PDA

View Full Version : The Rise of the College Crybullies

timosman
11-15-2015, 04:47 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-rise-of-the-college-crybullies-1447458587

For more than a week now, the country has been mesmerized, and appalled, by the news emanating from academia. At Yale the insanity began over Halloween costumes. Erika Christakis, associate master of a residential college at Yale, courted outrage by announcing that “free speech and the ability to tolerate offense are the hallmarks of a free and open society” and it was not her business to police Halloween costumes.

To people unindoctrinated by the sensitivity training that is de rigueur on most campuses today, these sentiments might seem unobjectionable. But to the delicate creatures at Yale’s Silliman College they were an intolerable provocation. What if students dressed as American Indians or Mexican mariachi musicians? Angry, hysterical students confronted Nicholas Christakis, Erika’s husband and the master of Silliman, screaming obscenities and demanding that he step down because he had failed to create “a place of comfort, a home” for students. The episode was captured on video and went viral.

At the University of Missouri, Jonathan Butler, the son of a wealthy railroad executive (2014 compensation: $8.4 million), went on a hunger strike to protest what he called “revolting” acts of racism at Mizzou. Details were scanty. Nevertheless, black members of the university football team threatened to strike for the rest of the season unless Tim Wolfe, Mizzou’s president, stepped down. A day or two later, he did.

Emboldened, student and faculty protesters physically prevented reporters from photographing a tent village they had built on public space. In another shocking video, a student photographer is shown being forced back by an angry mob while Melissa Click, a feminist communications teacher at Mizzou, shouts for “muscle” to help her eject a reporter.

What is happening? Is it a reprise of the late 1960s and 1970s, when campuses across the country were sites of violent protests? In my book “Tenured Radicals: How Politics Have Corrupted Our Higher Education,” I showed how the radical ideology of the 1960s had been institutionalized, absorbed into the moral tissues of the American educational establishment.

As one left-wing professor wrote in the Chronicle of Higher Education, “After the Vietnam War, a lot of us didn’t just crawl back into our literary cubicles; we stepped into academic positions. With the war over, our visibility was lost, and it seemed for a while—to the unobservant—that we had disappeared. Now we have tenure, and the work of reshaping the universities has begun in earnest.”

“Tenured Radicals” provides an account of that reshaping, focusing especially on what it has meant for the substance of a college education. The book includes a section on “academia and infantilization.” But when I wrote in 2008, the rhetoric of “safe spaces,” “microaggressions” and “trigger warnings” had not yet colluded to bring forth that new academic phenomenon, at once tender and vicious, the crybully.

The crybully, who has weaponized his coveted status as a victim, was first sighted in the mid-2000s. He has two calling cards, race and gender. By coincidence Lawrence Summers, then president of Harvard University, was involved in the evolution of both.

Race came first. In 2001 Mr. Summers made headlines when he suggested that Cornel West—then the Alphonse Fletcher, Jr., University Professor and eminence in the African and African American Studies Department at Harvard—buckle down to some serious scholarship. (Mr. West’s most recent production had been a rap CD called “Sketches of My Culture.”) Mr. Summers also suggested that the professor lead in fighting the scandal of grade inflation at Harvard, where one of every two grades was an A or A-.

A national scandal erupted. Black professors at Harvard threatened to leave—Mr. West soon decamped to Princeton—and the New York Times published a hand-wringing editorial criticizing Mr. Summers, who quickly recanted, noting that the entire episode had been “a terrible misunderstanding.”

Then came gender. In 2005 Mr. Summers spoke at a conference on “Diversifying the Science & Engineering Workforce” at MIT. He speculated on why there aren’t more women scientists at elite universities. He touched on several possibilities: Maybe “patterns of discrimination” had something to do with it. Maybe most women preferred to put their families before their careers. And maybe, just possibly, it had something to do with “different availability of aptitude at the high end.”

What a storm that last comment sparked! “I felt I was going to be sick,” wailed Nancy Hopkins, a biology professor at MIT, who had walked out on Mr. Summers. “My heart was pounding and my breath was shallow, low,” Ms. Hopkins said. “I was extremely upset.”

Once again, Mr. Summers recanted. He published an open letter to the Harvard community. “I deeply regret the impact of my comments,” he wrote, “and apologize for not having weighed them more carefully.” It was too late. By May 2005 his faculty had returned a vote of no confidence 218 to 185, with 18 abstentions. By February 2006 he had been forced to announce his resignation.

