graph: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/blimp_actual_total.html

and I know why...

TeaParty07.com

///////////////////////////////////////////
26,079 subscribers 12/06/07

Posted: 06 Dec 2007 08:31 AM CST
http://teaparty07.wordpress.com/2007/12/06/26079-subscribers-120607/

26,079 subscribers 12/06/07
Please join us this December 16th 2007 for the largest one-day political donation event in history. Our goal is to bring together 100,000 people to donate $100 each,

creating a one day donation total of $10,000,000.
Please visit TeaParty07.com to learn more..

News

The Ron Paul Blimp is just $75K away from launch! Were at a critical point with the blimp. We need to raise the remaining $75K to get the blimp in the air and over Boston for the TeaParty07.com event. This will be a media spectacle! XMRadio loves the idea and just asked to be on the blimp, and so have many others in the mainstream media. Without your help this will not happen. Even Ron Paul has mentioned the blimp!! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48102 Please visit RonPaulBlimp.com and contribute today!

Looks like he finally broke down and emailed the tea party list.

kylejack
12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
8:31 AM?

Yes, he's been hitting up the Tea Party list about the blimp for several days now.

FreeTraveler
12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
He didn't "break down". He promised never to send an exclusive email about another project. He didn't promise not to include messages about other items of interest in his teaparty mailings.

jamesmadison
12-06-2007, 04:47 PM
This is a stupid and dangerous idea. People are going to become discouraged by the use of marketing within the teaparty theme. What we want is a teaparty that will be successful, not a platform to propagate an agenda of a persona that is to benefit monetarily from.

trueg
12-06-2007, 04:47 PM
8:31 AM?

Yes, he's been hitting up the Tea Party list about the blimp for several days now.

Well my email says I got this at Dec 06, 2007 1:04 PM and if you look at the graph, the donations appear to spike at that point.

Maybe I have slow email. Someone must be clogging my tubes.

kylejack
12-06-2007, 04:50 PM
This is a stupid and dangerous idea. People are going to become discouraged by the use of marketing within the teaparty theme. What we want is a teaparty that will be successful, not a platform to propagate an agenda of a persona that is to benefit monetarily from.

+1, pisses me off too.

orion846
12-06-2007, 04:53 PM
i understand why he did it, i will however never be signing up for something of this guy's again, and i'm very thankful i used an email address that i setup for registrations i suspect could lead to spam later, so i can just delete the address once its compromised

Dave Pedersen
Surely the blimp is an economical use of funds compared to just about any other venture on behalf of the campaign. I'm really excited about it.

If Trevor and some other workers need money to live on while producing so much for the effort its fine by me. They need not apologize for needing to survive. $500 per week can hardly be characterized as profiteering.

They show wisdom to consider themselves as being worthy of such modest compensation.

kylejack
He didn't "break down". He promised never to send an exclusive email about another project. He didn't promise not to include messages about other items of interest in his teaparty mailings.

Which is, incidentally, going to be paying him a salary of $500 a week.

Mental Dribble
12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Which is, incidentally, going to be paying him a salary of $500 a week.

While he devotes his working hours all to the campaign... hmmm sounds responsible to me.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
+2 This is officially a for profit spam email.

+1, pisses me off too.

InRonWeTrust
12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
if he hit up the list, that's fine with me. if the blimp fails, it will be a black eye to the movement.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Thank God he did this.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 05:04 PM
So court systems do not call it "hitting up" they call it illegal spamming. When people signed up for the TeaParty07 they did not sign up to get updated on a for profit company venture.

if he hit up the list, that's fine with me. if the blimp fails, it will be a black eye to the movement.

InRonWeTrust
12-06-2007, 05:06 PM
So court systems do not call it "hitting up" they call it illegal spamming. When people signed up for the TeaParty07 they did not sign up to get updated on a for profit company venture.

[ Admin - remove personal attack ]

alexpasch
Well the blimp will be at the tea party...so there you go...

Trigonx

+1. The email seemed fine to me. and $500/week really is not that much, its modest imo

trueg
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
We are at a turning point in history. If we get 200K by friday, the blimp will fly. This means another success for Ron Paul that will get massive media coverage. In turn this will lead to a more successful teaparty and victory in the early primaries.

Ultimately, I believe that Trevor made the right decision.

shadow26
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
...and we will have LOST our ONE CHANCE to put Dr Paul's name in front of the FIFTY MILLION Americans in the path of the blimp's inaugural flight...even the TEA PARTY can't bring about that kind of publicity...not even close.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not flaming I am stating real concerns that the blimp project should be thinking of. All it takes is one Huckabee fan getting spammed by the Tea Party about something that does not involve the Tea Party and they can legally sue. I am not saying they could win, I am saying there are grounds for a lawsuit and maybe criminal spamming charges.

That could sink the blimp.

