PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me RPF for I have sinned...

andy2044
11-11-2015, 12:03 AM
I have a Rand car magnet on my car. The other day after I parked a guy that lives in my apartment building passed by me and said: "So you're the one with the bumper sticker! If only he had a chance." I nod my head in agreement. My brother essentially said the same. For the past few months I've essentially been a Rand supporter out of "I have no one else to support and I owe it to Ron."

But I need to get this of my chest: I doubted Rand. I only supported him out of moral duty "knowing" he wouldn't win. I even considered Rubio as my second choice because we are both Cuban, go to the same church in Miami, and he likes my favorite restaurant. BUT TODAY NO MORE! I officially stand with Rand and will do so proudly!

Indy Vidual
11-11-2015, 12:24 AM
Welcome back sinner :)

Christian Liberty
11-11-2015, 12:35 AM
I have a Rand car magnet on my car. The other day after I parked a guy that lives in my apartment building passed by me and said: "So you're the one with the bumper sticker! If only he had a chance." I nod my head in agreement. My brother essentially said the same. For the past few months I've essentially been a Rand supporter out of "I have no one else to support and I owe it to Ron."

But I need to get this of my chest: I doubted Rand. I only supported him out of moral duty "knowing" he wouldn't win. I even considered Rubio as my second choice because we are both Cuban, go to the same church in Miami, and he likes my favorite restaurant. BUT TODAY NO MORE! I officially stand with Rand and will do so proudly!

You go to Rubio's church?

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Nice confession! You have committed the sin of passion for voting. Don't feel bad-this happens to many people. Your penance is to do something constructive to advance the cause of true liberty, such as donating to LRC or mises.org. And if the drive to vote overwhelms you, vote for Vermin Supreme. God bless you, my son! :)

HVACTech
11-11-2015, 12:49 AM
just be sure to avoid HB's confession booth. :eek:

:)

andy2044
11-11-2015, 12:53 AM
repost

andy2044
11-11-2015, 01:38 AM

andy2044
11-11-2015, 01:38 AM
You go to Rubio's church?

According to the Huffington Post the Catholic church he goes to in Miami is St. Louis Catholic Church. It just so happens that is the church I go to on Sundays since returning to Miami from college. I've yet to see him at Mass in the 3 months I've been back. So I have no way of knowing other than a Huf-Po article and someone from the local youth group telling me, "Oh, yeah that's Rubio's parish!"

Christian Liberty
11-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Is it the same congregation or just the same parish?

Jeffster
11-11-2015, 01:43 AM
According to the Huffington Post the Catholic church he goes to in Miami is St. Louis Catholic Church. It just so happens that is the church I go to on Sundays since returning to Miami from college. I've yet to see him at Mass in the 3 months I've been back. So I have no way of knowing other than a Huf-Po article and someone from the local youth group telling me, "Oh, yeah that's Rubio's parish!"

Well, Rubio's consistent at least, he's a no-show at church too! :p

dusman
11-11-2015, 01:47 AM
Well, Rubio's consistent at least, he's a no-show at church too! :p

Muahaha. Quite a good observation. :D

PaleoPaul
11-11-2015, 02:05 AM
I confess that I have committed the same sin, although Rubio was never my second choice! Hell, he wasn't even my LAST choice!

jmdrake
11-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Yeah!!!!! I feel the same way. Rand did what he needed to do last night. I saw this coming in his pre-debate email. He was going after Rubio and typing Rubio to Hillary. Brilliant! Needs to keep it up. Forget Carson and Trump. Take on neocon jr! Make this about policy and not whether Trump is calling people short or fat or whatever. Much much better than the first debate. He was channeling Ron last night.

heavenlyboy34
11-11-2015, 10:02 AM
I confess that I have committed the same sin, although Rubio was never my second choice! Hell, he wasn't even my LAST choice!

You have another choice? I assumed all the voting types here was doing the NOBP thing again.

65fastback2+2
11-11-2015, 11:01 AM
I have no confessions to make. Always been #RandOrBust

Peace&Freedom
11-11-2015, 11:17 AM
If Rand had focused on going after the neocon establishment candidates in the first debates and skipped taking on the Donald, he probably would not have lost points in the polls, and could have well been in Rubio's spot at 11-13% or higher. Let's hope that this debate causes Rand to get the upward momentum he should have experienced by now.