PDA

View Full Version : DONALD TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY LOST HIS EVER LOVING MIND

carlton
11-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Donald Trump has officially lost it, folks. No, I mean for real this time – in what is being heralded all across the media as an utter meltdown, Trump went crazy tonight in Fort Dodge, Iowa (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/12/donald-trump-delivers-95-minute-rant-on-everything-thats-wrong-in-this-race/?postshare=8901447386981628&tid=ss_tw):

He said he would “bomb the s—” out of areas controlled by the Islamic State that are rich with oil and claimed to know more about the terrorist group than U.S. military generals. He ranted about how everyone else is wrong on illegal immigration and how even the “geniuses at Harvard” have now backed his way of thinking. He accused Hillary Rodham Clinton of playing the “woman’s card,” and said Marco Rubio is “weak like a baby.” He signed a book for an audience member and then threw it off the stage. He forgot to take questions like he promised. And he spent more than 10 minutes angrily attacking his chief rival, Ben Carson, at one point calling him “pathological, damaged.”

Gone was the candidate’s recent bout of composure and control on the campaign trail. As Trump ranted on and on, campaign staffers with microphones who were supposed to take questions from the audience instead took a seat, trying to cheer their boss here and there. The audience laughed at times and clapped for many of Trump’s sharp insults. But an hour and 20 minutes into the speech, people who were standing on risers on the stage behind Trump sat down. The applause came less often and less loud. As Trump skewered Carson in deeply personal language, a sense of discomfort settled on the crowd of roughly 1,500. Several people shook their heads or whispered to their neighbors.

What in the… but wait! There’s more! He went after Ben Carson again, and in the process created the greatest Trump GIF to date:

Trump said he doesn’t believe Carson is telling the truth and questioned how a belt buckle could stop a blade. He stepped away from the podium and acted out how he imagined such an attack would happen, with his own belt buckle flopping around. He asked if anyone in the audience had a knife to try out his theory.

http://race42016.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/trump-buckle.gif (http://race42016.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/trump-buckle.gif)

The exact quote of that moment, by the way, was, “Anyone have a knife they want to try it on me?”After getting his hands off his pants and getting back behind the podium, Trump again compared Ben Carson to a child molester and called the voters stupid again, just for good measure:

“If you’re a child molester — a sick puppy — a child molester, there’s no cure for that,” Trump said. “If you’re a child molester, there’s no cure. They can’t stop you. Pathological? There’s no cure.”

And yet Carson is doing well in the polls, Trump said in disbelief.

“How stupid are the people of Iowa?” Trump said. “How stupid are the people of the country to believe this crap?”

As the speech wound down, Trump chased a rabbit trail of a thought that indicated his mental state:

He would be a unifier, he said, a winner. Then he wondered aloud if he should just move to Iowa and buy a farm.

Yes… a farm. That’s it. That sounds lovely.

Seriously. It’s like Donald Trump is trying to torpedo his own campaign now, like it’s become some sick joke to see just how insane he can be and have people still support him. This has now entered the realm of the utterly bizarre.

Is the Trump Train derailing for realsies this time?

http://race42016.com/2015/11/13/donald-trump-has-officially-lost-his-ever-loving-mind/

Crashland
11-13-2015, 12:38 AM
lol at the guy on the left eating.

This whole thing is just a game to the Donald.

Brian4Liberty
11-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Tube or it didn't happen.... ;)

timosman
11-13-2015, 12:48 AM
At 4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI279UvRK9M

ThePaleoLibertarian
11-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Every time the talking heads start saying he's done, he surges. I'll believe it when I see it.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 12:49 AM
LOL. Trump is totally imploding. Why doesn't he go after Caron on the gun control flip flop? Going after Carson on his book Gifted Hands is like going after George Lucas on Star Wars.

carlton
11-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Donald Trump Mimics Ben Carson's Alleged Stabbing. "The Knife Broke. Give Me A Break"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGHLN5tIZGk

