PDA

View Full Version : Oil and Religion

tod evans
11-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Are there any reasons the US is involved in the middle East that don't boil down to either oil or religion?

For those who advocate war which of the two reasons above are you willing to kill for?

Ronin Truth
11-16-2015, 08:46 AM
The folks (Rothschilds) that hold the US government mortgage from the 1930's really want us there.

Yowsa Massah!

Occam's Banana
11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Are there any reasons the US is involved in the middle East that don't boil down to either oil or religion?

For those who advocate war which of the two reasons above are you willing to kill for?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again. :mad:

Cabal
11-16-2015, 02:07 PM

Statism.

It is in the best interest of the State to maintain perpetual conflict. It keeps the State relevant in the eyes of those who believe the State is necessary to protect them from foreign threats across the world. It gives the State an excuse to grow in size and scope, internationally and domestically. It allows the State to encourage and ensure future conflicts by destabilizing regions and funneling resources into the military-industrial complex. Hence the saying, "war is the health of the State."

tod evans
11-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Isn't statism a form of religion whether people want to admit it or not?

Acala
11-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Reason 3: Money for military contractors and eventually banks when it comes time to get financing to rebuild everything that was destroyed.

Cabal
11-16-2015, 02:21 PM

More or less.

Origanalist
11-16-2015, 08:53 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again. :mad:

Got that.

Origanalist
11-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Reason 3: Money for military contractors and eventually banks when it comes time to get financing to rebuild everything that was destroyed.

That all falls under the category of "State".

kpitcher
11-16-2015, 08:58 PM

Beware the military industrial complex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Contumacious
11-16-2015, 09:06 PM

I am willing to fight for whomever gives me the 72 virgins FIRST - if I am still alive after that then ...............

Occam's Banana
11-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Okay, it worked that time ...

Acala
11-17-2015, 08:53 AM

I guess if you define it broadly enough. But you can have a state without crony-capitalism.

oyarde
11-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Oil is available on the world market like gold , copper , nat gas etc . There is lots of it and it is for sale cheap. No reason for war there . Religion , I care not what any persons religion is. If they tell me I cannot practice mine or I must pay a tax , I would kill them all.Complete genocide . LOL

jbauer
11-17-2015, 09:20 AM
I am willing to fight for whomever gives me the 72 virgins FIRST - if I am still alive after that then ...............

FYI, They're all out of female virgins.

All that's left are some geeky 18yr old dudes and some transgender "people".

oyarde
11-17-2015, 09:24 AM

Religion & statism cannot seem to be separated by large populations residing East of me.

Dr. Dog
11-17-2015, 09:36 AM
The Roman Catholic, Orthodox and Anglican churches use olive oil for the Oil of Catechumens (used to bless and strengthen those preparing for Baptism) and Oil of the Sick (used to confer the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick or Unction). Olive oil mixed with a perfuming agent such as balsam is consecrated by bishops as Sacred Chrism, which is used to confer the sacrament of Confirmation (as a symbol of the strengthening of the Holy Spirit), in the rites of Baptism and the ordination of priests and bishops, in the consecration of altars and churches, and, traditionally, in the anointing of monarchs at their coronation.

Eastern Orthodox Christians still use oil lamps in their churches, home prayer corners and in the cemeteries. A vigil lamp consists of a votive glass containing a half-inch of water and filled the rest with olive oil. The glass has a metal holder that hangs from a bracket on the wall or sits on a table. A cork float with a lit wick floats on the oil. To douse the flame, the float is carefully pressed down into the oil. Makeshift oil lamps can easily be made by soaking a ball of cotton in olive oil and forming it into a peak. The peak is lit and then burns until all the oil is consumed, whereupon the rest of the cotton burns out. Olive oil is a usual offering to churches and cemeteries.

In the Orthodox Church, olive oil is a product not consumed during lent or penance while Orthodox monks use it sparingly in their diet. Exceptions are in feast days and Sundays.

oyarde
11-17-2015, 09:44 AM

There is no reason to be involved at all .It is lose , lose . There is nothing there for the american taxpayer. So , others are doing the conspiring.

Contumacious
11-17-2015, 12:47 PM
FYI, They're all out of female virgins.

All that's left are some geeky 18yr old dudes and some transgender "people".

LOL

AND FOR THAT REASON I'M OUT.