PDA

View Full Version : Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard introduces bill to end illegal war on Assad and CIA ops

devil21
11-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Bill would need a Senate companion version and that could be a good opportunity for Rand.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-21/us-congresswoman-introduces-bill-stop-illegal-war-assad-says-cia-ops-must-stop

Ronin Truth
11-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Is the voting on the bill on the calendar?

enhanced_deficit
11-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Neocons owners would try to bury it.

Their rationale is ,"we used to ally with bad guys like Stalin to fight other bad guys, leave neocons alliance with Al Qaeda/ISIS types alone".

No need to panic ; Former CIA deputy station chief discusses ISIS with Iraqi Sunni leaders (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454707-No-need-to-panic-Former-CIA-deputy-station-chief-discusses-ISIS-with-Iraqi-Sunni-leaders&)

Iraq’s Sunnis Will Kick Out ISIS After Dumping Maliki: Ex-CIA Official

By Jeff Stein
Filed: 6/25/14 at 11:19 AM

A fighter of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Syria (ISIS) holds an ISIS flag and a weapon on a street in the city of Mosul on June 23, 2014 Reuters

Don’t panic, Iraq’s most powerful Sunnis are telling some old American friends. We’ll take care of these upstart ISIS nuts—as soon as they oust Nouri al-Maliki from Baghdad.
That’s the message Sheikh Ali Hatem al-Suleiman, leader of Iraq’s biggest Sunni tribe, gave John R. Maguire, a retired former CIA deputy station chief in Baghdad, when he visited Iraq three weeks ago to talk about future oil deals in the region.

http://www.newsweek.com/iraqs-sunnis...fficial-256270 (http://www.newsweek.com/iraqs-sunnis-will-kick-out-isis-after-dumping-maliki-ex-cia-official-256270)

Zippyjuan
11-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Bill would need a Senate companion version and that could be a good opportunity for Rand.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-21/us-congresswoman-introduces-bill-stop-illegal-war-assad-says-cia-ops-must-stop

Rand is already seen as too soft on foreign policy- especially ISIS and Syria. Would not help him with Republican Primary voters.

In a CBS News poll conducted in late March, 61 percent of Republicans said they could not vote for a Republican candidate who did not agree with their views on how to deal with the Islamic State — more than any other issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/upshot/why-rand-paul-cant-win-as-a-libertarian.html?_r=0

vita3
11-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Rand should team up w/ these House Armed Committee members doing the right & beneficial thing.

Cap tip to them & look forward to support of this 1000%.

surf
11-21-2015, 10:47 PM
here she is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHkher6ceaAthis gal's great. Rand should get a hold of her.

timosman
11-21-2015, 10:50 PM
Where was she hiding until now?

jmdrake
11-22-2015, 01:55 AM
Rand is already seen as too soft on foreign policy- especially ISIS and Syria. Would not help him with Republican Primary voters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/upshot/why-rand-paul-cant-win-as-a-libertarian.html?_r=0

Except the president of France has already called on the U.S. and Russia to work together to defeat Isis and he has also declared that overthrowing Assad should no longer be a priority. So Rand could introduce a bill called the "Stand with the French people against terrorism act" and make it about working with the French since they have now been hit by Isis the worst rather than making it about working with Putin or Assad.

Yieu
11-22-2015, 02:13 AM
//

dusman
11-22-2015, 02:44 AM
I saw a "conspiracy theory" that the surfboard incident was an attempt by the government to take her out. Funny stuff, man. That made me giggle.

Always like to see members of Congress talk some sense about foreign policy. I think a particular poignant point she brought up is the actual commitment necessary to implement a no-fly zone and to what extent. I imagine to see that to it's full reality requires U.S. air defense on the ground. It further requires the taking out of Assad's air defense capabilities and then dealing with the challenges of Russia's base out of Syria.

It's pretty easy to see how a Russian/US conflict can develop and persist in such scenario. She's a pretty smart gal and understands the operational requirements well. She also pointed out that in regards to overthrowing Assad that there is a glaring lack of authorization to do so. It's a great point as, originally, I'm not sure the CIA was so open about that endeavor and we know there is that ugly assumption that covert operations do not require congressional approval.. which I find abhorrent.

Glad to see it, even though she's on the Democrat side... though I can forgive that since she's also pretty attractive too.

