PDA

View Full Version : Carson is starting to unravel

11-17-2015, 07:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/adviser-acknowledges-carson-struggling-foreign-policy-233042881--election.html#

I think most of the people that post on this forum have a better grasp of foreign policy and we aren't running for potus. This is probably the beginning of Carson's downfall. His own campaign admits he doesn't know.

timosman
11-17-2015, 07:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/adviser-acknowledges-carson-struggling-foreign-policy-233042881--election.html#

I think most of the people that post on this forum have a better grasp of foreign policy and we aren't running for potus. This is probably the beginning of Carson's downfall. His own campaign admits he doesn't know.

I actually listened briefly to an interview with him after the last debate in a spin room. He sounded proud of knowing most of the things discussed during the foreign policy part of the debate. :D

KEEF
11-17-2015, 07:15 PM
I love this quote...
"I'd say he's 75 percent of the way there," said Armstrong Williams, Carson's longtime business manager. "The world is a complex place, and he wants to get it right."

It makes me think of trying to justify with my Department Chair as to why my class averages are what they are... except well, I am not running for president.
<SARCASM> Good job there Benny-boy, keep trying...<SARCASM>

specsaregood
11-17-2015, 07:17 PM
He's probably being told all this crap and thinking, "that can't be right, you mean our foreign policy is completely retarded?"

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2015, 07:18 PM
No doubt the neocons are jumping at a chance to educate Carson. This is what happened when Chris Christie first started talking about higher office. He didn't know anything about foreign policy, but the neocons educated him, and he came out a hard-core neoconservative.

Brian4Liberty
11-17-2015, 07:20 PM
He's probably being told all this crap and thinking, "that can't be right, you mean our foreign policy is completely retarded?"

Or the neocons are feeding him their garbage and he's thinking "this is contradictory and doesn't make any sense". He may be having trouble learning that 2+2=5.

Peace&Freedom
11-17-2015, 07:25 PM
From the looks of the article, Carson's "not grasping foreign policy" may simply be code for him not conforming to the impulse to escalate war everywhere in the Mideast, or to give unqualified worship to AIPAC. Remember, early on he did not express support for the US intervening in either Afghanistan or Iraq, then started sounding more hawkish once he began to undergo "training" by his advisors. He's doing no better or worse that your average Governor in learning to sound Presidential on the international front.

cindy25
11-17-2015, 07:30 PM
No doubt the neocons are jumping at a chance to educate Carson. This is what happened when Chris Christie first started talking about higher office. He didn't know anything about foreign policy, but the neocons educated him, and he came out a hard-core neoconservative.

Christie was always neo-con. he was hard ass US attorney from NYC area

sparebulb
11-17-2015, 08:26 PM
The handlers did a great job prepping Sarah Palin, maybe they will do the same for Mr. Dr. Ben, CEO MD.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/lancasteronline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/a8/ba82f410-b3d8-11e4-8ed4-9303619d13d5/54de8a08b2e44.image.jpg

11-17-2015, 08:28 PM
My point is, if you are running to be the leader of the largest military in the world, you should know all this already, not need lessons. One would think he would lose support for the perception he doesn't.

In the last week, terrorists attacked France and the Russians launched the largest single airstrike since at least Vietnam maybe WW2. I can't imagine GOP primary voters will still support a neophyte who has never held office and who's campaign just admitted he is clueless.

devil21
11-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Just like Herman Cain. Eventually his lack of knowledge becomes very apparent and that's the beginning of the end for the candidate.

RandPaul4Prez
11-17-2015, 10:07 PM
The more Carson opens his mouth the better it gets for Rand

Peace&Freedom
11-18-2015, 03:29 AM
My point is, if you are running to be the leader of the largest military in the world, you should know all this already, not need lessons. One would think he would lose support for the perception he doesn't.

In the last week, terrorists attacked France and the Russians launched the largest single airstrike since at least Vietnam maybe WW2. I can't imagine GOP primary voters will still support a neophyte who has never held office and who's campaign just admitted he is clueless.

The wide support for Carson and Trump in the primary race shows most people are tired of all the militarism, and don't want another candidate whose presidency will be dominated by it. This race is turning out to be favorable to contenders who may be short on such knowledge, but are long on resolve and cultural emphasis. So the perception of his being weak on it isn't a deal killer.

JohnCollins
11-18-2015, 06:15 AM
Rand should hit Carson on the Syrian no-fly zone in a debate. There is no way the media will be able to spin a Rand-Carson exchange as a loss for Rand.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
11-20-2015, 03:02 PM
I watched Carson on 700 Club a few weeks ago. They spent at least 5 minutes on foreign policy. He was spouting the same bullshit about Syria and Russia and Putin as every other candidate besides Paul & Trump.