PDA

View Full Version : Obama Defends ISIS Strategy, Rejects Blocking Muslim Refugees

timosman
11-16-2015, 01:14 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/17/world/europe/obama-says-paris-attacks-have-stiffened-resolve-to-crush-isis.html

ANTALYA, Turkey — President Obama declared on Monday that his strategy for defeating the Islamic State is working despite last week’s horrific attacks in Paris, forcefully rejecting calls for escalating the use of military force in the Middle East or turning away Syrian refugees at home.

At a sometimes tense news conference at the end of an international summit meeting here, Mr. Obama said he would intensify targeted airstrikes and assistance to local ground forces in Syria and Iraq, but it will take time to cripple the terrorist group. He dismissed critics who faulted his approach, accusing them of trying to profit politically from the episode.

“We have the right strategy and we’re going to see it through,” Mr. Obama told reporters before heading to the Philippines and Malaysia for summit meetings there. He said he planned to intensify his current approach but not fundamentally alter it. “What I do not do is take actions either because it is going to work politically or it is going to somehow, in the abstract, make America look tough or make me look tough.”

More at link

wizardwatson
11-16-2015, 01:22 PM
“That’s shameful,” Mr. Obama said. “That’s not American. It’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.”

I actually agree with the hypocrite. Plus, it isn't like a terrorist is going to be carrying an ISIS flag through the checkpoints.

So yeah, there shouldn't be a religious test. Our compassion should be as indiscriminate as a hellfire missile at an Taliban wedding.

enhanced_deficit
11-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Was there ISIS in Syria in Jan 2009 when Barack Hussien Obama was put in the White House as a blowback for US Christians led invasion of Iraq?

As to the strategery:

http://www.hangthebankers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ISIS-Syrian-Rebels-Obama-CIA-640x390.jpg