LibertyEagle
11-22-2015, 09:56 AM
U.S. Congresswoman introduces bill to stop “illegal” war on Assad; says CIA ops must stop

By Tyler Durden | ZeroHedge

Last month, US Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard went on CNN and laid bare Washington’s Syria strategy.

In a remarkably candid interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gabbard calls Washington’s effort to oust Assad “counterproductive” and “illegal” before taking it a step further and accusing the CIA of arming the very same terrorists who The White House insists are “sworn enemies.”

In short, Gabbard all but tells the American public that the government is lying to them and may end up inadvertently starting “World War III.”

... more, including video, at link (https://www.intellihub.com/u-s-congresswoman-introduces-bill-to-stop-illegal-war-on-assad-says-cia-ops-must-stop/)

Dr.3D
11-22-2015, 09:57 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485639-Congresswoman-introduces-bill-to-end-illegal-war-on-Assad-and-CIA-ops-opportunity-for-Rand
:)

anaconda
11-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Excellent. I wish Cynthia McKinney was still in the House to give her some back up. And James Traficant.

UPDATE:

I didn't know Taficant had passed away:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/27/politics/james-traficant-death/

Ender
11-22-2015, 11:33 AM
All wars since WWII have been "illegal".

Brian4Liberty
11-22-2015, 12:31 PM

Search the site for "Gabbard" and you'll find plenty of mentions.

This thread for example:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?483507-Report-Islamic-State-Seizes-U-S-Missiles-in-Iraq

rg17
11-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Obama will veto it.

devil21
11-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Obama will veto it.

I'm sure he would but that's not really the point. Heck, I doubt leadership in either chamber would even allow a vote on it. But it puts them out there as supporting this manufactured war under false pretenses.

Cabal
11-22-2015, 02:06 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485588-(D)-Tulsi-Gabbard-on-US-interventionism

jmdrake
11-22-2015, 02:34 PM

Your analysis depends on GOP voters being so stupid as to think that fighting Assad = fighting ISIS when the opposite is true. Granted there are a lot of stupid GOP voters. But France's declaration that the world should quit trying to topple Assad and instead focus on ISIS is helpful. #standwithfrance = #standwithassad.

jmdrake
11-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Obama will veto it.

And Obama would have to count on Republicans to help him sustain that veto. He might not be able to especially if the floor debate concentrates on the recent Judicial Watch document release regarding the Pentagon hoping for a group like ISIS to emerge and take and hold territory to put pressure on Assad.

anaconda
11-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Your analysis depends on GOP voters being so stupid as to think that fighting Assad = fighting ISIS when the opposite is true. Granted there are a lot of stupid GOP voters. But France's declaration that the world should quit trying to topple Assad and instead focus on ISIS is helpful. #standwithfrance = #standwithassad.

But the voters also think that Saddam Hussein attacked the World Trade Center and before that threw babies out of incubators.

vita3
11-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Austin Scott (R) is co-sponsor w/ Tulsi. He represents Georgia's 8th district & is also on House Armed Service Committee.

Batman
11-23-2015, 07:08 AM

Tulsi Gabbard was at the filliblizzard. She has been at forefront of many Liberty issues. I'd rank her below Amash but light years ahead of Cruz or Lee.

JohnCollins
11-23-2015, 07:12 AM
I don't believe in "stand with Assad" because that'd have all sorts of unintended consequences with the Sunnis, but otherwise I agree completely and would rep you if I could. Most Republicans opposed Obama's intervention in 2013 - Congressmen and voters. If Rand presents Assad as a distraction from the real goal of defeating ISIS, he won't have an issue with the grassroots.

JohnCollins
11-23-2015, 07:21 AM
But the voters also think that Saddam Hussein attacked the World Trade Center and before that threw babies out of incubators.

That was after a decade of constant Republican fearmongering about Hussein.

We've only had about a year of full-on fearmongering about Assad. By not backing Obama in 2013, they conceded that Assad is not relevant to the goal of defeating ISIS, and voters can see the hypocrisy. The current front runner in the GOP race seems to prioritize ISIS over Assad, and he doesn't have a problem, he's polling 10% ahead of the rest of the field. Rand's problem is not his foreign policy outlook, it's that he appears weak. Right now his main foreign policy talking point is that we're spending too much on the military. Instead, he should be hammering Rubio on supporting Hillary's war in Libya against a country which cooperated with us closely in the aftermath of a deal made by the Bush administration and supporting aid to the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya and Syria and also aid to the corrupt Islamist government in Pakistan that has one of the worst records of persecuting Christians. He is going soft on this for some reason, maybe his strategists rejected this approach, but from what I recall this is what Rand was saying through 2013 and 2014 during the time he was the front runner.

vita3
11-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Obama will NOT veto this.