Donald Trump Goes Off On Ben Carson For 9 Whole Minutes in Iowa (Compares him to Child Molester)

Donald Trump says he would "Bomb the Shit" out of Isis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FTHXgmzURM

dusman
11-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Trump making his move out of the republican race so he can prepare for the independent run as the Ross Perot of the next Clinton race to the White House. :D

I don't think anyone can convince me at this point that Trump has any desire to win GOP nomination... just stick around long enough to slam the GOP candidates and bow out after an implosion. He's going to go independent on the request of the Clinton's to steal enough of the GOP vote to secure the presidency just like they did with Perot. hehehe

P3ter_Griffin
11-13-2015, 01:30 AM

lmfao too fucking good. perfect : popcorn: gif.

jkob
11-13-2015, 01:57 AM
I don't understand why some people think attacking Carson is some third rail, Trump is taking Carson's only strength as a candidate and turning it against him. I think it's a smart strategy since Carson's candidacy is pretty much completely dependent on his personal biography and to take that away as an asset would knock him out of the race. Short of dropping the n-word or praising Hitler I don't think there is anything Trump could say that will destroy his candidacy, now some other scandal is completely possible and probable.

VIDEODROME
11-13-2015, 01:59 AM
I thought he was getting ready to go nuts with the Starbucks War on Christmas stuff. This is going faster than I thought it would.

timosman
11-13-2015, 02:06 AM
Trump making his move out of the republican race so he can prepare for the independent run as the Ross Perot of the next Clinton race to the White House. :D

Running as an independent is not in his contract. He probably does not have a hard ending date either so I think old Donald decided to have a bit of fun as campaigning is frankly boring as hell. I do not blame him. He is definitely past the soft date and is going down in flames. Maybe his contract says he can not quit as long as he is polling above 10%? What a sight. :rolleyes:

DevilsAdvocate
11-13-2015, 02:28 AM
He was truly horrible here. The speech was far too long. The audience had no energy at all. Spitting into the microphone? Walking away from the microphone? These are amateur mistakes.

Now, by my knowledge, he's been warned several times that attacking Carson is a losing game for him. People really really don't like it. There's been several articles about it that I've seen.

Is he deliberately torpedoing his own campaign? Is it subconscious? He mentioned that if the election didn't pan out he'd like to go back to his old job, perhaps he's actually longing for this? In any case, this was a garish display, truly horrible. Now Carson has a nice easy softball if he wanted, to smack Trump out of the ballpark.

AngryCanadian
11-13-2015, 02:43 AM
Oh god the comments on that YouTube page.

WOW! Trump is a master at seeing through people. This is Trumps last ditch effort to wake up the people of Iowa...if this doesn't do it nothing will...we'll see.

I think you Americans need to just piss off.

luctor-et-emergo
11-13-2015, 02:44 AM
He was truly horrible here. The speech was far too long. The audience had no energy at all. Spitting into the microphone? Walking away from the microphone? These are amateur mistakes.

Now, by my knowledge, he's been warned several times that attacking Carson is a losing game for him. People really really don't like it. There's been several articles about it that I've seen.

Is he deliberately torpedoing his own campaign? Is it subconscious? He mentioned that if the election didn't pan out he'd like to go back to his old job, perhaps he's actually longing for this? In any case, this was a garish display, truly horrible. Now Carson has a nice easy softball if he wanted, to smack Trump out of the ballpark.

He's not the best businessman either. He started off with capital from his father. It has been pointed out that his assets grew less than the stock-market over several decades. He'd have been better off just putting it into a fund.

The problem is his ego, he really thinks he's always right. I don't think he really listens to advisers. Maybe he listens but when they tell him he shouldn't do something, he'll double down on it.. That works to some point but it's risky in the long term. Either that or he surrounds himself with shitty advisers.

timosman
11-13-2015, 02:47 AM
I think you Americans need to just piss off.

