. NH is going to be a beast though with Christie, Kasich, Bush dumping money into the state.

LifeLibertyPursuit
12-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Let the Rand slide progress. Just like a mudslide, slow and undetected WE ARE COMING TO WIN THIS PRIMARY SEASON AND TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!!!!

phill4paul
12-13-2015, 04:40 PM
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://chzallnighter.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/awkward-dance-party.gif&size=400x1000

nobody's_hero
12-13-2015, 04:47 PM
I think Rand would be wise to try to position himself somewhere between Trump and the establishment picks (disregarding the strong possibility that Trump could secretly be the establishment's pick after all) if he wants to come out as the 'compromise candidate' in any sort of contested convention.

I don't know about other states, but straw polls here in GA are consistently showing Trump as a strong candidate getting 35-40% of the votes, with everyone else trying to scrape their support off of the bathroom floors.

I'm calling it now: the convention is going to essentially be Trump versus 'someone else'. Rand's best chance is to make sure he ends up as that 'someone else'. Right now the 'someone else' seems to be Cruz, and the establishment voters aren't particularly thrilled with him either, but if it came down to either Trump or Cruz, they'll take Cruz and everyone else will be irrelevant.

We need to change those options.

NoOneButPaul
12-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Last chance Rand... go for the W.

William Tell
12-13-2015, 04:58 PM
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12348108_10205499439949619_555904707913007554_n.jp g?oh=f7b42cc73b2cf91ba1c37a255d1998d8&oe=57227D95

Natural Citizen
12-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Just announced on CNN.

Hm. To read the forum over the last week or so I was led to believe that he was decidedly out.

Suzu
12-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Better than being on the far left!
It's the far left for those facing the audience!

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Glad he's in, but he has to bring it in this debate like he never has before. His whole campaign may hinge on this.

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Glad he's in, but he has to bring it in this debate like he never has before. His whole campaign may hinge on this.

I'm sure that most of us here agree with you!! :)

TheNewYorker
12-13-2015, 06:48 PM

Yes. His last debate performance was great, but not good enough. He needs to remember that the media is against him, so he needs to do at least twice as good as all of the other candidates combined.

He needs to learn to stop looking down at his notes so much, and engage the viewers more. This means looking at cameras pointed at him while he's talking. He needs to look at the other candidates while they are talking, to show that he respects them and is a gentleman. Viewers pick up on this shit.

I know he's young, and a more modern candidate, but he needs to learn manners that old people expect. It's part of the reason he struggles with older voters.

helenpaul
12-13-2015, 06:51 PM
he needs to attack rubio.

WTLaw
12-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Yes. His last debate performance was great, but not good enough. He needs to remember that the media is against him, so he needs to do at least twice as good as all of the other candidates combined.

He needs to learn to stop looking down at his notes so much, and engage the viewers more. This means looking at cameras pointed at him while he's talking. He needs to look at the other candidates while they are talking, to show that he respects them and is a gentleman. Viewers pick up on this shit.

I know he's young, and a more modern candidate, but he needs to learn manners that old people expect. It's part of the reason he struggles with older voters.

He has been fine on manners. Mannerisms maybe could be better, he sorta stiffens his back and speaks out his nose sometimes, probably should lean in like Buckley and let it fly a little more. When he was laughing at Marco, that was gold. I don't think rudeness is why he doesnt do better.

squirl22
12-13-2015, 07:07 PM
Hm. To read the forum over the last week or so I was led to believe that he was decidedly out.

Yep, that's the Rand Paul forum for you, always ready to believe the worst about Rand Paul.

eleganz
12-13-2015, 07:09 PM

I disagree, the amount of money or social media support he could potentially get from a "great debate performance" won't be effective in what he really needs two weeks out from Iowa, which is for Cruz to slide in the polls or get shocked out of the race.

The campaign hinges more on the media taking Cruz out than a strong debate performance.

Rand isn't a showman, he isn't style over substance, and thats why he hasn't had that sweet moment that a good ol' Republican can deny.

Another thing Rand hinges on that we could all control is reaching crucial voters in early states and getting out the vote. We can all have a big part in that just by doing phone from home, please see my sig on how to do it.

bronc_fan23
12-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Rand isn't a showman, he isn't style over substance, and thats why he hasn't had that sweet moment that a good ol' Republican can deny.

Plus, like I said before the last debate, there are only very few conservatives in the media who will ever declare him "the winner." Conservative commentators in the TV media are almost always Neo-cons. I think the only way to break that narrative is to have an exchange that gets replayed a lot, but where it's abundantly clear who came out on top, even if the commentators say that he didn't.

r3volution 3.0
12-13-2015, 07:23 PM
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://chzallnighter.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/awkward-dance-party.gif&size=400x1000

Carlton's lawyer is sending you a cease and desist for copyright violation as we speak.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-13-2015, 07:24 PM
I disagree, the amount of money or social media support he could potentially get from a "great debate performance" won't be effective in what he really needs two weeks out from Iowa, which is for Cruz to slide in the polls or get shocked out of the race.