That's crazy talk

Public opinion is starting to shift big time, into NOT getting rid of another strongman in ME.

& if this bill would pass, more shifting will have happened. there is no way in the World Obama would dare kill it.

georgiaboy
11-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Austin Scott (R) is co-sponsor w/ Tulsi. He represents Georgia's 8th district & is also on House Armed Service Committee.

well how about that. Pretty cool. This seems to me to represent a crack in solidarity within the Georgia Republican conference - true?

JohnCollins
11-23-2015, 12:15 PM
well how about that. Pretty cool. This seems to me to represent a crack in solidarity within the Georgia Republican conference - true?
Price and Westmoreland also voted against aid to the Syrian rebels when it came up last year. Hice and Loudermilk opposed it on the campaign trail.

Brian4Liberty
11-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: Keep Syrian President Assad in place, fight ISIS (http://khon2.com/2015/11/20/rep-tulsi-gabbard-keep-syrian-president-assad-in-place-fight-isis/)
Tal Kopan, CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) — A House Democrat is calling for the U.S. to let Syrian President Bashar Assad stay in power — a position in stark contrast with President Barack Obama, much of her party and the GOP.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, told CNN on Friday that it’s time for the U.S. to stop its “illegal, counter-productive war to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad.”

Speaking with CNN’s Chris Cuomo in Paris — where Gabbard was visiting a memorial to the victims of the terror attacks there with flowers from her home state — the second-term congresswoman said removing Assad would help terrorists.

“I don’t think Assad should be removed,” Gabbard said. “If Assad is removed and overthrown, ISIS, al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, these Islamic extremist groups will walk straight in and take over all of Syria … they will be even stronger.”
More: http://khon2.com/2015/11/20/rep-tulsi-gabbard-keep-syrian-president-assad-in-place-fight-isis/

Dr. Dog
11-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Tulsi Gabbard was at the filliblizzard. She has been at forefront of many Liberty issues. I'd rank her below Amash but light years ahead of Cruz or Lee.
Seriously??? That's an insane statement. She's a progressive statist through-and-through.

[*=left]Supports federal stimulus spending. (Sep 2012)
[*=left]Voted YES on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act. (Feb 2013)
[*=left]Enforce against wage discrimination based on gender. (Feb 2013)
[*=left]Tax incentives for wind, solar, biomass and wave energy. (Nov 2012)
[*=left]Supports (http://www.ontheissues.org/Note.asp?q=12-PVS-q18) regulating greenhouse gas emissions. (Sep 2012)
[*=left]Require labeling genetically engineered food. (Apr 2013)
[*=left]$500M and 3,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola. (Jul 2014)
[*=left]Opposes repealing ObamaCare. (Sep 2012)
[*=left]Raise the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour by 2016. (Jan 2014)
[*=left]Supports an income tax increase. (Sep 2012)
[*=left]Voted NO on maintaining work requirement for welfare recipients. (Mar 2013)

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Tulsi_Gabbard.htm

surf
11-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Seriously??? That's an insane statement. She's a progressive statist through-and-through.

obviously that depends on your viewpoint. imo, our fastest way to reinstating minimal freedoms is ending warfare. for me, peace is the most important issue.

Dennis Kucinich was a peace ally and it was a shame to lose him. i'm with Tulsi on this one and I hope Amash and Massie join this effort as well.

edit: "light years" may be an understatement when used to relate the pro-war stance of Cruz and Lee with anyone that prefers peace.

jllundqu
11-23-2015, 12:44 PM
here she is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHkher6ceaAthis gal's great. Rand should get a hold of her.

Dood.... I'd like to 'get a hold of her' KWIM? :toady: I don't know what her other policy positions are, but I just got a democrat-boner listening to that clip.

Yieu
11-23-2015, 12:50 PM
//

JohnCollins
11-23-2015, 06:19 PM
obviously that depends on your viewpoint. imo, our fastest way to reinstating minimal freedoms is ending warfare. for me, peace is the most important issue.

