PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Quarter Donations

Slugg
06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, but when can we see what kind of donations RP received during this last quarter. From what I understand, if his donations are large enough, he may get a surge in Main Stream Media. Where will I be able to see the results? Or am I a little off beat here? Thanks

Mani
06-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, but when can we see what kind of donations RP received during this last quarter. From what I understand, if his donations are large enough, he may get a surge in Main Stream Media. Where will I be able to see the results? Or am I a little off beat here? Thanks

Official word is july 16th.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
They can leak it before Jul 16, or put out a press release, or do anything else they deem fit, but Jul 16 is the reporting deadline (or is it Jul 15, meaning the press runs with it Jul 16?).

Maybe Ron Paul will tell us tomorrow where they are at right now. I'm all a-tingle!

Exponent
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
I think July 15th is the latest, and July 1st is the earliest possible.

Joe Knows
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM

I would imagine that the campaign would release the information early to achieve maximum publicity. They probably would not do it the weekend of the 30th because the man focus needs to be on Iowa. I am guessing they would not do it on July 4th, because any story will be hard to get on the air when Freddie Boy announces. They will not wait until the 15th because it will be reported then anyway. So I think they will make an announcement on or around July 5th or 6th at Freedom Fest.

And just another thought. I think we should start changing our terminology. Let us forget about the term Main Stream Media and quit using it. They need to be called what they are. The Old Media. We are the New Media.

DavyDuke17
06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
If the Paul campaign was able to raise $600,000 in the first quarter, I would be shocked if they have anything less than $3 million for the second quarter. It seems to me like most people, including myself, took to Ron Paul from the debates and that even the people that did like Ron before that were more likely to contribute after seeing the wave of support that he got during the second quarter.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I think we should start changing our terminology. Let us forget about the term Main Stream Media and quit using it. They need to be called what they are. The Old Media. We are the New Media.

"Twentieth Century Fox"

smtwngrl
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Once the 2nd quarter figures are reported, you can see them here (for all candidates).

Presidential Campaign Finance
http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/mapApp.do

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
He said within days after the 2nd debate that their fundraising "quadrupled." At a minimum, that means they had raised a total of $2 million. Then there was continued press from the 2nd debate, the 3rd debate, increased press and interviews, Ed Failure, push by the College Students, end of 2nd Quarter fundraising push . . .

Surely he's raised $5 million. I'll be happy with that, while secretly hoping for more. I find it odd that another post quoted the campaign at $2 million, but we don't have the context of that statement.

rich34
06-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I gave another 50 bucks this morning and get this.....I sent the "stop dreaming" youtube clip to about 6 or 7 of my coworkers yesterday. Well, one responded back this morning and he's a traditional republican mind you and was VERY impressed with what he saw and heard. So impressed in fact that he even mentioned that he chiped in a small donation and may even send more later. I thought that was VERY cool.

Oh yeah his exact quote was "Guy seems to have too much common sense to be a politician....sounds too good to be true.....I hope he has a chance...."

That's when I told him it depends on the money he's raised. He then emailed me back with the good news that he sent in a donation. I also have another friend/coworker that is going to pitch in another small donation tonight. Everything helps people give what you can!

briatx
06-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I talked my boss into pitching in some before the bell. Not sure how much he gave. He feels that Ron Paul has no chance (of course), but is still a huge Ron Paul supporter.

sunny
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
He said within days after the 2nd debate that their fundraising "quadrupled." At a minimum, that means they had raised a total of $2 million. Then there was continued press from the 2nd debate, the 3rd debate, increased press and interviews, Ed Failure, push by the College Students, end of 2nd Quarter fundraising push . . .

Surely he's raised $5 million. I'll be happy with that, while secretly hoping for more. I find it odd that another post quoted the campaign at $2 million, but we don't have the context of that statement.

i think that was my post....i spoke with a girl at headquarters last week (?) and i asked her what the tally was and she said about 2 million and that there never had been a 4-5 million figure as was reported. i hope she was wrong!

dmitchell
06-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Recently one of RP's grandsons wrote to dailypaul.com that the campaign had collected about $2.3 million. I'm hoping for an announcement of $2.8 million.

