PDA

View Full Version : Is this the coalition for Liberty?

afwjam
11-12-2015, 12:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B1eEw4z.jpg

I had always assumed people like Rand Paul, Justin Amash and Thomas Massie where picking up where Ron Paul left off. Continuing the efforts to support Liberty however they can. In their own respective and individual ways of course, but none the less part of the coalition for Liberty. Though this message board titled after Ron Paul slowed down, fragmented and dispersed in some ways after 2012 I thought we were all still on board with this. Yes there are Trump shills here now and I thought we were all dealing with them with a knowing smile, same for Cruz. I was lead to believe Rand and his father were philosophically identical, but that Rand would pretend to follow an establishment path in order to gain favor in the GOP. I was never a huge fan, but maybe a year ago it did seem to be working in some ways. Fast forward to now and it had obviously really worn on a few of us and certainly did not seem to be helping with the MSM. But I still believed and patiently waited for Rand to say the right things and activate his base, the grass roots of the Liberty movement.

Something started happening a few weeks ago, Rand started sounding like his father again, like the truth. I was up with Rand when he was trying to stop the debt ceiling and budget increase, he was using direct Ron Paul quotes. Obviously the other night in the debate Rand started telling the truth again as well and sounding like his father. The results were immediate, grass roots awakened and old RPF faces I had not seen posting in years started coming out of the wood work. I was very happy about it, happy for Rand, happy for Liberty.

Then it got ugly, real ugly. People I used to have faith in from way back in the day and new folks started attacking those that returned, those that were attracted by the truth, a truth that at one point brought us all together here in the first place. It seems we are not allowed to have differing opinions on how to achieve Liberty and the currently prominent posters in the Rand Paul forum want everyone who showed up to say they were wrong to not have been supporting rands side show, to pledge unwavering support to Rand whatever he says or does. That's not Liberty and I don't think it's at all beneficial to this community or the coalition for Liberty Ron Paul worked so hard to build. Tolerance, love, compassion and open communication are the way forward, not violence and infighting. I was ready to get on board again, I was even starting work on a video, something I lacked the passion to do for Rand before. I had been watching and reading the whole time, even donating when I was supposed to, but I did not feel the grass roots tingle before, the passion for Liberty. Just when I was coming back along with many other hard working Liberty warriors we are attacked for having differing opinions, for returning when we felt like it, this is wrong, this is not Liberty, this is UGLY. I will keep myself removed from the Rand Paul forum and grassroots as long as it continues to be ugly like this. I pray for the best for Rand Paul, for the future of our country and for all of us. I only want us to have the Liberty to live life and be happy free from violence and oppression.

Ronin Truth
11-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Perhaps a, not the.