Dennis Kucinich was a peace ally and it was a shame to lose him. i'm with Tulsi on this one and I hope Amash and Massie join this effort as well.

edit: "light years" may be an understatement when used to relate the pro-war stance of Cruz and Lee with anyone that prefers peace.
What makes Mike Lee pro war and Gabbard anti war? Their policies on Syria, Iran and ISIS are quite similar. Lee isn't a neocon, and Gabbard isn't Dennis Kucinich.

vita3
11-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Ending the war in Syria is priority no#1 for stopping Intl criminal cabal that took over on 9.11.01

Nice to see a "D" & a "R" put this proposal out.

surf
11-24-2015, 01:22 PM
What makes Mike Lee pro war and Gabbard anti war? Their policies on Syria, Iran and ISIS are quite similar. Lee isn't a neocon, and Gabbard isn't Dennis Kucinich.I read "Lee" as "Rubio", my bad. but i'm with anyone that is trying to end the US constant state of war

bunklocoempire
11-24-2015, 05:08 PM
My four thoughts and a prediction:

1. Telling only as much truth as you have to gets you ahead with people.

2. Gabbard, and her and her father's political msm approved role playing in Hawaii over the years scares the crap out of me. Their roles have been too perfect.

3. Fox "News" loves this woman.

4. When I first saw and heard Senator Obama I knew he was perfect handler's material for PUSA, I had the same feeling seeing and hearing T Gabbard for the first time vying for congress.

A prediction, why not? :D I predict T. Gabbard will eventually be a VP pick or presidential candidate for the establishment. If candidate for PUSA she will win. She'll be that proven minority woman candidate that has battled America's greatest foes -even battling lava...:rolleyes:

Not neccessarily talking about the RPFs, but scared & prideful itching ears eat this stuff up, & Gabbard never gets around to a clear truth that her positions are supposedly based on ...Obama-vu all over again. If she ever had to walk back anything, people would defend her ala Obama/Gitmo etc.

I hope to be proved embarrassingly wrong.

Yieu
11-24-2015, 05:50 PM
//

JohnCollins
11-25-2015, 03:50 AM
My four thoughts and a prediction:

1. Telling only as much truth as you have to gets you ahead with people.

2. Gabbard, and her and her father's political msm approved role playing in Hawaii over the years scares the crap out of me. Their roles have been too perfect.

3. Fox "News" loves this woman.

4. When I first saw and heard Senator Obama I knew he was perfect handler's material for PUSA, I had the same feeling seeing and hearing T Gabbard for the first time vying for congress.

A prediction, why not? :D I predict T. Gabbard will eventually be a VP pick or presidential candidate for the establishment. If candidate for PUSA she will win. She'll be that proven minority woman candidate that has battled America's greatest foes -even battling lava...:rolleyes:

Not neccessarily talking about the RPFs, but scared & prideful itching ears eat this stuff up, & Gabbard never gets around to a clear truth that her positions are supposedly based on ...Obama-vu all over again. If she ever had to walk back anything, people would defend her ala Obama/Gitmo etc.

I hope to be proved embarrassingly wrong.
I think her Hinduism will be a disqualifier, at least for now. 2024, maybe.

Dr. Dog
11-25-2015, 09:37 AM
I think her Hinduism will be a disqualifier, at least for now. 2024, maybe.
Let's hope forever.

Yieu
11-25-2015, 02:14 PM
//

tod evans
11-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Rejecting others based on details such as race or religion shows a lack of intelligence.

No it doesn't.

Maybe a lack of political correctness or the inability to assimilate but there's certainly no lack of intelligence.

Yieu
11-25-2015, 03:10 PM
//

Dr. Dog
11-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Rejecting others based on details such as race or religion shows a lack of intelligence.
No it does not. A person's religion informs their entire worldview. You cannot separate a person's morals, politics, and worldview from their religion. It makes perfect sense to exclude someone due to their religion.

Hating others based on details such as race or religion shows a lack of intelligence.
Who said anything about hating anyone due to their race or religion? I don't know why you're bringing that up.

Yieu
11-25-2015, 05:24 PM
//

Dr. Dog
11-25-2015, 06:00 PM
On what basis do you presume that her faith disqualifies her? Simply because she is not Christian?
Yes. That is enough reason for me.