You all wanted us to elect Obamer. How well did it work for you? :cool:

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 02:48 AM
//

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 02:48 AM
I don't understand why some people think attacking Carson is some third rail, Trump is taking Carson's only strength as a candidate and turning it against him. I think it's a smart strategy since Carson's candidacy is pretty much completely dependent on his personal biography and to take that away as an asset would knock him out of the race. Short of dropping the n-word or praising Hitler I don't think there is anything Trump could say that will destroy his candidacy, now some other scandal is completely possible and probable.

Because there's nothing actually wrong with Carson's personal story. Lot's of people have had violent tempers and have overcome them. To suggest that's impossible makes Trump look stupid. And yes, I've seen people here at RPF make that same assertion. They don't know much about human psychology either. As for whether a belt buckle can break a knife it depends on the belt buckle and the knife.

timosman
11-13-2015, 02:51 AM
He's not the best businessman either. He started off with capital from his father. It has been pointed out that his assets grew less than the stock-market over several decades. He'd have been better off just putting it into a fund.

The problem is his ego, he really thinks he's always right. I don't think he really listens to advisers. Maybe he listens but when they tell him he shouldn't do something, he'll double down on it.. That works to some point but it's risky in the long term. Either that or he surrounds himself with shitty advisers.

What if Trump is really a TV personality like Kardashians, a brand? I do not believe in his Billions. Definitely not in 10 of them.

AngryCanadian
11-13-2015, 02:54 AM
You all wanted us to elect Obamer. How well did it work for you? :cool:

How does electing bunch of mentally ill NeoCons who call for undoing the relationships with Cuba and starting a war with China and Russia sound so well for you again?

timosman
11-13-2015, 02:57 AM
How does electing bunch of mentally ill NeoCons who call for undoing the relationships with Cuba and starting a war with China and Russia sound so well for you again?

Dude, this Rand Paul forum. Why don't you go complaining on other candidates sites? Why don't you send some money to Rand's SuperPAC to make sure the guy gets elected?

KEEF
11-13-2015, 04:28 AM

I like the guy in the maroon shirt just right of the guy eating. He is big and he has that "WTF, who invited crazy Uncle Donald to the party?" Look in his eye.

osan
11-13-2015, 06:29 AM

Based on what I see here, the OP article is a fecklessly transparent hit piece. Big surprise. The D may indeed be imploding, but there is no indication of this if one judges by this nine minutes of video.

You may not like Trump. I do not have a sufficiently comfortable basis for believing he says who he says he is or that he is not hiding intentions that would be unzipped in the event he were to take office, but neither do I have one for specific and particularly solid distrust. I will not accept these unsupported or mal-supported premises for dismissing him. If I am to believe my gut, it seems he is standing upon a great big nerve and that someone, somewhere, is trying for all he's worth to get him off of it.

If we assume he is genuine and is not engaging in noteworthy deceit, I'd assess him as standing head and shoulders above all the rest, regardless of party, except for Rand Paul. He may be caricature-like in ways, but I will take him over the standard political fare any day, thankyouverymuch. The difference may be akin to that between eating a mouse turd and that of a rat, but at this point perhaps it is difference enough.

My only question is whether the things Trump asserts about that which he claims Carson has said, were indeed uttered by Dr. Ben, were not taken out of context, and so on. I'm not wasting my time and money buying his book to find out, so anyone willing to pitch in on that is always welcome.

Barring something truly fundamental amiss with D's little speech here, I see nothing except a tempest in a teapot.

Have I missed something of vital note?

osan
11-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Donald Trump Goes Off On Ben Carson For 9 Whole Minutes in Iowa (Compares him to Child Molester)

Liar.

Trump did no such thing, based on the clip. Nowhere do I recall seeing where Trump stated, or so much as vaguely implied that Carson was like a child molester. He was speaking to the issue of what it meant to be "pathological". Über-FAIL. Is there some unpublished personal agenda at play here?

