PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Refugees Very Concerned About U.S. Rejection Of Them

timosman
11-19-2015, 12:09 AM
http://abc7news.com/politics/syrian-refugees-very-concerned-about-us-rejection-of-them/1090696/

Monday, November 16, 2015 11:41PM
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There is a fierce backlash against Syrian refugees resettling in the U.S. right now, but some lawmakers say denying them entry would be turning our backs on people fleeing the horrors of the Islamic State terrorists.

Some people who have been seeking refugee status in the U.S. have been waiting a long time, in some cases up to 10-15 years. The possibility the door may now shut on them has them very concerned.

The proposal puts humanitarian Margaret Petros in a difficult position. She has worked for years to help get asylum for Assyrian Christians, who have been persecuted by ISIS and by other Islamic forces in Syria and Iraq. Now she must go online and explain to desperate families that their hope and dream may be put on indefinite hold.

"A mother with young children whose husband has been killed and suffered so much, and now having this hope of immigrating to a civilized country where they can live in peace, it's very difficult," Petros said.

VIDEO: Gov. Brown will allow Syrian refugees after vetting process

One of those refugees, Hanan, told ABC7 News she has been waiting to come to the U.S. or Canada for 13 years. Petros interprets her Arabic and says Hanan says, "We are very saddened about this that we are being put in a category of terrorism, and we are being blamed for the evil doing of the terrorists."

St. Sen. Ted Gaines, R- Roseville, supports a halt to immigration from Syria and Iraq.

"I'm not convinced that refugees have to come to America. If you're coming from a hotbed where terrorism has existed, then maybe those refugees can go somewhere else. Maybe they can remain in the Middle East," Gaines said.

The folders of refugee applicants are bulging, each with sad stories.

The convoys were intercepted by the insurgents just before entering the city of Tikrit in Iraq. My brother was searched, taken to a remote place, tortured and then shot to death.

Cabal
11-19-2015, 02:20 AM
but some lawmakers say denying them entry would be turning our backs on people fleeing the horrors of the Islamic State terrorists.

Read: some lawmakers are using a false dilemmas coupled with appeals to emotion in an attempt to con people into accepting/supporting an unnecessary, impractical, and inefficient solution.

"We are very saddened about this that we are being put in a category of terrorism, and we are being blamed for the evil doing of the terrorists."

No, you're not. If you were, you'd be in prison, and probably awaiting execution.

vita3
11-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Assyrians are an interesting minority. wish more journalists would give detailed reports about these folks.

muh_roads
11-19-2015, 06:04 AM
I want to know what "the vetting" process entails. The public deserves to know and be part of contributing ideas for methods.

#1 Do you blame the US for the creation of ISIS?

#2 Did you lose loved ones due to ISIS?

If both of these are answered to, then, sadly, they have to be monitored.

It's a sad situation. Helping them should be the right thing to do, but we all know the Gov't is purposefully instigating a future false flag on US soil. Obama lets them in. Trumpillary turns a blind eye in the next round and claims ignorance when something like Paris happens here.

jmdrake
11-19-2015, 06:32 AM
Nobody cared about the Christian refugees Bush created in 2004 when he overthrew Saddam.

Ronin Truth
11-19-2015, 12:21 PM
Good, go home and fix your country.

AngryCanadian
11-19-2015, 12:49 PM

America was founded by British Immigrants. :rolleyes:

Ronin Truth
11-19-2015, 12:57 PM
America was founded by British Immigrants. :rolleyes:

British, Dutch, French, Spanish, Native American, Germanic, etc., etc.

BTW, what's the current population of Canada (world's 2nd largest country)? :D

enhanced_deficit
11-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Nobody cared about the Christian refugees Bush created in 2004 when he overthrew Saddam.

There were of Arab race. Race matters.

Ronin Truth
11-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Don't be concerned. Just don't come. No problem, at all.

Feeding the Abscess
11-19-2015, 09:52 PM

That's an interesting perspective, considering our country is one the bombing Syria and worsening the refugee situation.

Batman
11-19-2015, 10:17 PM
That's an interesting perspective, considering our country is one the bombing Syria and worsening the refugee situation.

Holy shit. Most sensible thing I've read on these forums in months.

UWDude
11-20-2015, 01:44 AM
There were of Arab race. Race matters.

Arab isn't a race, it's a language.

ghengis86
11-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Arab isn't a race, it's a language.

I think Persian might be applicable.

Also, it was primarily US (and its "allies") fomenting the civil war, funding the terrorists, providing arms and training, to destabilize the Assad government. Oh, and dropping bombs on civil infrastructure while avoiding ISIS targets.

Ronin Truth
11-20-2015, 07:17 AM

I strive mightily to have an interesting perspective. My country isn't doing any of those things, perhaps your GOVERNMENT is.

Ronin Truth
11-20-2015, 07:21 AM
I think Persian might be applicable.

Also, it was primarily US (and its "allies") fomenting the civil war, funding the terrorists, providing arms and training, to destabilize the Assad government. Oh, and dropping bombs on civil infrastructure while avoiding ISIS targets.

You may not want to let an Iranian hear you call him an Arab. (Just a word to the wise)

fisharmor
11-20-2015, 08:01 AM

I want to say there's a whole story Jesus himself told about taking care of people who are in dire trouble even irrespective of what race or religion they are.

We are a nation of priests and Levites.

Ronin Truth
11-20-2015, 09:49 AM
I want to say there's a whole story Jesus himself told about taking care of people who are in dire trouble even irrespective of what race or religion they are.

We are a nation of priests and Levites. I'm not.

fisharmor
11-20-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm not.

Um... yeah, you are.

Don't be concerned. Just don't come. No problem, at all.

Ronin Truth
11-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Um... yeah, you are.

Priest, Levite, or both? Am I somewhere in the Bible? :confused:

timosman
11-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Holy shit. Most sensible thing I've read on these forums in months.

You must have been away for a while. :cool:

fisharmor
11-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Priest, Levite, or both? Am I somewhere in the Bible? :confused:
Yes. Luke 10:31-32.

RPfan1992
11-20-2015, 11:54 AM
http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1447794107457.gif

Think of the (brainwashed) children!!

Ronin Truth
11-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Yes. Luke 10:31-32. Yep, I am pretty big on, mind your own business. I might call 911 though.