Yieu
11-25-2015, 06:09 PM
//

Dr. Dog
11-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Then I would consider it intolerant and hateful, and without basis in reason.
Intolerant? Maybe. But what is wrong with that? Why would I be tolerant of false religions that worship idols and turn people away from God?

Hateful? Absolutely not.

Yieu
11-25-2015, 06:23 PM
//

Dr. Dog
11-25-2015, 06:27 PM
She worships the same God, whether you agree or not.

Unless she accepts Christ as her Savior, as the Son of God, as the second person of the Trinity. Then, no we do not worship the same God.

It seems that you might be trying to be divisive to feel superior.

And it seems you love to play the victim card with your "everyone is racist and hates me because I'm Hindu" BS.

Yieu
11-25-2015, 06:31 PM
//

vita3
11-25-2015, 07:26 PM
What other Armed Service Committee members could sign on to this??

timosman
11-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Curious what will happen to the bill - https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4108/ - and if we ever hear from Tulsi Gabbard on this subject :rolleyes:

tsai3904
12-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Thomas Massie signed on as a cosponsor.

Here's the text of the straightforward bill:

SECTION 1. PROHIBITION ON PROVISION OF ASSISTANCE TO SYRIAN OPPOSITION GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, funds available to the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, or any other agency or entity of the United States involved in intelligence activities, or to the National Security Council or its staff may not be obligated or expended to provide assistance, including training, equipment, supplies, stipends, construction of training and associated facilities, and sustainment, to any element of the Syrian opposition or to any other Syrian group or individual seeking to overthrow the government of the Syrian Arab Republic, unless, after the date of the enactment of this Act, funds are specifically authorized to be appropriated and appropriated by law for such purpose.

Dary
12-01-2015, 04:25 PM
She could be a freaking Wiccan for all I care. She's saying all the right things on Wolf's Sit Room tonight.

surf
12-01-2015, 08:18 PM

hoping for Amash. anyone have a toob of her w/Wolf?
edit: here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCiSskNkhWQ

enhanced_deficit
12-01-2015, 09:11 PM
America needs more bold leaders like Rep. Tulsi Gabbard.

http://www.midweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MW-Mizutani-041614-Tulsi-Surfing.jpg

Current puppets of neocons owners are a joke.

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/obama-golf-300x300.jpg

Yieu
12-02-2015, 06:49 PM
//

bunklocoempire
12-03-2015, 04:20 AM
Hilo Tribune gave her a big article this week with the OP tag... since when does the Hilo Tribune give a big article to sane ideas? :confused: Beware.

(and again, I hope my concern is a blundering mistake)

charrob
12-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Here's a recent video of Tulsi speaking in Congress to Defense Secretary Carter about overthrowing Assad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_GLuMvKBb8&index=154&

Brian4Liberty
12-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Hilo Tribune gave her a big article this week with the OP tag... since when does the Hilo Tribune give a big article to sane ideas? :confused: Beware.

(and again, I hope my concern is a blundering mistake)

If you are local, can you have a conversation with her?

bunklocoempire
12-06-2015, 03:24 AM

Good question. How do you have a conversation with a Hawaii politician? I lol'd typing that. Sheesh, I can't even imagine -if their response letters are any indication. The few written responses from Hawaii Fed politicians that I've seen were typical "D" brand rubber stamp replies.
I have not had any correspondence with TG. She might be available for limited conversation at a controlled "talk story" question and rhetoric session when campaigning.

bunklocoempire
12-06-2015, 03:24 AM

Good question. How do you have a conversation with a Hawaii politician? I lol'd typing that. Sheesh, I can't even imagine -if their response letters are any indication. The few written responses from Hawaii Fed politicians that I've seen were typical "D" brand rubber stamp replies.
I have not had any correspondence with TG. She might be available for limited conversation at a controlled "talk story" question and rhetoric session when campaigning.

charrob
12-07-2015, 03:10 PM

Tsai how do you find out which congressmen/congresswomen cosponsor this bill? I've called my congressman to consider joining this, but have no idea how to find out about whether he has or has not decided to do so.

devil21
12-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Tsai how do you find out which congressmen/congresswomen cosponsor this bill? I've called my congressman to consider joining this, but have no idea how to find out about whether he has or has not decided to do so.

A grand total of 2 cosponsors so far. Massie and Austin Scott-GA.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4108/cosponsors

charrob
12-07-2015, 04:38 PM
A grand total of 2 cosponsors so far. Massie and Austin Scott-GA.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4108/cosponsors

thanks!!!