These two incidents, partly because they involved such a high-profile institution, marked an important turning point. The pleasures of aggression were henceforth added to the comforts of feeling aggrieved.

The toxic fruits of this development are on view not only at Yale and Mizzou, but throughout the higher-educational establishment, where spurious charges of “systemic racism,” “a culture of rape” and sundry other imaginary torts compete for the budget of pity and special treatment.

Even as I write, Amherst College is exploding with nonnegotiable demands from a student group that the president apologize for (among others things) Amherst’s “institutional legacy of white supremacy, colonialism, anti-black racism, anti-Latinx racism, anti-Native American racism, anti-Native/ indigenous racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-Middle Eastern racism, heterosexism, cis-sexism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, ableism, mental health stigma, and classism.” Really, you can’t make it up.

The response of university administrations has not been encouraging. At Yale, cringing capitulation has been the order of the day. Last week Yale President Peter Salovey told a group of aggrieved students who complained that they did not feel “safe” at Yale that “we failed you.” At one of the several hours-long public meetings on campus, the Yale Daily News reported, Jonathan Holloway, dean of Yale College, found himself “surrounded by a sea of upturned faces and fighting back tears” as he apologized for the administration’s silence on allegations of racial discrimination.

There are a lot of tears at Yale these days. When the conservative lawyer Amy Wax spoke at the Yale Political Union last week, a group of students stood up, turned their backs on her, and raised their fists in the air in protest. “Several students,” the Yale Daily News reported, “cried during her speech.”

A few days after enduring the hysterics of his students, Nicholas Christakis, accompanied by Dean Holloway and other university administrators, met with about 100 students at his home and abased himself. “I have disappointed you and I’m really sorry,” he said.

The confrontation “just broke my heart,” Mr. Christakis added. “I care so much about the same issues you care about. I’ve spent my life taking care of these issues of injustice, of poverty, of racism. I have the same beliefs that you do . . . I’m genuinely sorry, and to have disappointed you. I’ve disappointed myself.”

Perhaps he thinks such groveling will allow him to salvage his position. I wouldn’t count on it. At about midnight on Veterans Day, a group of students marched to Mr. Salovey’s house to complain about “institutional racism at Yale” and to present six demands, including “a University where we feel safe,” the renaming of Yale’s Calhoun College ( John Calhoun supported slavery), the abolition of the title “Master,” and the erection of a monument acknowledging that Yale was built on land stolen from “indigenous peoples.” Oh, and they demanded that Nicholas and Erika Christakis be removed from their administrative positions.

For his part, Mr. Salovey noted mildly that the students had appeared at his house “at a somewhat late hour,” but that was just fine. He was “deeply disturbed” by the “distress” they felt and would “seriously” review their new demands.

The fatuousness of these episodes—many of which might have been plucked from the annals of Maoist public-shaming events—underscores the surreal quality of life at many American colleges these days. Peter Salovey came to his office a couple of years ago with a ringing defense of free speech. He has bravely endeavored to continue that support, but has also chained his carriage to a conflicting, indeed a contradictory, ethic: the mendacious gospel of political correctness, according to which reality must take second place to ideology. Mr. Salovey, like academic administrators around the country, hopes that he can safeguard free speech while also acceding to demands that the university be a “safe space” where no one’s feelings are hurt. It is an impossible project.

Academic administrators would be better advised to take a page from the robust philosophy of Teddy Roosevelt, leavened with a little clear-eyed truth-telling from Aristotle. In Roosevelt’s autobiography, TR cautioned that “The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin . . . would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.” He warned against the destructive vogue for “hyphenated Americans.”

Back then, it was German-Americans, Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans. Today we speak of “Native-Americans,” “African-Americans,” and the like, and terms tend to be wielded in a way to claim both special protected status and unearned privilege. The result is a tangle of national squabbling that is like nothing Roosevelt could have imagined.

The truth is that American universities are among the safest and most coddled environments ever devised by man. The idea that one should attend college to be protected from ideas one might find controversial or offensive could only occur to someone who had jettisoned any hope of acquiring an education. Many commentators have been warning about a “higher education bubble.” They have focused mostly on the unsustainable costs of college, but the spectacle of timid moral self-indulgence also deserves a place on the bill of indictment.