The Dane
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
So if its 2.5 million now, then its like 4 times Q1.

If the campaign is going on like this it will be 10 million in Q3, and 40 million in Q4.

That should be just about enough i think ;)

That means each one of you have to make at least 3 supporters in Q3 who will each donate as much as you did. Or 2 if you will be donating the same in Q3 as in Q2.

Should be possible.

UCFGavin
06-29-2007, 12:52 PM
i still think anything below $3 million is a pretty conservative estimate.

SJohnsson
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Does anyone one know when Q2 ends? Is it tonight or tomorrow night?

DAZ
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
At this point, I believe a lot of the power of fundraising has to do with the perceived difference between the expected amount of donations and the actual amount donated. I can't help but wonder something. If RP announces in the $2-3 mil range, will the MSM try to point out the previous rumors that donations were around $5 mil as an attempt to make the announcement look like a defeat?

angrydragon
06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Judging from Ron's myspace page, I think he has at least 30,000 (current count is 38,345) supporters. I'm sure it's much more for those who don't have myspace or don't use the internet.

This is a big if, so let's say 30,000 times $200 dollars for the average donation per person.

That's 6 million.

hells_unicorn
06-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Judging from Ron's myspace page, I think he has at least 30,000 (current count is 38,345) supporters. I'm sure it's much more for those who don't have myspace or don't use the internet.

This is a big if, so let's say 30,000 times $200 dollars for the average donation per person.

That's 6 million.

Well, speaking for myself I've donated about $600 in the second quarter, having just made a $200 donation today. I wish I could have gotten more in but I'm stretched pretty thin as it is. I'll get more in next quarter.

Dustancostine
06-29-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=43192

Not sure if this is old news to y'all or not but says Paul may have between 5 and 10 million on hand within a couple of months.

Dustan

Original_Intent
06-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I think they are trying (wisely) to keep expectations low - all of the candidates are doing this so that the actual number is a "win".

Frankly, I had read the $5 million piece and I hope it is true, but I consider anything over $2.5 million in aggregate (Q1+Q2) as a victory. The way ROn Paul spends money, this amount will get more done than larger amounts for candidates who have to buy their support.

Seriously, there is not a candidate out there that would not pay $10 million or more to have the volunteer network in place that Ron Paul has. And even if they did, it would be paid supporters, not true believers - and you can't even put a price on that kind of enthusiasm.

Hope for the best with the Q2 numbers, but don't count out the intangible assets.

I mean, look at the meetup numbers. If the average meetup person contributes $100 per month in materials and effort (what a paid campaign worker would be paid) that is $1.5 million PER MONTH! And now consider that many meetup members are doing a LOT more than that, you get an idea that the cash on hand, while important, is really the tip of the Ron Paul ICEBERG!

OK this point is important enough I am going to put it as a new topic =)

angelatc
06-29-2007, 03:14 PM
I think July 15th is the latest, and July 1st is the earliest possible.

If the cut off in Jun 30, I don't see how they could have it all tallied by Jul 1. Hopefully they'll have a zillion checks to process.

propanes
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I donated $100 for my first ever contribution to a campaign.

angrydragon
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=43192

Not sure if this is old news to y'all or not but says Paul may have between 5 and 10 million on hand within a couple of months.

Dustan

That's old news. The real number isn't known.

TruthLiberates
06-29-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.cityofgod.us/images/Hold_Up_Your_End.jpg

klamath
06-29-2007, 08:54 PM
It is more important for Ron Paul to show higher fundraising that all the other "second tier" candidates. If he comes in at the same level as the others all the doubters of his level his support will be right. It will be easy for them to figure that the average donation is about $50 and if Paul raises 500,000 that only means there is 10.000 of us. To win the presidency we need about 50,000,000 votes.
So open those wallets folks!
If Paul can't hire more managers to organize all the meetup people and they wander around without work he will lose them.

CurtisLow
06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

I just donated $100 and I'm a poor sap... So I eat Peanut butter and jelly for two weeks oh well..

Do your part!
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8363/donate3ud6.jpg

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/