Peace Piper
12-07-2015, 04:39 PM
She's not afraid to go after her own party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyxxxqIVrtw

A Rebel. Unlike others that suck up to their party whether it's right or not...

vita3
12-08-2015, 03:10 AM
Very happy that Massie signed on.

Brian4Liberty
12-09-2015, 12:02 PM

Probably depends upon if you are near her office. Sometimes they are available at the local office. Probably have to call and see if you could get an appointment when she is in town. (If she is even on the same island).

Heck, you could even "interview" here on this subject, and if you write something up, it can go on the front page here.

bunklocoempire
12-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Probably depends upon if you are near her office. Sometimes they are available at the local office. Probably have to call and see if you could get an appointment when she is in town. (If she is even on the same island).

Heck, you could even "interview" here on this subject, and if you write something up, it can go on the front page here.

I respectively decline. Others who believe that TG will do more good than the harm that she has already approved of, are welcome to spend the time probing the depths of her mind and reporting back.

Peace Piper
12-10-2015, 06:22 AM
I respectively decline. Others who believe that TG will do more good than the harm that she has already approved of, are welcome to spend the time probing the depths of her mind and reporting back.

What, specifically do you mean by "the harm that she has already approved of"?

Is there anyone else in DC speaking the truth about the fact that "Regime Changing" Assad is actually illegal? If there is, they have my support as well. Maybe if Rand hadn't spent the first debate by charging at Trump he could have said more about this illegal and unconstitutional "regime change" policy that has been going on for years and years. The American people don't seem to care much, hopefully Tulsi can help.

U.S. Congresswoman: CIA Must Stop Illegal, Counterproductive War to Overthrow Assad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHkher6ceaA

These wars are the most important thing right now. FFS some of these idiots are trying to provoke Russia RIGHT NOW. The warmongers and crooks have already stolen trillions of dollars from you, me and the next few generations. It's a disaster. To be fair to Rand, he is the next best thing (which isn't saying a lot) but for a Democrat to call this regime change illegal is a leap ahead.

http://i.imgur.com/HJM9q2n.jpg
Figures from September 2014- Click to find out what they are now http://costofwar.com/

So until someone else better comes along I'm 100% behind Tulsi Gabbard. One who isn't afraid to fight her own party and tell the truth.

Jamesiv1
12-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Wow - she's a sharp lady. Cool, collected, well-spoken, able to express the stupidity of our foreign policies in words anyone can understand.

And then comfortably throw down some surfer jive lol

She's a keeper. I could see Rand making some campaign appearances with this woman.

KingNothing
12-10-2015, 11:09 AM
This woman is going to be a political mega star. She's a total badass, an accomplished veteran, a relative "outsider" and a surfer who happens to be beautiful. If she manages to continually push against wars and political parties, she's got a very bright future.

Peace&Freedom
12-10-2015, 11:15 AM
This woman is going to be a political mega star. She's a total badass, an accomplished veteran, a relative "outsider" and a surfer who happens to be beautiful. If she manages to continually push against wars and political parties, she's got a very bright future.

And, she turns 35 in early 2016, just in time to be on a short list for appealing Democratic VP candidates. Earlier this year I thought Jim Webb had a chance to be the popular alternative to Hillary in the Democratic race (running to her left on war issues, and to her right on most domestic issues), in which case Gabbard would have been a possible running mate. Ah, what could have been.

jllundqu
12-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Her social policy positions aside, I REALLY like this lady. I agree she has a future. Keep an eye on this one. If she starts tossing out typical progressive BS, she's been bought and paid for. If she continues to buck the system and speaks truth to power, she can go a long way. My most important issue, as a voter, is war and peace. In that vein, Ms. Gabbard is an ally.

timosman
12-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Maybe they are grooming her to be the next Obama? It never hurts to hedge your bets. It does not matter which way the events unfold if you always have somebody in place.

KingNothing
12-10-2015, 01:46 PM
And, she turns 35 in early 2016, just in time to be on a short list for appealing Democratic VP candidates. Earlier this year I thought Jim Webb had a chance to be the popular alternative to Hillary in the Democratic race (running to her left on war issues, and to her right on most domestic issues), in which case Gabbard would have been a possible running mate. Ah, what could have been.

