PDA

View Full Version : Russia brings in bombers in Syria

vita3
11-18-2015, 06:58 AM
Still can't believe I weigh in on Russia's side with trying to keep Assad regime in power & fighting ISIS & all "moderate" foreign invaders

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/17/russia-pounds-isis-with-biggest-bomber-raid-in-decades.html

enhanced_deficit
11-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Well some crazy nuts in the US has been calling for shooting down of Russian plane that are helping Syria attack ISIS terrorists , let's see what happens.

Carson: If Russian Planes Violate a No-Fly Zone, ‘Shoot Them Down’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485166-Carson-If-Russian-Planes-Violate-a-No-Fly-Zone-%E2%80%98Shoot-Them-Down%E2%80%99&)“If they do come into that area — after you have given them adequate warning, after we’ve talked to Putin — you shoot them down. Absolutely,” Carson told radio host Simon Conway, who pointed out to Carson that the Russians would likely respond forcefully.

wizardwatson
11-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Well some crazy nuts in the US has been calling for shooting down of Russian plane that are helping Syria attack ISIS terrorists , let's see what happens.

Carson: If Russian Planes Violate a No-Fly Zone, ‘Shoot Them Down’ (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485166-Carson-If-Russian-Planes-Violate-a-No-Fly-Zone-%E2%80%98Shoot-Them-Down%E2%80%99&)“If they do come into that area — after you have given them adequate warning, after we’ve talked to Putin — you shoot them down. Absolutely,” Carson told radio host Simon Conway, who pointed out to Carson that the Russians would likely respond forcefully.

Well, thankfully idiot GOP candidates aren't in operational positions.

America and Russia had a deconfliction agreement in October. The Kremlin merely requested that it not be made public until a day or two ago. I read an article on JPost that says that Israel was informed on September 30th by Russia that they would attack ISIS.

But if you look at the maps of publicized targets you'll see that neither the US, nor Russia nor France, until last couple days was actually attacking major ISIS infrastructure. At first Russia was just supporting Assad against the moderates and outliers.

The reason for this (also publicized and now pretty much accepted fact by everyone) is that we weren't actually fighting ISIS in Syria. We allowed them to exist to weaken Assad as a matter of policy. As a courtesy, Russia basically asked U.S. which targets would you like us not to destroy. U.S. refused. I assume that's been resolved now. It sounds like the U.S. and Kurds will be given ground control of the north, so if there are any pro-US elements embedded in ISIS they likely have an area in the north they can rally at, rather than being carpet bombed with the rest.

I repeat. It is accepted fact that despite US media propaganda that we were "fighting ISIS with air power" we were in fact not. No one was touching ISIS until after Paris really.

Didn't anyone wonder when the France Raqqa attacks happened a couple days ago, "wait, why are there still easy targets in Raqqa?"

People don't seem to realize how big of a power shift this is. America basically passed the baton to Russia to destroy something we've essentially been using against them since the 80's. Russia is winning the battle of trust. And now that our "let's use ISIS against Assad" strategy is becoming mainstream news, I'm guessing Russia's new role will only grow, along with Iran.

enhanced_deficit
11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Informative post.

I repeat. It is accepted fact that despite US media propaganda that we were "fighting ISIS with air power" we were in fact not. No one was touching ISIS until after Paris really.

That may explain their rapid growth since we started "fighting" them couple of years ago.