The campaign hinges more on the media taking Cruz out than a strong debate performance.

Another thing Rand hinges on that we could all control is reaching crucial voters in early states and getting out the vote. We can all have a big part in that just by doing phone from home, please see my sig on how to do it.
It's true that Cruz needs to go down for Rand to win, but if Rand himself doesn't surge he 's going to be at the kids table debate, and that effectively means the end of the campaign. No one in the second tier is going to be President. Rand has been treading water for months now, either this changes soon or the fight is lost this time around. Cruz sliding or imploding is necessary, but insufficient.

Rand needs more style, and he needs to work on his showmanship if he wants to win. Facts don't win the Presidency; never have, never will.

CPUd
12-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Rand will do the exact same thing he did in the previous debate. And he'll make the main stage for the next 2 debates following the same strategy. His polling will go up when other candidates drop out and security/anti-terrorism are no longer the #1 issue, which is already starting to follow a downward trend.

georgiaboy
12-13-2015, 07:51 PM

And get Rubio a bottle of mineral water so he gets thirsty!! :D

Ha - Christmas presents for everyone!

Kasich - handkerchief, or pacifier

Rubio - bottle of water

Carson - 5 hour energy

Trump - muzzle

Cruz - maple syrup

Bush - whoopee cushion

Fiorina - calculator

Christie - jelly donut

and pocket constitutions for everyone's stocking stuffer!

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Rand will do the exact same thing he did in the previous debate. And he'll make the main stage for the next 2 debates following the same strategy. His polling will go up when other candidates drop out and security/anti-terrorism are no longer the #1 issue, which is already starting to follow a downward trend.

Thanks for your positivism!! I truly hope your right that there's a downward trend on this!! :D

givemeliberty2010
12-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Which of Rand's arguments did CNN accept? I notice that Mike Huckabee did not make it in, although I thought the reasons to include Rand also meant including Huckabee.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Rand maintaining the status quo he's been doing this whole campaign will not win him the candidacy, and it certainly won't win him the Presidency.

limequat
12-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Which of Rand's arguments did CNN accept? I notice that Mike Huckabee did not make it in, although I thought the reasons to include Rand also meant including Huckabee.

I wonder this as well, though it could be a case of not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

JJ2
12-13-2015, 08:24 PM

There was no "deal" as far as I know. With the new Fox News poll from this morning, he met their criteria completely of 4.0% in Iowa, as long as they only used the most recent CNN poll (instead of including both CNN polls).

derek4ever
12-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Rand maintaining the status quo he's been doing this whole campaign will not win him the candidacy, and it certainly won't win him the Presidency.

Agreed! He needs to be more fired up since he has the right message! Just hope the idea of a contested convention jolts him in a good way and we can thrive like we should!! :D

givemeliberty2010
12-13-2015, 08:33 PM
There was no "deal" as far as I know. With the new Fox News poll from this morning, he met their criteria completely of 4.0% in Iowa, as long as they only used the most recent CNN poll (instead of including both CNN polls).Didn't the CBS/YouGov polls exclude that route?

devil21
12-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Good news!

Origanalist
12-13-2015, 10:54 PM

Ummm, no....

Origanalist
12-13-2015, 10:56 PM

White people dancing gif?

Origanalist
12-13-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm really feeling better now, spent the whole day at work thinking he wouldn't make the main stage. Get er done Rand, if he has as good of a debate as last time I think it will be enough. He doesn't have to knock anybodies socks off, just keep pounding the message of liberty.

Mad Raven
12-13-2015, 11:43 PM
It's true that Cruz needs to go down for Rand to win, but if Rand himself doesn't surge he 's going to be at the kids table debate, and that effectively means the end of the campaign. No one in the second tier is going to be President. Rand has been treading water for months now, either this changes soon or the fight is lost this time around. Cruz sliding or imploding is necessary, but insufficient.

Rand needs more style, and he needs to work on his showmanship if he wants to win. Facts don't win the Presidency; never have, never will.

I've said elsewhere that Trump is on top mostly because he's such a good salesman like all the big real estate guys have to be. There are a lot of ways to be a good one. Mostly it's about how people feel about you. People can feel when you're not showing your genuine personality. Notice that people didn't like Ron when he was younger, but later on people liked his sweet old man demeanor. Trump is aggressive, but that works for Trump. It wasn't all about timing for Ron, it was also about his personality. But you can learn it, and Rand is having to learn it really quick.

That's why Clinton is having such a hard time. It's not just the scandals. People have lost faith in her because they feel like she's fake. The chinks in her armor are showing, and people see through it a bit. People don't support Bernie because all of a sudden they love socialism. They feel his genuineness and will hear whatever he has to say, at least for a while, maybe until they get home with the new vacuum and wonder why they bought it.

devil21
12-14-2015, 04:11 AM
Ummm, no....

