PDA

View Full Version : The "terrorists" can easily spoof cell phone locations.

ChristianAnarchist
11-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Remember the hospital that the US military bombed a while back that was never really explained other than a big "oops"? I'm fairly certain that the "terrorists" are spoofing their cell phone locations because they KNOW that drones are being targeted according to their GPS location information (duh). Why would any "terrorist" who wants to live allow their cell phone to give out his exact location so that he can be droned? For over 7 years now I've used a bluetooh GPS receiver for my cell phone so that when I'm traveling on commercial airliners I can have a moving map display my location on my phone. The phone GPS will not pick up location information while inside of the airplane but you can get a small GPS receiver that will work if you put it near the window of the plane and it can then transmit the GPS coordinates to your cell phone just like your internal receiver. Your phone treats this location information the same as if it got it from the built in receiver. It would be a very simple programming project to make a bluetooth connection to your phone that will allow you to input any given GPS coordinates to your phone, even the location of a Red Cross hospital...

timosman
11-15-2015, 08:01 AM
Remember the hospital that the US military bombed a while back that was never really explained other than a big "oops"? I'm fairly certain that the "terrorists" are spoofing their cell phone locations because they KNOW that drones are being targeted according to their GPS location information (duh). Why would any "terrorist" who wants to live allow their cell phone to give out his exact location so that he can be droned? For over 7 years now I've used a bluetooh GPS receiver for my cell phone so that when I'm traveling on commercial airliners I can have a moving map display my location on my phone. The phone GPS will not pick up location information while inside of the airplane but you can get a small GPS receiver that will work if you put it near the window of the plane and it can then transmit the GPS coordinates to your cell phone just like your internal receiver. Your phone treats this location information the same as if it got it from the built in receiver. It would be a very simple programming project to make a bluetooth connection to your phone that will allow you to input any given GPS coordinates to your phone, even the location of a Red Cross hospital...

Dude, there is already an app for that :rolleyes:

ChristianAnarchist
11-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Dude, there is already an app for that :rolleyes: Just pointing it out... I've been using an app for 7 years that allows me to "spoof" my location using an external GPS for years...

pcosmar
11-15-2015, 10:22 AM
And these native fighters have known of Cell phone targeting since the invasion of Afghanistan.

If they are using one,, it's bait.

Occam's Banana
11-15-2015, 10:25 AM
But ... but ... muh teevee cop-show forensics ...