Shut your mouth, douchebreath.

eric_cartman
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
i think it's fine to e-mail the tea party list about this. i thought that if they wanted enough money, they would break down and use the list.

the only reason people care is that they used the list for the retarded rudy's reading list thing. that was a total failure in my opinion. it pissed people off, it distracted from the tea party. they got like half a million or something? when ron paul gets 100K every day anyways... the money raised on Nov. 30th would have paid for the blimp.

anyways... good to see that they'll be enough money for the blimp now. i think it's fine to use the tea party e-mail list for this... but it was very bad to use the list for the nov. 30th bomb, which was a bad decision that is coming back to bite us a bit.

LukeNM
12-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Hey, a lot of us supported "V" when we thought it was not such a good idea. Get over it, support the blimp and stop looking for every opportunity to say something negative.

What advertising media can you get BIGGER than a BLIMP FCOL.

Once the blimp launches and the crowds roar you guys are going to feel like idiots I love it!

The blimp is part of the revolution now!

Abobo
12-06-2007, 05:13 PM
What is the problem with including an extra few sentences in the email? I really don't get why some people freak out so much. The teaparty site sends out updates regularly -- it would frankly be stupid to not include important information in it.

If you read the entire email they include a lot of information and news. The blimp is just ONE of many things listed that are connected to teaparty07

cero
12-06-2007, 05:14 PM
exactly the Nov 30 bomb ended up costing the blimp some money...

Trigonx
12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not flaming I am stating real concerns that the blimp project should be thinking of. All it takes is one Huckabee fan getting spammed by the Tea Party about something that does not involve the Tea Party and they can legally sue. I am not saying they could win, I am saying there are grounds for a lawsuit and maybe criminal spamming charges.

That could sink the blimp.

yes because we are all forced to receive emails....oh wait you have to sign-up to get spammed with emails. No one is stopping people from removing themselves from the list, no one is stopping people from ever signing up to the list. If the email only said shit about the blimp then you can complain and what not, but the email only said shit about the blimp on the bottom of the email as a little note.

Chibioz
12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't see a problem with Trevor emailing about the blimp, the more grassroots that are informed about our projects the better. People can decide for themselves where to best allocate their resources.

Abobo
12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
This wasn't just about the blimp. Here is the FULL email...

News

* The Ron Paul Blimp is just $75K away from launch! We’re at a critical point with the blimp. We need to raise the remaining $75K to get the blimp in the air and over Boston for the TeaParty07.com event. This will be a media spectacle! XMRadio loves the idea and just asked to be on the blimp, and so have many others in the mainstream media. Without your help this will not happen. Even Ron Paul has mentioned the blimp!! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48102 Please visit RonPaulBlimp.com and contribute today!

* Rand Paul will be speaking at the Boston Tea Party/Freedom Rally at Fanueil Hall in Boston this December 16th. Click here to learn more >>

Promotion Ideas

* Add TeaParty07.com to your email signature!

* Are you on Reddit? Please bump this story up! Reddit has also been a great source of traffic.

* - please add this profile as a friend and place it in top friends list. My space works!! ThisNovember5th.com received 1/3rd of it’s total traffic from people who spread the word on myspace.

* Contact your favorite media (online, offline, radio, blog, website, newspaper, etc.) and tell them about the event. Call in live to a radio station or send an email to other media types.

* Bookmark toolbar *NEW* - On the front page of the site, just under the RonPaul2008.com link, you’ll find a “bookmark toolbar”. Click here to add TeaParty07.com to all kinds of social media networks.

* StumbleUpon - please stumble the site! To stumble: download toolbar, then visit TeaParty07.com and click the thumbs up icon. (This is already bringing us traffic!)

* - Click this link and enjoy the TeaParty07.com videos.

Donation Day Details

* All donations are to be made at RonPaul2008.com without exception!

* You may make a payment over the phone by calling the campaign at 703-248-9115 (also see http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/) or at 877-RON-PAUL. Checks are welcome but will NOT be counted towards the December 16th donation day totals.

Other events/ sites..

Ron Paul Christmas Cards! What a great way to spread the word..

* - if you haven’t joined yet please do. Many great ideas have come from these forums (including ThisNovember5th.com and TeaParty07.com, be a part of the grassroots revolution!)

* Ron Paul featured in Republic Magazine get your free PDF at http://RepublicMagazines.com Republic magazine offers us a unique way to put the freedom message into PRINT. We must take back the media!

* Other great links.. RonPaulForPresident2008.com, LewRockwell.com, DailyPaul.com. (more to come..)

Sincerely,

Trevor Lyman

RP4Pres2008
12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I set aside my disgust for what this has turned into for the rEOVLution. I am more worried about what happens to the campaign and Dr. Paul.

I suggest everyone does the same.

cero
man this is getting tiresome if people sign up on the email list, its because they don't mind getting the emails, IF YOU signed up and DON'T like getting the emails, simply unsubscribe no one stopping you, but for FFS stop complaining. I swear I think some of you are the paid bloggers working for the huckleberry, PEOPLE don't give a damn about getting emails anymore, they have moved on I suggest you do the same and strop trying to stir shit up again!

RockHoward
eric, you are wrong on this one.