There are some encouraging signs. When a dean at Claremont College resigned on Thursday after being accused of racism because of a carelessly worded email, some brave students at the Claremont Independent published a dissenting editorial in which they berated hypersensitive students for bringing spurious charges of racism and the dean and the president for cowardice in not standing up to the barrage.

“Lastly,” they wrote, “we are disappointed in students like ourselves, who were scared into silence. We are not racist for having different opinions. We are not immoral because we don’t buy the flawed rhetoric of a spiteful movement.” (A larger excerpt is nearby.)

And this is where Aristotle comes in. Courage, Aristotle pointed out, is the most important virtue, because without it you cannot practice the others. Courage has been in short supply on American campuses. Those independent-minded students at Claremont provided a breath of fresh air. It will be interesting to see if it penetrates the fetid atmosphere that has settled over so much of American academic life.

TheTexan
11-15-2015, 06:04 PM
I think everyone deserves a safe space. Can we create a subforum, that can be our safe space, or does the "Rand Paul Forum" already suffice for this purpose?

phill4paul
11-15-2015, 06:20 PM
I think everyone deserves a safe space. Can we create a subforum, that can be our safe space, or does the "Rand Paul Forum" already suffice for this purpose?

You have come up with millions of excellent ideas but I think this may be your best! Candidates get their own sub-forums where members cannot say anything bad against them! I don't see why each member should not have their own sub-forum where other members cannot contradict them or say bad things about them! We are all sovereign individuals and, as such, are entitled to our own sub-forum!
If you are willing to go on strike to right this injustice then I am too!

P.M. me so we can create an relevant meme to incite others to action!

RJB
11-15-2015, 06:49 PM
For a peaceful experience on the forum check out our transcendental Peace through religion section. It will change your life in many ways.

Danke
11-15-2015, 06:55 PM
I find the OP article offensive.

RJB
11-15-2015, 06:57 PM
I moved a lot as a kid and went to different schools. Always new bullies. Then I was home schooled through high school and joined the Marines because I did not want to go in another such environment.

When I went back to college, I held this tension for months until I realized somewhere in my subconscious I was waiting for someone to start a fight with me, and it made me laugh as I realized I was an adult and I was liberated from such stupidity.

In the past though it seemed that the only bullying that occurred was self inflicted by people who went through initiation into fraternities to get a chance to bully the next class.

Maybe this rise of bullying in college is proof that people are maturing slower in this country from fatherless upbringings, mind altering drugs to control behavior, who knows, but some people haven't out grown middle and high school.

phill4paul
11-15-2015, 07:05 PM

I've created a "safe-space" for you.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?485318-Danke-s-Safe-Space&p=6044913#post6044913

timosman
11-16-2015, 01:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTyM4a7UEAExpDP.jpg

jclay2
11-16-2015, 07:26 AM

Ha, hilarious.

DamianTV
11-16-2015, 03:57 PM
"free speech and the ability to tolerate offense are the hallmarks of a free and open society"

Absolute Quote Worthy.

ZENemy
11-16-2015, 04:09 PM

You being offended, offends me.

Anti Federalist
01-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Assault charge filed against Mizzou professor who called for 'some muscle'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/25/assault-charge-filed-against-mizzou-professor-who-called-some-muscle/79298692/#cx_ab_test_id=21&cx_ab_test_variant=cx_trend&cx_art_pos=5&cx_navSource=arttop&cx_tag=trend&cx_rec_type=trend&cx_ctrl_comp_grp=false&cxrecs_s

25 Jan 2016

A misdemeanor assault charge was filed Monday against a University of Missouri assistant professor who received nationwide attention when she called for "some muscle" to help remove a student journalist from a campus protest in November.

Melissa Click, who works in Missouri's communication department, faces a Class C misdemeanor simple assault charge for the incident, in which she was filmed having physical contact and berating a student journalist, according to the office of Columbia, Mo., prosecutor Steve Richey. The student was trying to conduct interviews at a site set up on the university's quad by students protesting the treatment of African Americans by administrators.

A video of the confrontation, which was taken by student journalist Mark Schierbecker and went viral on the Internet, begins with a group of protesters yelling and pushing another student journalist, Tim Tai, who was trying to photograph the campsite. At the end of the video, Schierbecker approaches Click, who calls for "some muscle" to remove him from the protest area. She then appears to grab at Schierbecker's camera.