William Tell
11-13-2015, 07:31 AM
LOL. Trump is totally imploding. Why doesn't he go after Caron on the gun control flip flop? Going after Carson on his book Gifted Hands is like going after George Lucas on Star Wars.

Well, Trump has his own gun flip flops. Not saying that would stop him though, he has no shame.

juleswin
11-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Wow, that was a great expose of Carson and the yarn he weaves. What kind of a person after listening to that still say they support Carson? a pathological lying, violent, insane pyramid theory believing, non conservative war monger.

You all know I am no fan of Trump but I think if you have a problem with the content of that speech then there is something really wrong with you.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 08:03 AM
What if Trump is really a TV personality like Kardashians, a brand? I do not believe in his Billions. Definitely not in 10 of them.

The Kardashians are famous for who they've slept with. Trump is famous for being rich and feuding with real estate mogul Leona Helmsley. And he smacks of corruption with his willingness to abuse imminent domain to steal land for private development. I don't call that good business. I call that bully business. You can make a lot of money being a bully. Remember the adult Biff Tanner from Back To The Future 2? That's literally Donald Trump.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Wow, that was a great expose of Carson and the yarn he weaves. What kind of a person after listening to that still say they support Carson? a pathological lying, violent, insane pyramid theory believing, non conservative war monger.

You all know I am no fan of Trump but I think if you have a problem with the content of that speech then there is something really wrong with you.

:rolleyes: Not sure if you are serious or trolling. I tell you what. Go get a side of beef and a solid metal belt buckle and a pocket knife and see if you can stab through the belt buckle to the side of beef. Once you realize you can't, come back in and tell us why you know see that Trump is a stupid idiot that just jumped the shark.

Edit: I know a pocket knife wouldn't go through this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Nl%2BTCVTrL._UX342_.jpg

I doubt it would easily go through this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21NWNCQ05EL.jpg

It would definitely go through the type of buckle Trump had on during his stupid speech that you're so enamored with.

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_352182207_00-1.0x0/40mm-solid-brass-pin-buckle-bs001-pin-belt.jpg

Problem is, as far as I know, Dr. Carson hasn't given details on specifically the type of belt buckle it was. And truth be told, assuming the story is true (and I believe it is) he probably wouldn't even remember.

So we have a story from Carson that is quite likely true from which Trump declares he's a "liar" and supposedly idiots like Trump who have no training in psychology think they can declare that having a violent temper is like being a "child molester" and something you can "never get over." Ummmm...BOLLOCKS!

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Well, Trump has his own gun flip flops. Not saying that would stop him though, he has no shame.

Yeah...but that explains why he's not attacking Carson on that. He's not totally stupid. He can't bring up something on Carson that someone else can bring up on him.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Liar.

Trump did no such thing, based on the clip. Nowhere do I recall seeing where Trump stated, or so much as vaguely implied that Carson was like a child molester. He was speaking to the issue of what it meant to be "pathological". Über-FAIL. Is there some unpublished personal agenda at play here?

Actually Trump did compare Carson to a child molester by saying that Carson's "condition" was "pathological" like being a "child molester." That's a comparison whether you are willing to admit it or not. It's also stupid. Anger problems are not "pathological." They often stem from unresolved emotional trauma and are easily fixed without medication. I've seen so much ignorance about this subject on this forum by people desperate to hate on Carson that it is sickening. And Trump jumped the shark with his belt buckle antics.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Based on what I see here, the OP article is a fecklessly transparent hit piece. Big surprise. The D may indeed be imploding, but there is no indication of this if one judges by this nine minutes of video.

You may not like Trump. I do not have a sufficiently comfortable basis for believing he says who he says he is or that he is not hiding intentions that would be unzipped in the event he were to take office, but neither do I have one for specific and particularly solid distrust. I will not accept these unsupported or mal-supported premises for dismissing him. If I am to believe my gut, it seems he is standing upon a great big nerve and that someone, somewhere, is trying for all he's worth to get him off of it.

