PDA

View Full Version : What Mizzou is NOT Protesting

jasongpeirce
11-12-2015, 07:33 PM
What Mizzou is NOT ProtestingNovember 12, 2015—Well, that was quick enough. I’m talking about the speed it took University of Missouri president Tim Wolfe to resign after Jonathan Butler went on a hunger strike and the Mizzou football team decided to boycott football “until President Tim Wolfe resigns or is removed due to his negligence toward marginalized students’ experiences.”

I’m also talking about the speed at which it was revealed that Butler hails from a family worth $20 million, and that some of the protester’s claims, such as the existence of the “poop-swastika,” are largely unverifiable (http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/is-the-entire-mizzou-protest-based-on-lies-111115). For anyone unfamiliar with the evolution of the story, here’s (http://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/higher_education/racial-climate-at-mu-a-timeline-of-incidents-to-date/article_0c96f986-84c6-11e5-a38f-2bd0aab0bf74.html) a timeline of events leading up to Wolfe’s resignation. There’s seemingly new, curious developments of the story on an hourly basis.

Now, was Wolfe’s response negligently inadequate? Are there indeed “marginalized” students at Mizzou? Is there “systematic racism” on campus due to “white privilege”? Does it matter that Butler’s family is far wealthier than the average American family? Does it matter whether “poop-swastika” actually occurred, or not?

Surely, racism exists, as ignorance exists. But the truth of the matter is, the answers to the above questions are largely subjective. It depends on who you ask. But whether any of the above is true or not, a great many of the students at Mizzou claimed that they did not feel “safe.” So, Tim Wolfe had to go, right? Right? Or…

The particulars of this story are still being covered ad nauseum. So, what I want to do here is turn the whole pathetic affair on its head and widen the lens by briefly examining a handful of issues which Jonathan Butler, the Mizzou football team, and much of the Mizzou student body and faculty (I’ll collectively call them “Mizzou” from here-out) are NOT protesting. These issues include some policies and mechanisms rooted in racism (literally), which have utterly ravaged black and white, and poor and middle class communities alike. The failure of Mizzou to address these issues – and Mizzou’s outright ignorance of the fact that these are urgently pressing issues in the first place — speaks sad volumes about the sorry state of Mizzou and college campus culture in-general across the entire U.S.

So, here’s a handful of issues Mizzou is NOT protesting:
(Read the rest of the article here: http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/mizzou-not-protesting/)

satchelmcqueen
11-12-2015, 09:17 PM
about the poop swastika...im a janitor in a pre-k -6th grade elm school. they write on walls all the time with poop. all grades. just today i had to scrape poop up from the floor. this happens weekly. my partner had a kid poop in the middle of his classroom when no one was in there. poop happens and its not funny. theres some fucked up people out there.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Why do they call it "Mizzou"?

euphemia
11-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Like I said, Mizzou is not a hotbed of intellect.

euphemia
11-12-2015, 09:34 PM

Missouri University. The nickname is phonetic.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Missouri University. The nickname is phonetic.

That's it?

Prinstun?

RandPaul4Prez
11-12-2015, 09:41 PM
How many are on the george soros payroll?

HVACTech
11-12-2015, 09:58 PM
about the poop swastika...im a janitor in a pre-k -6th grade elm school. they write on walls all the time with poop. all grades. just today i had to scrape poop up from the floor. this happens weekly. my partner had a kid poop in the middle of his classroom when no one was in there. poop happens and its not funny. theres some fucked up people out there.

Hmm. if true. this would be an interesting assertion.

Humans are repelled by things that lack oxygen...
(yes, I refrained from using big words) :)

juleswin
11-12-2015, 10:20 PM

Are the janitors always to beat these kids when they are caught vandalizing school property with poop? cos I think that reason alone would worth me getting a janitorial job just so I could brutalize the asshole kid that thinks writing with his own poop is funny.

Just saying :)

ChristianAnarchist
11-12-2015, 10:39 PM

Short for Missouri "U"... I think... "Mizzo U"

surf
11-12-2015, 11:09 PM
they should be protesting the outrageous amount of money it costs them to receive an obviously piss-poor education

University of Missouri’s Aquatic Center

Texas Tech University isn’t the only college in recent years to invest in an elaborate water park.

University of Missouri, located in Columbia, Missouri, has an aquatic center that boasts an indoor waterfall and the Tiger Grotto, the cave-like swimming pool inspired by the infamous grotto at the Playboy Mansion.
http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Lifestyle/abc_mizzougrotto_le_141013_16x9_608.jpg