PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones votes no on Paul Ryan for House Speaker

jct74
11-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Congressman Jones votes no on Paul Ryan for House Speaker

By Dave Jordan
Oct 28, 2015

Republican U.S. House of Representatives voted Wednesday to nominate Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan to become the chamber's next speaker, but 3rd District Republican Walter Jones was not among them.

Jones voted no on the nomination, saying, “I am here to represent the people of Eastern North Carolina. They have made it clear to me that they do not believe Paul Ryan is the man for the job. Over the past two weeks, I have received hundreds of calls and emails from Eastern North Carolinians. Well over 95 percent of them have been strongly opposed to Mr. Ryan.”

“The people in Eastern North Carolina and across America are sick and tired of the way the people’s House has been run over the past 5 years,” Congressman Jones continued. “They’re tired of surrendering to President Obama. They’re tired of the back-room deals cut in the dark of night without input from anyone but the Washington Establishment. They’re fed up with the top-down leadership that puts campaign contributions ahead of principles. They want transparency, integrity, a return to regular order, and a will to fight. That is why I voted for Congressman Dan Webster.”

read more:
http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Congressman-Jones-votes-no-on-Paul-Ryan-for-House-Speaker-338115012.html

jct74
11-13-2015, 09:00 AM
JONES STATEMENT ON SPEAKER VOTE

Oct 28, 2015

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Walter B. Jones (NC-3) made the following statement about his vote in today’s election to nominate a House Republican Conference candidate for Speaker of the House.

“I am here to represent the people of Eastern North Carolina,” said Congressman Jones. “They have made it clear to me that they do not believe Paul Ryan is the man for the job. Over the past two weeks, I have received hundreds of calls and emails from Eastern North Carolinians. Well over 95 percent of them have been strongly opposed to Mr. Ryan.”

“The people in Eastern North Carolina and across America are sick and tired of the way the people’s House has been run over the past 5 years,” Congressman Jones continued. “They’re tired of surrendering to President Obama. They’re tired of the back-room deals cut in the dark of night without input from anyone but the Washington Establishment. They’re fed up with the top-down leadership that puts campaign contributions ahead of principles. They want transparency, integrity, a return to regular order, and a will to fight. That is why I voted for Congressman Dan Webster.”

http://jones.house.gov/press-release/jones-statement-speaker-vote

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Walter Jones for speaker!

jct74
11-13-2015, 09:17 AM
EXCLUSIVE: WALTER JONES BLASTS ‘BULLY’ PAUL RYAN

by ALEX SWOYER
21 Oct 2015

Conservative members of the House are pushing back against Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) demand to nullify the procedural rule put into place by Founding Father and President Thomas Jefferson, which was used by Rep. Mark Meadows and the House Freedom Caucus to oust Rep. John Boehner (R-OH).

Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) exclusively told Breitbart News that Ryan’s demand for changes to the ‘Motion to vacate the chair’ rule proves he wants complete power and control.

“Paul Ryan isn’t even Speaker and he is already trying to take away power from members and consolidate it in House leadership. The reason John Boehner had to resign as Speaker is precisely because members are sick and tired of the way he concentrated power within leadership at the expense of members. Paul Ryan’s demands to change the rule to vacate the chair doesn’t solve that problem, it adds to it. This is exactly the kind of approach I don’t want to see in a potential Speaker. It’s one of the many reasons I will not be voting for him for Speaker—in addition to the fact that he has voted for big-government spending bills, bailouts for Wall Street and Detroit, TPA, and is openly in favor of amnesty. I’m supporting Congressman Dan Webster for Speaker because he will finally restore regular order and won’t bully members into voting against their consciences.”

The ‘Motion to vacate the chair’ rule boosts the power of a minority in the majority party, because it allows them to force a recall vote against the incumbent House Speaker.

read more:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/21/exclusive-walter-jones-blasts-bully-paul-ryan/