Before Nov. 30 the media was still rightfully skeptical that Ron Paul was going to reach his $12M Q4 goal. After Nov. 30th, there was no longer any doubt. It was that rush of donations, together with the great turnout of supporters at the Republican debate, that has kept Ron Paul in the mix despite the media enduced Huckabee surge.

The blimp has the potential to keep Ron in the news despite the current slow down in donations prior to the 16th. Those news reports will likely amplify the effect of the Dec. 16th Tea Party.

Finally, the for-profit nature of this venture is a useful story line if somebody in the press gets ahold of it. To think that people outside the campaign staff can actually make money while supporting Ron Paul. That has got to be a truly beautiful thing to freedom lovers everywhere (excepting, perhaps, those who are jealous of other people's success. Fortunately most of those folks end up on the socilaist playing ground.)

tamor
12-06-2007, 05:26 PM
It is one thing to say we want a blimp. It is all together a different story to make it a reality. Thanks Trevor for helping make it happen.

Trigonx
12-06-2007, 05:27 PM
It is one thing to say we want a blimp. It is all together a different story to make it a reality. Thanks Trevor for helping make it happen.

I agree, thanks Trevor, everyone else working on the blimp, and EVERYONE who donated(they are the real stars :) ).

koob
12-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I think that this may discourage people from subscribing I think that people will still donate. They still want to help Dr Paul. I think people will be pissed at the people behind the idea, but no one can deny that the tea party is a good idea.

AisA1787
12-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree with Abobo.

Regarding the fear that money for these other events will take away money from the Tea Party, I just don't get it. If the 30th took away ~$400,000 and the blimp takes away ~$350,000, what's the big deal? Even assuming that the people donating to these things will donate less to the Tea Party, which I'm sure isn't true across the board, you're looking at less than a $1 million loss to the Tea Party. So perhaps a 10% loss if things go well? That shouldn't affect media coverage of the Tea Party significantly. I think the extra early advertising in key primary states afforded by the 30th and the (totally awesome) blimp are more than worth it.

Original_Intent
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM

Actually his promise:
(bolding by me)

I've thought about this a lot and in the end I have to agree there was a better way I could have informed everyone of the http://www.RudysReadingList.com event.

Rather than send a dedicated email about the other fund raising drive I could have offered a prominent link, just like I do for other events. I promise I'll only offer links to pages that contain information/letters from now on. That way if you don't want to hear about it its not in your face and the emails I send will always have relevant information for the drive you signed up for.
I hope that helps people feel more comfortable about being on the list and can end the email controversy that was going on here. I certainly didn't mean to make anyone angry, but to be fair I must consider the views of those who were offended regarding this issue.

Take it for what you will - I still have a ton of respect for Trevor and think the blimp is a great way for people to donate who have laready maxxed to the campaign. My personal feeling is that any money it is pulling away from the campaign in general and the TeaParty in particular is a negative.

In as much as Trevor obviously has other projects on his plate right now, it would be nice to have someone dedicated to the Tea Party in charge of it.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
graph: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/blimp_actual_total.html

and I know why...

Looks like he finally broke down and emailed the tea party list.

Disgusting, disgraceful, highly unethical, and possibly illegal.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 05:48 PM

The amount of money Trevor will make from this endeavor will be pitiful.

I'm way younger than Trevor and I make MUCH MORE than $500 a week.

Hell I just donated $500 to the blimp.

Also, the blimp will be at the tea party, so it is related to the tea party fund drive.

If you don't [Admin - remove attack ] then I will not donate anything to the tea party (I have 1k earmarked for that one) and just give that money to the blimp.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
What advertising media can you get BIGGER than a BLIMP FCOL.

I'm warming to the blimp now that they have a stated full-refund policy on the blimp site.

I am curious why you think a blimp is so magical? If it were, wouldn't Goodyear would be the only tire company left in America now? Goodyear has some really good tires but when I buy their tires, no thought of their lovely blimp ever goes through my head. Just how tough and long-lasting those tires are for me and how dissatisfied I've been with cheaper brands.

Maybe I discount too much this notion that the blimp could become an emblem of the campaign though. That kind of thing is difficult to quantify and anticipate. I like to see a blimp flying but it doesn't make me suddenly decide to spend money on things. But maybe other people are more easily swayed by blimps than I am.

paulie
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
People are acting like he is spraypainting a blimp on the side of their house. Its a blurb in an e-mail. It does not cost you anything, you don't need to read it, you don't even need to see it just auto-forward them all to your trash can. I get 100+ junk e-mails a day, and if I could donate every penny I win in the UK lottery or all those inheritances from my long lost African relatives I would...but stop overreacting. Stop being so dramatic. Its a paragraph in an e-mail that was already being sent for supporting RP. Get over it, and stop acting like tea party donors are so fragile that any distraction or minor inconvenience like reading about something other than the tea party will completely turn them off to RP...I highly doubt that is the case.

Voluntaryist
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Fletcher...

...If you don't shut the fuck up, then I will not donate anything to the tea party (I have 1k earmarked for that one) and just give that money to the blimp.

PWN!