If we assume he is genuine and is not engaging in noteworthy deceit, I'd assess him as standing head and shoulders above all the rest, regardless of party, except for Rand Paul. He may be caricature-like in ways, but I will take him over the standard political fare any day, thankyouverymuch. The difference may be akin to that between eating a mouse turd and that of a rat, but at this point perhaps it is difference enough.

My only question is whether the things Trump asserts about that which he claims Carson has said, were indeed uttered by Dr. Ben, were not taken out of context, and so on. I'm not wasting my time and money buying his book to find out, so anyone willing to pitch in on that is always welcome.

Barring something truly fundamental amiss with D's little speech here, I see nothing except a tempest in a teapot.

Have I missed something of vital note?

1) Trump fails at his attempt at being a psychologist by claiming that anger problems are incurable. Of course Trump seems to have his own anger problem that's still "spitting" out. Just look at the video.

2) Trump fails at basic metallurgy by claiming that a metal belt buckle can't stop a knife. Depending on the belt buckle it clearly can.

Trump hurt himself badly. And it won't just be "liberals" saying it. It's not "liberals" who are pushing Ben Carson's polling numbers up. Carson can be successfully attacked. This tirade by Trump isn't how you do it.

That said, why do you like Trump when he 1) stands for the government stealing private property and re-distributing it to private developers and 2) wants to raise taxes on "the rich?" How is that at all conservative? Based on those two items alone I would take Ted Cruz or Ben Carson over Donald Trump. I don't want land stolen and given to private developers. I don't want more redistribution of wealth through the tax code. It seems that Trump playing the "illegal immigration" card got conservatives to put their brains in neutral.

juleswin
11-13-2015, 08:47 AM
:rolleyes: Not sure if you are serious or trolling. I tell you what. Go get a side of beef and a solid metal belt buckle and a pocket knife and see if you can stab through the belt buckle to the side of beef. Once you realize you can't, come back in and tell us why you know see that Trump is a stupid idiot that just jumped the shark.

Dunno about child molester accusation and such cos the part I heard had no such accusation. I just think that the likelihood of the knife and/or belt buckle not sliding up or down on a human target is pretty slime. The buckle is not stationary, the stabbing hands will adjust and not saying it is impossible but its like 1 in a billion chance that a belt buckle will stop a stabbing attack clean without hurting the target. And this low probability even happened to him

Don't buy it, also don't know how relevant this is to the story but in self defense class, we were taught that knife attackers usually attack over head instead of an under hand attack. Regardless, I don't know if I want a candidate who cannot successfully stab people with pocket knives and hit people with hammers to be president . Maybe he is just that unlucky of a person and I won't want him to bring his unlucky spell to the White House.

opinionatedfool
11-13-2015, 08:49 AM
I think most people who watch his rant can conclude that trump is at least partially crazy... He talks about Carson's anger - what about his own? He is clearly in a rage.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Dunno about child molester accusation and such cos the part I heard had no such accusation. I just think that the likelihood of the knife and/or belt buckle not sliding up or down on a human target is pretty slime. The buckle is not stationary, the stabbing hands will adjust and not saying it is impossible but its like 1 in a billion chance that a belt buckle will stop a stabbing attack clean without hurting the target. And this low probability even happened to him

Don't buy it, also don't know how relevant this is to the story but in self defense class, we were taught that knife attackers usually attack over head instead of an under hand attack. Regardless, I don't know if I want a candidate who cannot successfully stab people with pocket knives and hit people with hammers to be president . Maybe he is just that unlucky of a person and I won't want him to bring his unlucky spell to the White House.

