PDA

View Full Version : Please No Tagging

Syren123
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I got a call from the City of Santa Clarita., CA. Apparently someone has taken a Ron Paul stencil and is spray painting all over the city's trash cans, walls, benches. They want to fine the campaign for this.

Let's take a minute to remind ourselves that while enthusiastic activism is good, defacing public property with spray painted signs is BAD. It's a bad idea. It reflects badly on both the supporters (perps) and the candidate.

A little common sense please.

RPinSEAZ
12-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Now THAT is stupid. It's probably spray chalk though.

AtomiC
12-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow some RP supporters are so stupid. We need to realize what we do reflects on us and especially the campaign.

rollingpig
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
maybe people from other campaigns are trying to frame us

koob
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
lol we're a gang now.

Syren123
12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Now THAT is stupid. It's probably spray chalk though.

Not according to the VERY PISSED woman. It's paint, and she's mad as a wet hen. She said they're going to fine the campaign. I replied that the campaign had nothing to do with it; any signs she sees are the the result and at the expense of volunteers and activists. I reminded her that if someone spray painted a logo or a brand name somewhere, they wouldn't fine the company. Same thing with this.

I did apologize on that nitwit's behalf, however.

Tina
12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Well I think this could easily be from a different campaign. Especially since it's on a trash can.

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Can they prove it was a Ron Paul supporter or just someone trying to defame Ron by obviously destroying property? Don't be quick to point fingers...
The people in power are not going to just let that power go.. they are going to play dirty, and that includes imposters doing stupid shit.

specsaregood
12-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Can they prove it was a Ron Paul supporter or just someone trying to defame Ron by obviously destroying property? Don't be quick to point fingers...
The people in power are not going to just let that power go.. they are going to play dirty, and that includes imposters doing stupid shit.

Indeed, that was my first thought. Unless they catch the person, I would be skeptical. And the campaign can certainly not be held responsible.

Hope
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Ron Paul could never do something like this. The obvious answer is that Rudy hired some mafia men to go about small towns painting "Ron Paul 2008" on city property. They're soooo afraid to Ron Paul that they have deteremined to stop his campaign with this!

The eyes doth roll.

McDermit
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Eeek.

McDermit
12-06-2007, 05:36 PM
The best thing now might be damage control. Have the local meetups contact her and offer to clean it up.

Yeah, not our fault, but... it makes us look bad, for sure.

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Ron Paul could never do something like this. The obvious answer is that Rudy hired some mafia men to go about small towns painting "Ron Paul 2008" on city property. They're soooo afraid to Ron Paul that they have deteremined to stop his campaign with this!

The eyes doth roll.

You say that only because you have no clue who we are up against. Are you familiar with G. Edward Griffon? He goes into detail to describe to the general population what opposes us: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

I suggest you take the time to view that video and explain how we are wrong in an informed manner.

You've got some homework to do. The final is soon.

Gadsdenfly
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
This sort of thing is industrial strength stupid. RP supporters MUST respect private (and public) property!

Paulitician
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
That's a huge no-no. WTF is wrong with some people?

CelestialRender
12-06-2007, 06:01 PM
It doesn't matter whether it's a supporter or not.

They need to prove guilt before they start throwing fines around.

jrich4rpaul
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
I got a call from the City of Santa Clarita., CA. Apparently someone has taken a Ron Paul stencil and is spray painting all over the city's trash cans, walls, benches. They want to fine the campaign for this.

Let's take a minute to remind ourselves that while enthusiastic activism is good, defacing public property with spray painted signs is BAD. It's a bad idea. It reflects badly on both the supporters (perps) and the candidate.

A little common sense please.

Idiots.

CurtisLow
12-06-2007, 06:29 PM
maybe people from other campaigns are trying to frame us

That's what I was thinking.. Probably Hillarys camp.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
That's not tagging. It's just vandalism. And RP supporters do believe in property rights the same way Ron Paul does.

I hope our Meetup leaders are vigilant about warning members against this.

ladyliberty
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I would not accept any sort of fine (unless they can produce a video, fingerprints, and/or DNA evidence of the culprits), however I would offer to repaint the defaced property (while wearing Ron Paul T-shirts of course) and explain to any media who show up that while your group is NOT RESPONSIBLE for the vandalism, in a spirit of civic pride you offered to help clean it up!