Schierbecker filed a simple assault complaint with the campus police department days after the incident.

timosman
02-21-2016, 01:53 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/university-of-missouri-communications-professor-melissa-click-tells-her-side-of-the-story/

February 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4MTMyxcjNU

The University of Missouri says an investigation into Melissa Click, an assistant professor in communications who sparked a national backlash, is nearly done. The 45-year-old woman was caught on tape asking for "muscle" to keep a student journalist away from a campus protest. In a separate incident, that same teacher was seen cursing at police.

But in an interview seen only on "CBS This Morning," the embattled teacher told her side of the story.

When asked about her behavior, Click said she regrets her actions, reports CBS News correspondent Anna Werner.

She was the woman seen at a University of Missouri protest last fall ordering a student journalist away from a group of protesters on the public quad.

"You need to get out! You need to get out!" she could be seen shouting.

"I actually don't," the student responded in the video.

Her actions brought her a misdemeanor assault charge and widespread condemnation. Now, she's apologizing.

"Were you appalled by your behavior when you watched the video?" Werner asked Click.

"I was embarrassed by my behavior. I believe it doesn't represent who I am as a person," Click said. "It doesn't represent the good I was doing there that day, and you know, certainly I wish I could do it over again."

Click said she was trying to protect the protesting students, who she said were under threat, and wasn't sure the man filming was a real journalist.

"He introduced himself only as media, and came at me with a camera," Click said.

"But that's a camera, not a weapon," Werner pointed out.

"Sure, but it also wasn't a big camera. It could have been a phone-sized camera. It wasn't -- again, didn't say 'professional journalist' to me," Click said.

CBS News asked if she would review the tape of that incident with us. She declined.

But on the tape, she is clearly heard identifying the student journalist as a "reporter" before calling for "muscle" to remove him.

"All right, who wants to help me get this reporter out of here, I need some muscle over here, help me get him out!" Click can be heard saying in the video.

"Is calling for 'muscle out here' respectful?" Werner asked.

"It was a mistake. I never, ever meant that as a call for violence," Click said. "It was just one of those things that was said in a heated moment."

But another video released last week by the Columbia Missourian newspaper showed Click at an earlier protest during homecoming in October, cursing at a police officer who she said pushed her.

"Get your f***ing hands off me!" Click could be heard saying.

"Get out of the road or get arrested!" the officer could be heard responding in the video.

"You can understand where a lot of people watching those videos are saying, 'She's got a problem,'" Werner said.

"People who know me don't feel that way. People who were there that day, don't feel that way," Click said. "They know what it was like to be there. They know I was there with the best of intentions and they know it was a really tricky situation."

The university's governing board is now investigating.

"What is it about the videos to you that is most damaging?" Werner asked David Steelman, a board member.

"The call for muscle, no question about it," Steelman said. "Imagine yourself as a parent and that's your child that a faculty member calls for muscle on. ... You do not pour gasoline on an already volatile situation."

In December, more than 100 Mizzou faculty members signed a letter of support, calling her "an ally to students" and someone with an "outstanding record of teaching and research." But Click now worries she won't get a fair hearing.

"I believe that the actions of the curators and the chancellors set up an environment where I can't be fairly evaluated," Click said.

"So if that's the case, what happens after that?" Werner said.

"Well, I fight for my job. I love my job, I'm good at my job. I made mistakes, I don't think I should be judged entirely on those mistakes, and I'm going to fight for what I think is fair," Click said.

In a statement, the interim chancellor called Click's actions at the homecoming event "appalling." The communications professor is currently suspended, but Steelman insisted she will get a fair hearing, and that the 12 years she has spent teaching at the university will be considered.

Anti Federalist
02-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Yale’s Silliman College

Silly Man College is right...

Anti Federalist
02-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Click said she was trying to protect the protesting students, who she said were under threat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

Bastiat's The Law
02-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Of course CBS would give her a platform.

Danke
02-25-2016, 07:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/univ-missouri-fires-instructor-student-run-ins-201056246.html

Univ. of Missouri fires instructor after student run-ins

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The University of Missouri on Thursday fired an assistant professor who had been suspended after run-ins with student journalists during protests last year, including a videotaped confrontation where she called for "some muscle" to remove a videographer from the Columbia campus.