LOL. I would call it lucky, not unlucky. A threw a pair of scissors at my brother once in a fit of anger. I remember them sticking in his wrist. He remembers them sticking in the wall. I'm assuming he was right because he should remember whether or not he got stabbed in the wrist. Oops. I have a violent past and I don't remember the story correctly. I guess I'm unfit for humanity. :rolleyes: I would no more hold any of this against a presidential candidate than I would hold it against a brain surgeon operating on my child. Seriously on a certain level both are just as important. Donald Trump is flying off the handle today. Ben Carson flew off the handle decades ago when he was a kid. I honestly don't give a rip. Most people who read his book or heard his speak don't give a rip. But now, people looking for a reason not to like him and wanting others to do the same give a rip. I see this as no different than the AquaBuddha story (did Rand really try to get some woman in college to try drugs? Not something I consider presidential), or the newsletters (Did Ron really let those newsletters out without at least checking the content? Not smart if he didn't. Dishonest if he did but now says he didn't.) But in the end, I don't care. Those aren't, to me, reasons to vote or not vote for someone for president. At this point I don't see myself voting for Carson because I don't like things he's said about gun control and foreign policy. But I don't like some things Rand's said about foreign policy. I'm supporting Rand because I believe in Ron and to a lesser extent I trust Rand.

Edit: And to your point about your self defense class, from my recall of reading the story Carson and his friend were sitting down. So the attack would neither come from "over the head" or "underhand." It would have been a hammer fist like stab.

jmdrake
11-13-2015, 09:02 AM
I think most people who watch his rant can conclude that trump is at least partially crazy... He talks about Carson's anger - what about his own? He is clearly in a rage.

Exactly! Carson used to have an anger problem. Trump still has one.

erowe1
11-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Liar.

Whom was he calling pathological if not Carson?

Liberty74
11-13-2015, 09:13 AM

I don't think anyone can convince me at this point that Trump has any desire to win GOP nomination... just stick around long enough to slam the GOP candidates and bow out after an implosion. He's going to go independent on the request of the Clinton's to steal enough of the GOP vote to secure the presidency just like they did with Perot. hehehe

Trump LOVES the Clinton's. He is bought and paid for just like the rest. You don't get a phone call from Bill the night before your announcement to talk about bimbos.

Trump is in this to hurt the Republicans. How so? Bash them all and drive up the negatives for the Republican party with the Hispanic voters. That's how Hiltery wins. Trump has a 70% disapproval with Hispanics and that will translate over into the general whoever the nominee turns out to be.

Virgil
11-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Heard on the radio this morning about his rant. He won't be able to back away from this easily.

-virgil

dusman
11-13-2015, 09:54 AM

Edit: I know a pocket knife wouldn't go through this.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Nl%2BTCVTrL._UX342_.jpg

I doubt it would easily go through this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21NWNCQ05EL.jpg

It would definitely go through the type of buckle Trump had on during his stupid speech that you're so enamored with.

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_352182207_00-1.0x0/40mm-solid-brass-pin-buckle-bs001-pin-belt.jpg

Problem is, as far as I know, Dr. Carson hasn't given details on specifically the type of belt buckle it was. And truth be told, assuming the story is true (and I believe it is) he probably wouldn't even remember.

So we have a story from Carson that is quite likely true from which Trump declares he's a "liar" and supposedly idiots like Trump who have no training in psychology think they can declare that having a violent temper is like being a "child molester" and something you can "never get over." Ummmm...BOLLOCKS!

True.... but I wonder if it can be scientifically proven improbable that such a strike could break the blade off a pocket knife.

Quick, call in the physicists. Let's get a consensus here.

jkob
11-13-2015, 10:05 AM
I really think it's smart strategically, Carson was coasting on his biography and with in a week or so it went from an asset to something he has to defend. TPTB would much prefer Carson as the front runner compared to Trump who as until this point proven impervious to their all out assault against his candidacy since they still believe they can sneak Rubio or Jeb in and they're sure as hell not passing Trump. Draft Romney? lol. Could you imagine Carson in a debate with Hillary? The whole sleepy holier-than-thou shtick might have a niche in the GOP freak show debate but imagine this guy actually getting scrutinized on policy, Hillary would mop the floor with him. Trump is simply beating the establishment to the punch.

