PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Makes VA Ballot

notsure
12-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Sen. Rand Paul Makes It Eight On the March 1 Virginia Ballot
http://www.virginia.gop/senator-rand-paul-ballot/

The Republican Party of Virginia (RPV) is pleased to announce that Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky is the eighth Republican candidate to submit signatures for “pre-check” review by the RPV and for submission to the State Board of Elections.

RPV reviewed the signatures on the petitions submitted and the Paul Campaign passed the pre-check process with significantly more signatures than required to meet the 5,000 statewide and 200 per Congressional District requirements of Virginia law.

“Senator Paul and his campaign have worked the grassroots process of attaining this signatures very hard and join the growing numbers of Republican candidates who have qualified for the 2016 ballot,” said RPV Chairman John Whitbeck. “The Commonwealth of Virginia has a rigorous process to attain our ballot and Senator Paul and the other candidates, both already approved and those coming thorough in the coming days, show how important Virginia is to the GOP.”

“I am grateful to the volunteers and grassroots activists from the Commonwealth who support my candidacy and stand with me in defense of the entire Bill of Rights. By appearing on the Virginia ballot, we are one step closer to defeating the Washington Machine and unleashing the American Dream,” said Sen. Rand Paul.”

Eight GOP candidates, Donald Trump, Governor John Kasich, former Governor Jeb Bush, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Senator Ted Cruz, Gov. Christie, Sen. Lindsey Graham and now Senator Rand Paul have gone through the pre-check process and more candidates will do so in the coming days. Virginia will hold a primary on Super Tuesday, March 1, 2016.

eleganz
12-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Congrats to all those on the ground in VA that worked hard for this. Lets take a look back to 2012 when only Romney and Ron's campaigns achieved ballot access.

Crashland
12-03-2015, 11:11 PM
8 candidates? Wow, compared to last cycle is it that much easier to get on the ballot, or is it just that the candidates were more prepared this time?

Feelgood
12-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Sweet! Good to see some legit good news. :)

dusman
12-03-2015, 11:56 PM
8 candidates? Wow, compared to last cycle is it that much easier to get on the ballot, or is it just that the candidates were more prepared this time?

The rules were scaled down from I believe 10k signatures, 400 per district to 5k signatures, 200 per district.

This is great news. Any word on how many signatures they got?

cjm
12-04-2015, 12:21 AM
The rules were scaled down from I believe 10k signatures, 400 per district to 5k signatures, 200 per district.

This^ is correct.

This is great news. Any word on how many signatures they got?

Nope. We were shooting for 7500 overall and 300 per district. I think we made that and then some, but I'm just a volunteer, so I don't know for sure.

The deadline for filing is 10 December, so there should be a couple more. The Rubio folks have a pretty good ground game here and they should make the ballot. Fiorina has had mercenaries here collecting signatures, so I would expect her to be on the ballot too. I haven't seen anyone from Huckabee's team here, but hey, we'll see.

cjm
12-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Fiorina made the ballot today. Still waiting on Rubio and Huckabee with 3 days to go.

http://www.virginia.gop/carly-fiorina-ballot/

“Carly Fiorina and her grassroots team have done an excellent job getting the necessary signatures to attain a spot on the Virginia ballot,” said RPV Chairman John Whitbeck. “I remain extremely impressed by the grassroots showing of all the campaigns that have thus far gone through the pre-check process. It is clear they understand how important Virginia is to the Republican Party and how critical it is to have a strong network in the Commonwealth.”

“Virginia is where my husband, Frank, and I met and married and where our family calls home, so it only made sense to move back to Virginia in 2011,” said Ms. Fiorina. “I am honored to have the necessary signatures to qualify for the ballot here in my home state, and I am grateful to the many Virginians who are supporting my campaign.”

Nine GOP candidates, Donald Trump, Governor John Kasich, former Governor Jeb Bush, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Senator Ted Cruz, Governor Chris Christie, Senator Lindsey Graham, Senator Rand Paul and now Carly Fiorina have gone through the pre-check process and more candidates will do so in the coming days. Virginia will hold a primary on Super Tuesday, March 1, 2016.

francisco
12-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Looks like Rubio made it today, Wednesday 12/9/2015.

http://www.virginia.gop/rpv-news/

One day to go. As far as I can see (from afar, I'm not on the ground in VA): Huck, Santorum, and Pataki haven't made the ballot yet.

Anyone closer to action with updates, please post.

cjm
12-10-2015, 12:23 AM
One day to go. As far as I can see (from afar, I'm not on the ground in VA): Huck, Santorum, and Pataki haven't made the ballot yet.

Anyone closer to action with updates, please post.

This seems to be the case. The RPV news for Rand was on December 3rd. That was the same day that the campaign submitted the signatures so there doesn't appear to be a lag between submission and reporting on the RPV site.

Today (10 Dec) is the last day to file.

cjm
12-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Huck made it: http://www.virginia.gop/mike-huckabee-ballot/

cjm
12-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Wow...Santorum made it: http://www.virginia.gop/rick-santorum-ballot/