Abobo
12-06-2007, 05:55 PM

See my other post, he included a lot of information and tips in the email. Just one tiny part of the email talked about the blimp! It's going to be part of Dec16th, so why shouldn't it be mentioned? I've seen your other posts, you're not getting upset because of the email -- what you're upset about is this entire project. You're just looking for something to complain about.

troyd1
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Whatever it takes to make the blimp fly. The blimp will win the primaries for Ron Paul because it will get people to actually look at his message. Once a Ron Paul supporter, always a Ron Paul supporter.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Also, the blimp will be at the tea party, so it is related to the tea party fund drive.

If you don't shut the ____ up, then I will not donate anything to the tea party (I have 1k earmarked for that one) and just give that money to the blimp.

So contrary to the blimp project policy, you have not maxxed-out to the campaign and are funding the blimp instead. Now you're threatening to withhold funds from the campaign to help fly the blimp which is only an ad to raise support for the campaign, starting with raising money on Teaparty day.

How does punishing the campaign by withholding money from them just to punish some other forum person make any sense at all?

It's difficult to avoid concluding that the blimp is less than halfway to being paid for and it is already cannibalizing the Teaparty. Your own post proves it.

steph3n
12-06-2007, 06:02 PM
So contrary to the blimp project policy, you have not maxxed-out to the campaign and are funding the blimp instead. Now you're threatening to withhold funds from the campaign to help fly the blimp which is only an ad to raise support for the campaign, starting with raising money on Teaparty day.

How does punishing the campaign by withholding money from them just to punish some other forum person make any sense at all?

It's difficult to avoid concluding that the blimp is less than halfway to being paid for and it is already cannibalizing the Teaparty. Your own post proves it.

Not cannibalizing from me I am holding out on my last $150 to the HQ for the 16th :D

TooConservative
The blimp will win the primaries for Ron Paul because it will get people to actually look at his message.

You can't possibly be serious. A blimp that can win the GOP presidential nomination all by itself?

Man, that is one truly magical blimp.

alexpasch
See my other post, he included a lot of information and tips in the email. Just one tiny part of the email talked about the blimp! It's going to be part of Dec16th, so why shouldn't it be mentioned? I've seen your other posts, you're not getting upset because of the email -- what you're upset about is this entire project. You're just looking for something to complain about.

Exactly...if you think the blimp is a bad idea but a Ron Paul supporter, then why go badmouth it? There are ideas on these forums I don't like, but I don't go badmouthing them. Let people do what they want if they think it will help Ron Paul. Much better to be PRO something than ANTI something.

Anyone who's been in this sub-forum knows I had some very serious concerns with this at the beginning (related to the LLC), and pretty much every single one of those has been resolved thanks to Trevor, Elijah, et al giving in to our demands.

Lastly, as someone who makes their living analyzing potential investments in companies, I can assure you that "Liberty Political Advertising" would be far, far down on my list.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Not cannibalizing from me I am holding out on my last $150 to the HQ for the 16th :D

No, Steph, I didn't mean you. That's legit enough; you just want to be part of the Teaparty excitement. But what you're saying is very different than the post I replied to earlier.

millerjd
12-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I like how people were complaining about this being a non-grassroots setup until the people begged for concessions and now they wont see a dime until the blimp is paid off. Yet, that same force, thinks it's wrong that the owner of the email database can't use it again to promote the same message when they wont see a penny until after the blimp sponsorship is filled.

The grassroots effort is to get people to sponsor this way of funding our project. Since none of us have $350k in our pocket, the company is our legal way to grassroots raise the money in small amounts towards a specific project. There has to be overhead for this inefficiency of getting the money to the blimp with lots of small amount versus one large pocket.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Fletcher, no disrespect, but you need to shut the fuck up. The amount of money Trevor will make from this endeavor will be pitiful.

I'm way younger than Trevor and I make MUCH MORE than $500 a week.

If you don't shut the fuck up, then I will not donate anything to the tea party (I have 1k earmarked for that one) and just give that money to the blimp.

Let it out It truly is absolutely disgusting, disgraceful, and unethical that someone would use a grassroots email list to promote their unrelated, private, for-profit business, and it angers you inside that it is happening. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor starting pimping Viagra to the email list.

I don't blame you for not wanting to donate on the 16th. I'm almost there myself.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 06:06 PM

I have given $1300 to Ron Paul already. My $1k on Dec 16th will max me out. The $500 I can give now to the blimp knowing I will be maxed out later.

Ergo, no cannibalization.

And btw, I think the blimp is a great marketing ploy.

millerjd
12-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I have given $1300 to Ron Paul already. My $1k on Dec 16th will max me out. The $500 I can give now to the blimp knowing I will be maxed out later.

I envy your donation/sponsorship abilities. I am not worthy.

MrCoffee
12-06-2007, 06:08 PM
You know, I wonder if they made the company for profit because it would have been a big hassle/lag time to create a non-profit organization.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Anyone who's been in this sub-forum knows I had some very serious concerns with this at the beginning (related to the LLC), and pretty much every single one of those has been resolved thanks to Trevor, Elijah, et al giving in to our demands.

I was a skeptic for a while when the project changed its policies so much but they really have cleared up a lot of the tough questions people had about the project. I think people need to go read their site again. Some people don't realize they really have provided some pretty good answers to the questions raised by the blimp-skeptics.

Now I'm leaning toward buying a little ad space.

I will point out that the skeptics have done their job though. When you organize something this large, you do have to be responsible and open about what you are doing with those you ask to support the project.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Let it out It truly is absolutely disgusting, disgraceful, and unethical that someone would use a grassroots email list to promote their unrelated, private, for-profit business, and it angers you inside that it is happening. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor starting pimping Viagra to the email list.

I don't blame you for not wanting to donate on the 16th. I'm almost there myself.

It is not unrelated - Blimp will be at tea party

What you fail to realize is that PACs pay their employees salaries, in fact if you look up the statistics you'll see that $500/week is FAR BELOW the average salary (which if memory serves) is about 1k/week.

LLC is for legal reasons so that people can contribute without it counting towards 2.3k max.

Trevor is not going to make money doing this.

You are either a delusional conspiracy nut who sees conspiracies everywhere or a wonkette troll...whichever it is I feel truly sorry for you.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 06:10 PM

I didn't make any comments on the blimp until the profits became known, so your assertion is a lie. There is no need to look for something to complain about when you are getting hit in the face with it every day. The grassroots email lists are not his to do as he wishes.

Horea72x
12-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Everyone just chill. in the big picture, we are all fighting to get Ron Paul to the White House. we may all have different ideas but there is no point in arguing which will be more effective. Trevor Lyman is spending a lot of his time for the big goal of getting Ron Paul elected. $500 per week is nothing, I was surprised he didn't ask for me. He just moved out of his state so he can help with the election, he needs some money to live off. Come on guys, instead of attacking each other, lets just please show everyone that people truly can come together and bring a "longshot" into the white house.

Horea72x
12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
The "for profit" is only there because of the whole finance bs rules we have. Trevor is not here to make money from donations. He is here to help us all. We should be helping him by pushing that last 45,000 and getting this blimp. I truly believe in this.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I didn't make any comments on the blimp until the profits became known, so your assertion is a lie. There is no need to look for something to complain about when you are getting hit in the face with it every day. The grassroots email lists are not his to do as he wishes.

Trevor Lyman is well within his legal rights to email those that signed up for his email list with just about anything (exceptions are obscenities, etc), as long as he allows them to unsubscribe, which he does.

And btw, the blimp was a side note in the email.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 06:15 PM

But only a few posts back you wrote:

If you don't shut the ___ up, then I will not donate anything to the tea party (I have 1k earmarked for that one) and just give that money to the blimp.

You were threatening to cannibalize the Teaparty for the blimp promotion if words still retain anything resembling their original meaning.

I'll assume you just had a heated moment. I don't think the blimp project has ever appealed for funds except to the maxxed-out donors or those who will be maxxed-out on Teaparty. At least, that's how I've understood their appeal.

The blimp should not compete with the campaign. If we as a grassroots are getting tapped out, the campaign must be the priority. Because if Ron Paul can't use the money effectively, he can't win anyway. And Ron Paul has run some amazingly good campaigns against tremendous opposition and funding from both parties.

Let's not underestimate our mild-mannered doctor. Go back and read that interview with Shane Sklar (RP's 2006 Democrat victim) when he says so ruefully that no one should ever underestimate Ron Paul as a campaigner. LOL.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 06:16 PM
It is not unrelated - Blimp will be at tea party
What you fail to realize is that PACs pay their employees salaries, in fact if you look up the statistics you'll see that $500/week is FAR BELOW the average salary (which if memory serves) is about 1k/week.
LLC is for legal reasons so that people can contribute without it counting towards 2.3k max.
Trevor is not going to make money doing this.
You are either a delusional conspiracy nut who sees conspiracies everywhere or a wonkette troll...whichever it is I feel truly sorry for you.

The teaparty event in Boston has nothing at all to do with the teaparty07.com email list. That sites purposes is to get people to donate to Ron Paul on December 16th. The possibility that the blimp will be in Boston on December 16th is completely irrelevant. And I have no idea what you think could ever be considered a conspiracy. Maybe you are just repeating things you have heard others say without even knowing what the word means?

LOL @ week old newbie calling me a wonkette troll.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Trevor Lyman is well within his legal rights to email those that signed up for his email list with just about anything (exceptions are obscenities, etc), as long as he allows them to unsubscribe, which he does.

And btw, the blimp was a side note in the email.

It is unethical and disgusting, and possibly violates Google's TOS. So how much are you getting paid to pimp the blimp? You seem to be one of those people that joined only to promote the blimp.

TooConservative
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor starting pimping Viagra to the email list.

You think Trevor could get us a discount on Viagra? :cool:

You know, the campaign does have a doctor on staff who can write script. :D

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM

You honestly think they are going to make money?

A company whose sole purpose is to act as a middle man between a blimp advertising company and Ron Paul supporters is going to make money? They have their costs online for crying out loud. They even have a youtube video of their bank statements.

The ONLY way this thing would make money is via downright fraud. I really, really don't think there is downright fraud going on. In fact, if someone other than Trevor and Elijah were doing this then I would probably have a bigger suspicion that that were the case.

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Then file charges. Participate in the collectivist state. Join the pirates.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958

A mailing list is the most important thing you can be focusing on right now? Watch the video. It will blow you mind.

cien750hp
12-06-2007, 06:25 PM
It is unethical and disgusting, and possibly violates Google's TOS. So how much are you getting paid to pimp the blimp? You seem to be one of those people that joined only to promote the blimp.

did people not submit their email addresses to trevor? this is another of trevors projects, i don't see any issue at all. they directly relate too, they go hand in hand.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
He is already in the middle of deals with XM (while the 'grassroot' blimp site was down)

You honestly think they are going to make money?

A company whose sole purpose is to act as a middle man between a blimp advertising company and Ron Paul supporters is going to make money? They have their costs online for crying out loud. They even have a youtube video of their bank statements.

The ONLY way this thing would make money is via downright fraud. I really, really don't think there is downright fraud going on. In fact, if someone other than Trevor and Elijah were doing this then I would probably have a bigger suspicion that that were the case.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
No they submitted their emails for the Nov 5th, RudysReadin, and TeaParty07, not for profit sites, not the blimp for profit site.

did people not submit their email addresses to trevor? this is another of trevors projects, i don't see any issue at all. they directly relate too, they go hand in hand.

trueg
12-06-2007, 06:29 PM
To all the haters... Trevor and Elijah have done everything they can to make this whole process as transparent as possible. They posted all of their finances online. They made videos explaining everything. They conceded to all the trolls in this forums and slashed salaries. They didn't have to do any of this. They only did because they want Ron Paul to succeed and the blimp to fly. I don't know of anyone else who has done more to promote Ron Paul than those two. We should all be thanking them for their hard work.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 06:30 PM

Yes I joined to promote the blimp, because I thought it was a fucking great idea.

See, I remember a few years back sitting in marketing class (I majored in finance and real estate but it was a requirement) and the professor asked what the most effective advertising medium was (I forget what the definition for "effective" was but w/e); and after people saying "TV", "radio", etc he said "Blimps and airplanes". Then someone asked why they aren't used more often (and he had an answer which for brevity I'll exclude from here, combination of a few factors).

I am not getting paid by the LLC to "pimp the blimp" (and your suggestion of that only makes stronger my opinion of you as seeing conspiracies everywhere). I laugh at the thought that with their meager funds they could even afford my services (because Lord knows I'm not working for $500/week).

See, this marketing class took place at Wharton; it's this little known business school that despite it's lack of name recognition (sarcasm) manages to educate the likes of Warren Buffet and Donald Trump and consistently be ranked number 1. (I came across Ron Paul thanks to his views on the economy)

Don't believe me, feel free to PM me at alejandro.paschalides@alumni.upenn.edu...I'll be sure to reply with a "Donate to the blimp you stupid conspiracy theorist"

Bryan
12-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Personal attacks on forum members are not allowed. Please keep it civil.

Thanks.

Chibioz
12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
To all the haters... Trevor and Elijah have done everything they can to make this whole process as transparent as possible. They posted all of their finances online. They made videos explaining everything. They conceded to all the trolls in this forums and slashed salaries. They didn't have to do any of this. They only did because they want Ron Paul to succeed and the blimp to fly. I don't know of anyone else who has done more to promote Ron Paul than those two. We should all be thanking them for their hard work.

I agree. Well said. My initial hesitations about this project were cleared up days ago. This project is so transparent that I don't see what everyone is getting all whipped up about. I thank Trevor and Elijah for their hard work.

split_lipz
12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Just donated $25. We're very close.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes I joined to promote the blimp, because I thought it was a fucking great idea.

I am not getting paid by the LLC to "pimp the blimp" (and your suggestion of that only makes stronger my opinion of you as seeing conspiracies everywhere). I laugh at the thought that with their meager funds they could even afford my services (because Lord knows I'm not working for $500/week).

LOL. Ok, so what conspiracy theories do you think I believe? I asked if you were paid to pimp the blimp. That's not a conspiracy theory, it is a real question. It turns out you pimp it for free. What other conspiracy theories were there? Believing that using a grassroots email address for your personal business is unethical is a conspiracy theory to you? I guess at Wheaton they never taught you what conspiracy theory actually means.

1000-points-of-fright
12-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I hate being a Ron Paul supporter. We're a bunch of whiny bitches. There I said it.

InRonWeTrust
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Just ignore the haters.

End of story.

LeonardK
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Another point in agreement with putting the blimp message in the tea party email. It's real news of interest to most subscribers.

I suppose it's a point of view issue, but from what I see, $500/week is a pitiful stipend for the full-time effort that the guys will be putting in ,and I hardly call that 'for-profit'. Go blimp guys. Just fly it to Michigan when you're done!

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I thought this blimp benefited all of us? Does it not? The only people it doesn't benefit from are the people in power and the dead-enders that support them. How many dead-enders are on this forum trying to derail the project?
It benefits everyone but them... remember that when they post hate,fear, and doubt.... It isn't because they are really "concerned citizens"

There is an easy way to elimate trolls. Your personal "ban" button is an ignore feature on this forum. If you need help using it. PM me.

NerveShocker
12-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I hate being a Ron Paul supporter. We're a bunch of whiny bitches. There I said it.

Excuse me? You can speak for yourself but not all Ron Paul supporters. I am not a "whiny bitch" as you put it. You should really consider what you type before you send it. Just because people have disagreements and some don't know how to settle it respectfully doesn't mean all Ron Paul supporters are "whiny bitches". I really wonder what kind of Ron Paul supporter would say that kind of thing about so many people. I agree that some people seem to just want to cause trouble, but I also know not everyone who has an account here is here for honest reasons. It's best to deal with people like that by ignoring them, but generalizing all Ron Paul supporters in such an ugly way as you did is unacceptable.

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Those aren't ron paul supporters. We didn't get any whiny bitches here until after the Nov5th explosion... then trolls moved in by the dozens. Just ask yourself when you read a post... what are they trying to sell?

Voluntaryist
12-06-2007, 06:46 PM

Quit repeating yourself. Youve said this 5 times in one thread already. Besides, alex PWNED you pages ago.

trueg
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
why has this been move to YET ANOTHER SUBFORUM?? This is actually a postive thread about the blimp.

slantedview
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Quit repeating yourself. Youve said this 5 times in one thread already. Besides, alex PWNED you pages ago.
x2

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I hope I am not on your ignore list because I disagree with the handling of the blimp.

Those aren't ron paul supporters. We didn't get any whiny bitches here until after the Nov5th explosion... then trolls moved in by the dozens. Just ask yourself when you read a post... what are they trying to sell?

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 06:53 PM
LOL. Ok, so what conspiracy theories do you think I believe? I asked if you were paid to pimp the blimp. That's not a conspiracy theory, it is a real question. It turns out you pimp it for free. What other conspiracy theories were there? Believing that using a grassroots email address for your personal business is unethical is a conspiracy theory to you? I guess at Wheaton they never taught you what conspiracy theory actually means.

You think Trevor and Elijah are out to screw Ron Paul supporters and make money off the blimp; that's the conspiracy theory you believe in.

I also believe you believe in the conspiracy theory that Wheaton college is even in the same league as Wharton. Wharton is the business school of the University of Pennsylvania.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/topprogs_brief.php

"us news and world report business rankings undergraduate" search that on Google; first link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharton_School_of_the_University_of_Pennsylvania

I can personally guarantee you that this LLC will not make any money.

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I hope I am not on your ignore list because I disagree with the handling of the blimp.

No- because you are not a troll, you had a concern. it was addressed, and you moved on. Other people are very obvious. Just ask yourself what they are selling?
and take the time to watch this seminar... it blew my mind and gave me a clear understanding of what needs to be done to win this election:

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Bookmarked its long :D

No- because you are not a troll, you had a concern. it was addressed, and you moved on. Other people are very obvious. Just ask yourself what they are selling?
and take the time to watch this seminar... it blew my mind and gave me a clear understanding of what needs to be done to win this election:

fletcher
12-06-2007, 07:02 PM

That is all it takes to 'PWN' someone nowadays? Shut the fuck up or I won't donate to Ron Paul! LOL. You have quite low standards. If I tell you to shut the fuck up or I won't donate to Ron will I have PWNED you?

fletcher
12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
You think Trevor and Elijah are out to screw Ron Paul supporters and make money off the blimp; that's the conspiracy theory you believe in.

Did I say that? No. Maybe your delusions are creating conspiracies in your head.

I can personally guarantee you that this LLC will not make any money.

Do you work for the company? How do you personally guarantee it? Why does the transparency page say otherwise?

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM
That is all it takes to 'PWN' someone nowadays? Shut the fuck up or I won't donate to Ron Paul! LOL. You have quite low standards. If I tell you to shut the fuck up or I won't donate to Ron will I have PWNED you?

I never said I wouldn't donate. I just would donate in a way that would tick you off. :D

People are missing the bigger picture...the blimp will make the tea party bigger. (eg. news story when blimp takes off - the Ron Paul blimp is on its way to Boston for a tea party...etc)

Even if the blimp brought in ZERO new voters, at this point all that is needed is like 100 or 200k to pay for essentially everything. The media will round that amount out anyway (dec 16th news story - Ron Paul raised x million today blah blah blah)

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Bookmarked its long :D

Yeh, watch it at a time when you can truly sit down and watch the whole thing. It should be required viewing for everyone in the revolution. It truly opened my eyes.. and has been a great recruiting tool. Every person who has seen it has converted to the freedom philosophy.

rory096
12-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Against Google's TOS? How so? What does sending emails even have to do with Google?

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Did I say that? No. Maybe your delusions are creating conspiracies in your head.

Do you work for the company? How do you personally guarantee it? Why does the transparency page say otherwise?

1. You have repeatedly insinuated that (if not outright stated it, but I can't be bothered to look through your posts). No one has come to your defense saying that I'm misunderstanding you.