I think this is probably tough to watch for people that admired Carson outside the political arena, he's a good man but this is a contact sport no-holds-barred. It doesn't have to be fair or even truthful to resonate, we all know that. This is kitchen table talk, conservative policy wonkage is beyond most voters and there is far less uniformity in the base voter sentiments than the cookie cutter definitions allow anyway. Stuff like this wins elections.

klamath
11-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Trump actually is starting to sound absolutely insane for power. He feels like he is losing it and going absolutely crazy. This guy is insane.

RonPaulMall
11-13-2015, 10:20 AM
I really think it's smart strategically, Carson was coasting on his biography and with in a week or so it went from an asset to something he has to defend. TPTB would much prefer Carson as the front runner compared to Trump who as until this point proven impervious to their all out assault against his candidacy since they still believe they can sneak Rubio or Jeb in and they're sure as hell not passing Trump. Draft Romney? lol. Could you imagine Carson in a debate with Hillary? The whole sleepy holier-than-thou shtick might have a niche in the GOP freak show debate but imagine this guy actually getting scrutinized on policy, Hillary would mop the floor with him. Trump is simply beating the establishment to the punch.

I agree it is smart strategically, but I don't think that's why Trump is doing it because Trump doesn't seem to care all that much about conventional political strategy. I think it is just Trump being Trump. He hears that one of his competitors invented all these crazy stories about stabbing his mother and so on and Trump wants to talk about it. That's just who he is and who he's always been. Tabloid scandal has always interested him and he's always been eager to give the world his opinion on such things.

jllundqu
11-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Lord willing, this is his Howard Dean moment.

hells_unicorn
11-13-2015, 10:31 AM
I had a feeling that this was eventually going to happen, the only thing I got wrong was that I thought it would be Trump and Bush preparing to go to all out war with each other come this stage of the game. This is actually a more extreme version of what I saw go down between Howard Dean and Dick Gephardt in Iowa in the 2004 Democratic Primary, which ended up ending both of their candidacies I might add. What will be interesting to watch will be how does Carson go about responding to this, and he runs the risk of coming off like a ticking time-bomb if he loses his cool. I think Jack Nicholson summed it up best in this clip from Anger Management:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZbsQtiKYs

Again, there are a lot of unknowns here because both candidates have proven generally impervious to attack, though Trump has had a longer track record of this. The fact that the majority of voters are leaning rather than solid on a particular candidate is perhaps the most important variable in play here. Just as was the case in the wreckage that followed the Dean vs. Gephardt meltdown, whoever comes off as being both viable and reasonably sane is the one who will benefit the most. I would argue that Rand is the only sane person on that stage, but the average GOP voter might flock to Rubio, Cruz or even back to Bush (I really, REALLY hope not), in which case the outcome will probably not be the same.

I must stress that this all hinges upon whether Carson responds a certain way and if Trump becomes even more ridiculous in his response. The applause that Trump was getting from that audience was fairly tepid, and these were people who were voluntarily showing up for one of Trump's rallies, which is a pretty good read on how people at home were reacting. Let's put aside the facts here for a second since it's clear that they have very little relevance in how people vote. Whatever the statistical improbability of a knife breaking on a belt buckle happens to be, or whether or not it may sound normal to most rational people to share some embarrassing past events as a sign of one's religious conversion, this stuff is intended for a particular audience. There is a massive wing of Antinomian/Free Grace thinkers in American Evangelical Christianity that celebrate people doing terrible things and then finding forgiveness for it later, they actually value it higher than a person who is raised properly by their parents and remains steadfast in both faith and obedience to a great degree of consistency. While it is true that most later-in-life converts have a tale that is comparable to the parable of the prodigal son, this should not be the desired disposition of anyone in a nation that has been blessed with a majority Christian status for more than 2 centuries.

