PDA

View Full Version : "A lack of boundaries on the internet"

rfbz
12-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Bill O'Reilly and his guest just talked about the negative effects on the internet due to the lack of boundaries. First they talked about violent videos, then pedophilia. His guest says: "There is an issue of contagion and pervasiveness" "There has never been a forum to speak out against this."

He has really been on a mission lately to set up the argument for controlling the internet, and unfortunately a lot of people are probably buying it.

Give me liberty
12-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Whos buying into his stuff? the neocons? >.>

Andrew-Austin
12-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Blatant misinformation. Television is just as violent if not more so, movies are extremely violent. I remember seeing like eight little kids at the movie theater watching Saw 4.

Research has been done to show that pedophilia is a wildly exaggerated problem.

Anyways why would you post this? Everyone on this forum knows he is a clown.

And you should not be giving credit to his show by watching it. His show would not exist if no one watched it.

SeanEdwards
12-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm surprised Bill didn't include the support for Ron Paul on the internet with pedophilia and the other crap.

lemnad
12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
The internet has become a powerful tool and they want control of it

RPFTW!
12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
If we lose the internet then we are all screwed.

tsetsefly
12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
wait till the fucking religious and clueless right gets a hold of this and runs with it, then we are truly fucked, the democrats will pass anything that gives them more power, the republicans do it also but are more careful because they are so called defendors of freedom of speech but once they get neocon/religious support this is a done deal, regulation of the internet...

fluoridatedbrainsoup
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Asking government to put away pedophiles is like asking cops to outlaw donuts. The child-sex slave trade has its evil core inside the white house, for the benefit of satanic politicians. Google 'Conspiracy of Silence'.

fsk
12-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't think it's going to be possible to destroy the Internet at this point.

Remember that the Internet was originally developed by the MILITARY as a WEAPON. If this technology wasn't meant for the general public, it would have been suppressed.

rfbz
12-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Anyways why would you post this? Everyone on this forum knows he is a clown.

And you should not be giving credit to his show by watching it. His show would not exist if no one watched it.

Well I posted it because I think it illustrates the growing push to control the internet, something we need to be conscious of and work to prevent. The Safe Act that was just approved in the house is a good example.

As far as watching it, I track all types of different media to see what different groups of people are talking about. I like to see how different sides put their own spin on the same news. I don't have a nielsen box hooked up to my tv so it's not like I'm contributing to his ratings numbers.

Lexx78
12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
If we lose the internet then we are all screwed.

QFT! ;)