I'd vote for a Webb and Gabbard ticket, just because they seem like excellent people who've actually accomplished things.

KingNothing
12-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Maybe they are grooming her to be the next Obama? It never hurts to hedge your bets. It does not matter which way the events unfold if you always have somebody in place.

She's very clearly being groomed, that's for sure. Back in October, a series of puff pieces from major outlets started being written about her. That was no accident or coincidence, I'm sure.

surf
12-10-2015, 02:36 PM
114th CONGRESS
1st Session

H. R. 4108

To prohibit the use of funds for the provision of assistance to Syrian opposition groups and individuals.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

November 19, 2015

Ms. Gabbard (for herself and Mr. Austin Scott of Georgia) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Armed Services, and in addition to the Select Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select) and Foreign Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL

To prohibit the use of funds for the provision of assistance to Syrian opposition groups and individuals.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. Prohibition on provision of assistance to Syrian opposition groups and individuals.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, funds available to the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, or any other agency or entity of the United States involved in intelligence activities, or to the National Security Council or its staff may not be obligated or expended to provide assistance, including training, equipment, supplies, stipends, construction of training and associated facilities, and sustainment, to any element of the Syrian opposition or to any other Syrian group or individual seeking to overthrow the government of the Syrian Arab Republic, unless, after the date of the enactment of this Act, funds are specifically authorized to be appropriated and appropriated by law for such purpose.
good for her. i'd like Mr. Amash on this (or to know why he isn't)

Peace Piper
12-10-2015, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbBazqc2Kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW72MAcQkGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0f6WNGH_DY

Official House Page: http://gabbard.house.gov/
More videos https://www.youtube.com/user/tulsipress
More info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard

bunklocoempire
12-10-2015, 08:48 PM
What, specifically do you mean by "the harm that she has already approved of"?

Is there anyone else in DC speaking the truth about the fact that "Regime Changing" Assad is actually illegal? If there is, they have my support as well. Maybe if Rand hadn't spent the first debate by charging at Trump he could have said more about this illegal and unconstitutional "regime change" policy that has been going on for years and years. The American people don't seem to care much, hopefully Tulsi can help.

U.S. Congresswoman: CIA Must Stop Illegal, Counterproductive War to Overthrow Assad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHkher6ceaA

These wars are the most important thing right now. FFS some of these idiots are trying to provoke Russia RIGHT NOW. The warmongers and crooks have already stolen trillions of dollars from you, me and the next few generations. It's a disaster. To be fair to Rand, he is the next best thing (which isn't saying a lot) but for a Democrat to call this regime change illegal is a leap ahead.

http://i.imgur.com/HJM9q2n.jpg
Figures from September 2014- Click to find out what they are now http://costofwar.com/

So until someone else better comes along I'm 100% behind Tulsi Gabbard. One who isn't afraid to fight her own party and tell the truth.

Good for you. 27 years of watching and living with the results of US/military/Hawaii politics, gives me a different perspective.

Post 37 explains my thoughts on it and a prediction.

Thanks to Ron Paul for upping the truth-ante.

EDIT harm = TG voting record

Jamesiv1
12-10-2015, 10:37 PM
She's not afraid to go after her own party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyxxxqIVrtw

A Rebel. Unlike others that suck up to their party whether it's right or not...
Wow. No wonder she got "dis-invited" lol

This woman speaks her mind, and speaks with authority. She's also got skins on the wall (two deployments)

She would shred Hillary on the no-fly zone.

Start at 9:20

KingNothing
12-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Wow. No wonder she got "dis-invited" lol

This woman speaks her mind, and speaks with authority. She's also got skins on the wall (two deployments)

She would shred Hillary on the no-fly zone.

Start at 9:20

She's a total badass, a total brain, and a total babe.
She's everything Hillary and the rest are not.

I wonder when the Democratic party will really go hard for people like her, and Webb. If the party went in their direction, it wouldn't bring me to change affiliation, but it would at least open up the possibility that I would vote for a Democratic candidate.

timosman
12-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Sounds too good to be true.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Rand Paul + Tulsi Gabbard in 2020

running independent or start the 'Liberty Party'

screw the Republicrats. Get a coalition of House reps and senators and kick some freakin ass.

4 years ought to be plenty to build a butt-kicking organization.

Jamesiv1
12-12-2015, 12:21 PM
if he doesn't win this year, of course ;)