Trump's sentiments here, while going extremely overboard on the theatrics, are largely based in light of nature and a degree of rationalism than a proper doctrinal Christian critique of such nonsense. Nevertheless, the truth is that Trump is fundamentally correct regarding the ridiculousness of Carson airing his family's dirty laundry in public for some cynical attempt at appealing to people of a like mind on how conversion usually works. What does this say about Carson's mother that she allowed things to escalate to this level? This is almost as brazen of a case of tale-bearing as when Ham found Noah (his father) passed out drunk and naked and opted to run and gossip to his brothers rather than do the right thing, which would have been to put a blanket over him, let him sleep it off and tell no one about it.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how all of this unfolds. My best guess would be that provided this back and forth has legs and continues to intensify, it will end up destroying both of them, but it's always a possibility that Trump may only end himself or end Carson. We'll see.

dude58677
11-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Psychiatry is a pseudoscience and Ben Carson quit his interest in psychiatry before becoming a neurosurgeon. None of the diseases in the DSM books have been put in their based on scientific discovery. The patients get medication based on nothing and it comes with horrible side effects. A behavior is and cannot be a disease.

Brian4Liberty
11-13-2015, 11:19 AM

It looks like Trump is up to his usual tricks and engaging in character assassination. He loves to engage in this and loves to see others engage in it. For those who ever watched his TV show, they would know that this is a pathological condition for Trump. ;)

And unfortunately for Trump, he's ignorant of the medical definition of the word pathological. Trump was absolutely wrong that pathological is the same as incurable.

kahless
11-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Carson may have his demons under control, but that is not normal regardless if he has over come it. It is pathological and you never know when in life that behavior is going to rear it's ugly head. The risk increases under stressful situations which the Commander and Chief job surely will bring. Do we really want to risk someone like that with his finger on the button, I think not.

Carson has already demonstrated (see the other thread here) that he would be willing to go so far as to shoot Russian planes out of the sky. Combine that with the risk of some psychological condition and this country is playing with future of the world.

Only on RPF and the mainstream media is the guy who warns people about the guy who tried to kill his mother and friend the crazy one.

klamath
11-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Let Trump that has always gotten his way with inherited money have to deal with world leaders. Judging by how trump responds to not getting his way He would very likely nuke someone.

Badger Paul
11-13-2015, 02:40 PM
If this doesn't derail him I don't know what else would short of do something criminal on live TV. Its almost like he's terrified he'd get elected and is trying to lose.

hells_unicorn
11-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Only on RPF and the mainstream media is the guy who warns people about the guy who tried to kill his mother and friend the crazy one.

They're both crazy, didn't you get the memo?

DevilsAdvocate
11-13-2015, 02:55 PM
True.... but I wonder if it can be scientifically proven improbable that such a strike could break the blade off a pocket knife.

Quick, call in the physicists. Let's get a consensus here.

Are you kidding? Depending on the force of the blow, the type of knife, the condition of the knife...yes it certainly could have.

RonPaulMall
11-13-2015, 04:07 PM
If this doesn't derail him I don't know what else would short of do something criminal on live TV. Its almost like he's terrified he'd get elected and is trying to lose.

LOL. This is nothing. Just the same Trump we've seen every day on the campaign trail for months now. If something is going to derail Trump it will be something major and out of the ordinary (sex scandal, criminal indictment, ect). Trump being Trump isn't going to effect him at all. That is why he's leading in the polls in the first place.

r3volution 3.0
11-13-2015, 04:12 PM
They're both crazy, didn't you get the memo?

^this

Anti Federalist
11-13-2015, 04:48 PM
When is Johnny Smith gonna shake his hand?

eleganz
11-14-2015, 11:10 PM
If this craziness doesn't start driving Carson higher in Iowa, it would just be electoral insanity.

AngryCanadian
11-14-2015, 11:21 PM
If this craziness doesn't start driving Carson higher in Iowa, it would just be electoral insanity.

"White Guilt"
:rolleyes:

timosman
11-15-2015, 12:02 AM

It is just his personality, that's the way he is. :rolleyes: