PDA

View Full Version : Tonight! Raleigh NC straw poll.

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 04:36 PM
The Big Easy at 222 Fayetteville Street, from 6:45 - 7:45 p.m.

I'm going to go dressed in a shirt and tie.
ready to vote for Dr. Paul.

Results:

Ron Paul: 53 percent!!!!
Giuliani: 20 %
Huckabee 13 %
undecided 13 %

We completely owned the place. You could tell most everybody there was for Paul.

It was very laid back... the traditional republicans weren't trying to get at us, and the ron paul people were very relaxed. It was a good time. And I feel I helped convinced one young guy to vote for Dr. Paul instead of McCain.

Don't take too much from what happened in San Fran.
If you go to a straw poll go with positive energy and try to engage people. Don't be arrogant or too loud.

This is important.

One guy there was a little bitter saying, "you know, we have other meetings and it's not just about Ron Paul." He felt that a lot of RP people weren't respectful to the Republicans, and I told him, "That's too bad because this is all about respect. But with all due respect I think people are hungry for change and leadership and we're all very excited."

sirachman
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
bump

sluggo
12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Man, I wish I had known earlier. I definitely would have made the drive up there.

Cindy
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM

read to vote for Dr. Paul.

Thank you. I think looking the part of an REC goer will go a long way with them. Paul still gets your vote though!!

rollingpig
12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
hope they dont cancel this one

IHaveaDream
12-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Be sure and carry a camcorder. We'll want to see the Youtube of it being cancelled due to all the RP supporters. :D

RP4Pres2008
12-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Bring a video camera.

Recent events have proven you NEVER know what could happen at these things. :eek:

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't have one at the moment.

But I'm taking my digital camera.
and I have some friends going who might have one :p

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Thank you. I think looking the part of an REC goer will go a long way with them. Paul still gets your vote though!!

of course :D

RP4Pres2008
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't have one at the moment.

But I'm taking my digital camera.
and I have some friends going who might have one :p

Awesome, can't wait to see the pictures and the report!

Make sure to post when you return :D:cool:

bolidew
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Good luck ....

Spirit of '76
12-06-2007, 07:48 PM

ready to vote for Dr. Paul.

Good man. We're pulling for ya.

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Results:

Huckabee 13 %
undecided 13 %

We completely owned the place. You could tell most everybody there was for Paul.

It was very laid back... the traditional republicans weren't trying to get at us, and the ron paul people were very relaxed. It was a good time. And I feel I helped convinced one young guy to vote for Dr. Paul instead of McCain.

If you go to a straw poll go with positive energy and try to engage people. Don't be arrogant or too loud.

This is important.

One guy there was a little bitter saying, "you know, we have other meetings and it's not just about Ron Paul." He felt that a lot of RP people weren't respectful to the Republicans, and I told him, "That's too bad because this is all about respect. But with all due respect I think people are hungry for change and leadership and we're all very excited."

sluggo
12-06-2007, 08:15 PM
That's great! Now we need some delegates........

Spirit of '76
12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Results:

Huckabee 13 %

Awesome!

This is important.

Good advice.

He's got something of a point. If we want to make a difference, we've got to get involved. If we want change in the GOP, we've got to do it from the ground up.

steph3n
12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Results:

Huckabee 13 %

This is important.

what he said is somewhat true, get in to some of those other meetings and show them you are for REAL!

DRV45N05
12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I was there. A great event.

RP4Pres2008
12-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Results:

Huckabee 13 %

This is important.

I was there. A great event.

Awesome!

We are just taking over straw polls every where!

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 08:26 PM
exactly.

we need them.

RonPaulFTFW
12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
DRV45N05 - what was your name?

I had kind of longer hair, white button up shirt and a green jacket?

Mark
12-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Dear Triangle Ron Paul supporters,

We won!

55 votes
Paul 53%, 29 votes
Giuliani 20%, 11 votes
Huckabee 13%, 7 votes

Congressman Lawson was in attendance for this successful event, and a good time was had by all.

Many, many thanks to everyone who came out tonight. Many bonds were made with the YR, and this may be the beginning of a very positive relationship that may last for a long time. Everyone please come out to the YR meeting on Jan. 14, if at all possible. They need golfers, bowlers, and softball players. They pride themselves in beating the Young Democrats LOL whenever possible.

Very Best,

Jeff

DahuiHeeNalu
12-06-2007, 11:10 PM
i wish i would have known i could had brought 10 people from Wilmington,Nc:(

literatim
12-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Dear Triangle Ron Paul supporters,

We won!

55 votes
Paul 53%, 29 votes
Giuliani 20%, 11 votes
Huckabee 13%, 7 votes

Congressman Lawson was in attendance for this successful event, and a good time was had by all.

Many, many thanks to everyone who came out tonight. Many bonds were made with the YR, and this may be the beginning of a very positive relationship that may last for a long time. Everyone please come out to the YR meeting on Jan. 14, if at all possible. They need golfers, bowlers, and softball players. They pride themselves in beating the Young Democrats LOL whenever possible.

Very Best,

Jeff

Inform the Meetup groups about the YR meeting.

Mark
12-06-2007, 11:23 PM
i wish i would have known i could had brought 10 people from Wilmington,Nc:(

This is a good meetup to join to get updates

The Triangle Ron Paul 2008 Meetup

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/52/

beachbum721
12-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks Mark! Everyone, FYI there are two threads, Mike has put up pics (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=545871&postcount=19) & vid (http://screenracer.com/ronpaul/pics/straw_poll.wmv)!!

Vendico
12-06-2007, 11:52 PM
So.. how does one find out if a straw poll is nearby?

WV Freedom Fighter
12-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Great job Raleigh!!! That is awesome!

Mark
12-07-2007, 12:07 AM
So.. how does one find out if a straw poll is nearby?

I imagine.. join a local meetup group.. check with the local Republican Party office.. ect

Mark
12-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Great job Raleigh!!! That is awesome!

WV ROCKS!! too :D Nice delegates there I hear!!

vegetarianrpfan
12-07-2007, 04:36 AM
To those in NC who wanted to make this straw poll--

Come to the Triangle NC Meetup's Ron Paul "Liber-tea" Celebration on December 16 in Durham, NC, to commemorate both the Boston Tea Party and the Ron Paul moneybomb of that day. We would love to meet our fellow NC supporters of Ron Paul.

http://teapartycelebration.wordpress.com/

------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

xerxesdarius
12-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Bump for the morning people, great work NC