2.Look buddy, I don't know how to spell it out more clearly. I DON'T work for the company. I work for a private equity firm. My job literally consists of buying companies (think Richard Gere in Pretty Woman). I know a profitable opportunity when I see one; this LLC is not one. PLUS they have an audit committee:

"Audit Committee

We invite grassroots supporters of Ron Paul who wish to assure the financial integrity of the Ron Paul Blimp project to form into committees. We will give the committee with the largest number of CPA's unlimited access to all our records."
-ronpaulblimp.com

enjerth
12-06-2007, 07:16 PM

Dude, he said [Admin - remove attack].

So can't you just [Admin - remove attack] already?

fletcher
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
1. You have repeatedly insinuated that (if not outright stated it, but I can't be bothered to look through your posts). No one has come to your defense saying that I'm misunderstanding you.

1. You can't be bothered to back up your claims, and no one has said you are wrong besides me, so it must be true! You can't make this stuff up! Too funny.:p

2.Look buddy, I don't know how to spell it out more clearly. I DON'T work for the company. I work for a private equity firm. My job literally consists of buying companies (think Richard Gere in Pretty Woman). I know a profitable opportunity when I see one; this LLC is not one. PLUS they have an audit committee:

So you can't guarantee anything. Just what I thought. I just had to ask you again if you worked there because you are acting like you do. Why would you say you guarantee something when you don't work there, even when the people that work there say otherwise? BTW, I don't care where you went to school or where you work. You seem to think highly of it, but I don't give a shit. It doesn't impress me.

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 07:35 PM
1. You can't be bothered to back up your claims, and no one has said you are wrong besides me, so it must be true! You can't make this stuff up! Too funny.:p

So you can't guarantee anything. Just what I thought. I just had to ask you again if you worked there because you are acting like you do. Why would you say you guarantee something when you don't work there, even when the people that work there say otherwise? BTW, I don't care where you went to school or where you work. You seem to think highly of it, but I don't give a shit. It doesn't impress me.

Your posts have said you are disgusted by the "for profit" nature of this firm. You don't just think the blimp is a bad idea, your main issue is the LLC nature of the project.

I know it doesn't impress you, but when all is said and done, I can afford to give Ron Paul $3k and you can't. I'm not impressed by you either, speaking out against those actually willing to give both time and money to Ron Paul's campaign (don't bite the hand that feeds you, I could just as easily not give Ron Paul any money or get others to give him money...I know how to profit from an economic collapse...do you?). You're NEGATIVE time in that you're a troll and you probably can't afford to give more than $10 anyway...go away please.

I'm getting tired of PWNING you, so you should want to go away.

fletcher
12-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Your posts have said you are disgusted by the "for profit" nature of this firm. You don't just think the blimp is a bad idea, your main issue is the LLC nature of the project.

*sigh* You still don't get it at all. Do you have reading comprehension problems?

I know it doesn't impress you, but when all is said and done, I can afford to give Ron Paul $3k and you can't. I'm not impressed by you either, speaking out against those actually willing to give both time and money to Ron Paul's campaign (don't bite the hand that feeds you, I could just as easily not give Ron Paul any money or get others to give him money...I know how to profit from an economic collapse...do you?). You're NEGATIVE time in that you're a troll and you probably can't afford to give more than $10 anyway...go away please.

Internet big man talk again. You seem to be uncomfortable with your intelligence and try to make up for it by talking about money, your school, and your Richard Gere job. LOL. Too bad that school didn't seem to help you out in the intelligence department. You haven't made a single argument this whole thread. In addition, you have no idea how much money I have contributed, but you act like you do. And you think you are a better person because you think you have given more than me. More insecurities I guess. It really is pathetic. I feel kinda sad for you.

MozoVote
12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
"Sanctity of the Tea Party List Violated by Mention of Anything Other than Tea Party"

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/style_emoticons/default/dead-horse-fast2.gif

Seanmc30
12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
They need to be spiking.....and fast!! Some idiot blogger has already written an insulting article trying to project failure.

At this point with the amount of passion RP fans have voiced, some people are getting it and many in the media are annoyed. This is exactly what they want to give them a reason to start bashing him relentlessly.

Weather you agree with the idea or not, please don't let this campaign take a negative hit because of a damn blimp.

1000-points-of-fright
12-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Excuse me? You can speak for yourself but not all Ron Paul supporters. I am not a "whiny bitch" as you put it. You should really consider what you type before you send it. Just because people have disagreements and some don't know how to settle it respectfully doesn't mean all Ron Paul supporters are "whiny bitches". I really wonder what kind of Ron Paul supporter would say that kind of thing about so many people. I agree that some people seem to just want to cause trouble, but I also know not everyone who has an account here is here for honest reasons. It's best to deal with people like that by ignoring them, but generalizing all Ron Paul supporters in such an ugly way as you did is unacceptable.

I hate being a Ron Paul supporter. We're so sensitive. There I said it.

slantedview
12-06-2007, 08:55 PM

you have way too much time on your hands.