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it going down exactly like that ;) As long as he is quick with a follow-up of why, by calling out Trump's obvious plant status. Trump isn't as popular as the media makes him out to be.

Out-Trump Trump?
-------------
Here's a good follow-up:

http://www.carbonated.tv/news/trump-demonizes-muslims-while-making-million-dollar-deals-in-dubai

Hussain Sajwani is the CEO of Damac Properties and his company is partnering with Trump to build a string of luxury golf courses and villas in Dubai.

Damac properties Vice President Neil McLaughlin said that Trump is, “one of the premium golf course operators in the world. As such we would not comment further on Mr. Trump’s personal or political agenda, nor comment on the internal American political debate scene.”
If Trump truly believes that every Muslim around the world is determined to destroy the United States, then why is he creating lucrative business partnerships with them and pumping millions into their economies?

Deals baby DEALS!! Trump has good, smart people on it making deals.

CPUd
12-14-2015, 06:04 AM

It's kept him in the race so far, even after a dramatic shift in the political climate over the summer. His is the only campaign in the race that won't need to run a different platform in the general versus what they're running in the primary. Rand has always said he is going to continue running the same campaign as always. If he does change it up, I might agree with it or I might not. I could even make a post about why I don't agree with it, but after that I'm gonna get over it and continue to support the campaign, because they've always delivered when they needed to. Continually posting about how Rand can't win does nothing but undermine the whole reason for having the Rand forum.

TheTexan
12-14-2015, 06:21 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/852/040/5c6.jpg

Dary
12-14-2015, 07:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKv5GfNpFjs
...and Calidoscopio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neWsMPzLY6w

limequat
12-14-2015, 07:45 AM
It's kept him in the race so far, even after a dramatic shift in the political climate over the summer. His is the only campaign in the race that won't need to run a different platform in the general versus what they're running in the primary. Rand has always said he is going to continue running the same campaign as always. If he does change it up, I might agree with it or I might not. I could even make a post about why I don't agree with it, but after that I'm gonna get over it and continue to support the campaign, because they've always delivered when they needed to. Continually posting about how Rand can't win does nothing but undermine the whole reason for having the Rand forum.

Out of +rep for CPUd

Peace&Freedom
12-14-2015, 07:56 AM

Following a campaign platform that will win the election, but to date only barely keeps you in the primary race, is not winning the primary race. I have suggested a pathway (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?486638-I-know-it-s-still-a-long-ways-away-but-how-could-Rand-possibly-win-the-nomination&p=6067928&viewfull=1#post6067928) for Rand to win the primaries, but aspects of it does require him to modify some things to reflect the unforseen non-establishment factor that has dominated this race.

Making needed adjustments is a reasonable consideration when trying to accomplish a goal, but Rand has not made them. Those concerned about this are not saying that Rand can't win at all, but that he is not running a winning campaign based on the available evidence. This view may turn out to be wrong, or a rush to judgment, but it's based on the record of the last half year, so it is an appropriate point to discuss in this forum.

phill4paul
12-14-2015, 08:19 AM
White people dancing gif?

Lol, yeah, I suppose I could have found a better dancing gif. Was just in a hurry. Happy he made the cut.

Dianne
12-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Huck Graham Santorum Pataki in the undercard

Huck will probably be the next to drop out. That demotion will be hard to swallow. I look for Graham to stay in, just to annoy people.

SilentBull
12-14-2015, 09:16 AM
That's twice that a Fox News poll has saved Rand at the last minute. Last time, it was a 4% national Fox poll that saved him the night before the cutoff. Put him at 2.5% which was exactly what he needed.

ThePaleoLibertarian
12-14-2015, 09:52 PM
I've never once said Rand can't win, I've said his strategy so far won't win, and I say that because I want him to be the President. Refusing to criticize every electoral strategy a campaign trots out isn't being a supporter, it's being a blind follower. It's precisely because I want him to win that I've been so critical of his strategy. I'd make a great campaign manager; I have a real sense of what works and what doesn't. What Rand is doing hasn't worked so far. What he is saying is good (mostly), how he's been saying it is not.

TheNewYorker
12-14-2015, 10:08 PM
That's twice that a Fox News poll has saved Rand at the last minute. Last time, it was a 4% national Fox poll that saved him the night before the cutoff. Put him at 2.5% which was exactly what he needed.

Hooray for.. Fox?

carlton
12-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Hooray for.. Fox?

Truly 'Fair and Balanced.'

limequat
12-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Ok, who is now happy Rand made it to the main debate?

CPUd
12-16-2015, 08:48 AM
I think Rand made the most of it. Going in it was fairly clear it would be all about Trump Cruz Rubio, but Rand did what he needed to do.