Melissa Click's actions were "not compatible with university policies and did not meet expectations for a university faculty member," Pam Henrickson, chairwoman of the university system's governing board of curators, said during a conference call with other top administrators. Henrickson said Click's conduct demanded "serious action."

More than 100 state lawmakers had called for the dismissal of the 45-year-old assistant communications professor, who last October also was recorded telling police to get their hands off students during a protest, then hugging the students and cursing at an officer who grabbed her.

Click, who was suspended last month, has said she regretted her actions. A message left Thursday with her St. Louis attorney wasn't returned, and her home telephone has been disconnected.

But in a document released Thursday by curators, Click insisted her actions were to try to keep black protesters "safe from retaliation." She said the widely circulated video clips of her at protests didn't reflect the "tense" atmosphere.

"While some would judge me by a short portion of videotape, I do not think that this is a fair way to evaluate these events," she wrote, adding that those moments "deserve to be understood in a wider frame of reference."

Henrickson said lawmakers' outrage had no bearing on the curators' 4-2 vote to dismiss Click during a closed meeting Wednesday night. Henrickson, who along with fellow curator John Phillips cast a dissenting vote, declined to discuss her rationale, saying that she supports the board's action.

She said Click would receive no parting severance package. Click has until March 4 to appeal the decision.

According to documents released Thursday by the curators, Click was represented by an attorney both times she was questioned by university-hired investigators.

A video clip that went viral showed Click calling for "some muscle" to remove a student videographer during protests on Nov. 9 that were spurred by what activists said was administrators' indifference to racial issues on campus. The Columbia chancellor and system president resigned after the protests escalated, with one student's hunger strike and an announcement by members of the football team that they would refuse to play.

Click later was charged with misdemeanor assault. A Columbia prosecutor ultimately agreed to drop the case if Click completed community service, but the case prompted curators to order an investigation of her by its general counsel.

More recently, police body camera footage was released from the October homecoming parade that shows Click's confrontation with police after demonstrators blocked the vehicle of Tim Wolfe, at the time the university system's president.

The video shows Click telling police to "get your hands off the children" and cursing at an officer who grabbed her shoulder. As Columbia police pushed protesters onto the sidewalk, Click hugged students and spoke with them before stepping between an officer and a student.

Hank Foley, the Columbia campus' interim chancellor, said Thursday that Click's firing was "in the best interest" of the school and a cautionary lesson about behavior that can easily be caught on cellphone video. Earlier this month, he said the homecoming parade footage showed a pattern of misconduct.

Associate law professor Ben Trachtenberg, who heads the campus' Faculty Council, said Click's firing was "a very unfortunate and self-inflicted wound on the university," largely because curators decided Click's fate rather than allowing the school use its normal, on-campus procedures for reacting to faculty misconduct.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-27-2016, 02:08 PM
I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but I am going to post my standard response that I say on some other forums I visit. I run across internet forum posters who constantly want to call the police because--well, you know why.

There is no such thing as "cyberbullying." There used to be this saying that went, "Sticks and stone might break my bones, but words can never hurt me." It means you have no control over a propelled rock breaking your bone. You do have control over how to respond to someone's verbal barrage.

You can--on a practical level--just ignore people on the internet. People like this SEEK your attention and your distress. If you respond with distress, then you have lost their little head game. It's like the people who would prank phone call. If they could not get a rise out of you, then they would quickly move on.

The other option is to play head games with them. Most people who frequently play head games are not very good at it. They are often insecure. Playing your own head games will turn the tables.

People today have thin skin. You can't control what people think of you. There is always someone who is going to have something to say about you. Who gives a f*ck. Be your own person.

Today's society has redefined bullying to ridiculous lengths. Every little thing that everyone says is not bullying. Life is full of obstacles, annoyances, and things you just don't like. Stop using government to intervene in these situations.

Grow some thick skin. Grow a pair. Man up. Use whatever phrase you like. Prepare for life that is not always friendly.

Marenco
03-01-2016, 01:13 AM
I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but I am going to post my standard response that I say on some other forums I visit. I run across internet forum posters who constantly want to call the police because--well, you know why.

There is no such thing as "cyberbullying." There used to be this saying that went, "Sticks and stone might break my bones, but words can never hurt me." It means you have no control over a propelled rock breaking your bone. You do have control over how to respond to someone's verbal barrage.

You can--on a practical level--just ignore people on the internet. People like this SEEK your attention and your distress. If you respond with distress, then you have lost their little head game. It's like the people who would prank phone call. If they could not get a rise out of you, then they would quickly move on.

The other option is to play head games with them. Most people who frequently play head games are not very good at it. They are often insecure. Playing your own head games will turn the tables.

People today have thin skin. You can't control what people think of you. There is always someone who is going to have something to say about you. Who gives a f*ck. Be your own person.

Today's society has redefined bullying to ridiculous lengths. Every little thing that everyone says is not bullying. Life is full of obstacles, annoyances, and things you just don't like. Stop using government to intervene in these situations.

Grow some thick skin. Grow a pair. Man up. Use whatever phrase you like. Prepare for life that is not always friendly.

http://quonation.com/qpics/Hellen_Keller_Life_Adventure_Nothing.jpg

alucard13mm
03-01-2016, 09:58 AM
I know of a good way to deal with bullies online. Every day i get hate and verbal abuse on my youtube channel, which is expected since i get 700k to 1 mill views a month.

Someone says they going to fuck my mom. I tell them i have 2 dads.

Someone says im a ******. I tell then i can massage their prostate really good with my tongue.

The point is i make it so they get confused or go wtf. How can they talk shit to a guy that says shit like this?

Of course when im bored of doing it, i just delete their comments and move on

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-01-2016, 10:53 AM
...i get 700k to 1 mill views a month.

You get that many views per month? Wow. Is it a liberty message? Are you comfortable sharing it here?

Sonny Tufts
03-01-2016, 11:30 AM
" ...if there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively calls for attachment than any other, it is the principle of free thought—not free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate." Oliver Wendell Holmes, dissenting in United States v. Schwimmer, 279 U.S. 644 (1929),

alucard13mm
03-01-2016, 07:19 PM
You get that many views per month? Wow. Is it a liberty message? Are you comfortable sharing it here?

Nah. Its just immature gaming videos lol. But I do get a lot of haters and people who are fanboys of other youtubers coming in to talk shit almost daily lol. usually make fun of me for my voice, virginity, homophobic slurs, etc etc etc. lol.

Most common insults is gay or f-ggot. Followed by cringe/creepy virgin.

Philhelm
03-02-2016, 09:19 AM
I think everyone deserves a safe space.

That's what internment camps are for.

tod evans
03-02-2016, 09:29 AM
That's what internment camps are for.

Praise state.........:rolleyes:

Slave Mentality
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM

You being offended, offends me.

The triggering and microagressions are almost intolerable.

DamianTV
03-05-2016, 08:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qmlWwCnZqY

Anti Federalist
04-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Profile of an Oppressed “BlackLivesMatter” Protester

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/profile-oppressed-blacklivesmatter-protester/

Thomas DiLorenzo

It has now long since been proven that the brouhaha at the University of Missouri last year that caused the university president to resign (with demands that he apologize for being a white man) were based on two 100% bogus “incidents”: A “white redneck in a pickup truck” off campus who supposedly insulted a black student while driving through town, which never happened; and writing a swastika on a bathroom wall in feces, which also never happened. (I suppose we were supposed to believe that there are a lot of black Jews in Missouri who would have been deeply offended by this if it happened, which it did not).

One of the “campus leaders” of this latest in a very long line of lies designed to promote the cultural Marxist agenda on college campuses (i.e., the Duke lacrosse team rape hoax; the UVA fraternity/Rolling Stone magazine rape hoax, etc., etc.) is one Jonathan Butler, who claims to be so very, very oppressed by the White Devils at UM that he went on a hunger strike. Here’s how the March 21 issue of The New American magazine (page 11) describes this victim of white oppression:

“An interesting side note to the story is the background of Butler, who has matriculated at the UM campus for the last seven years, and who comes from a family of great wealth. His father, an executive for Union Pacific Railroad, made $8.4 million in compensation in 2014, and the family’s estimated worth is $20 million, a portfolio that enables young Butler to enjoy a lifestyle well beyond that of most of the white UM students whose privilege he seeks to expose.”

This spoiled little privileged punk is a vile racist. He is also the role model of cultural Marxist university administrators everywhere.