PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: Rubio Worked With Democratic ‘Hillary Clinton Wing’ And Schumer To Push Amnesty

Virgil
11-09-2015, 07:34 AM
ROCK HILL, South Carolina — Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93%
offered a brutal critique of his fellow presidential candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)80%
, for Rubio’s support of amnesty for illegal aliens.

In 2013, “Rubio teamed up with the Hillary Clinton wing [of the Democratic Party] on immigration, teamed up with Chuck Schumer on immigration,” Paul told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview here on Friday night over pizza and beer at Millstone Pizza and Taphouse.

“I think it’s been a little bit forgotten in some of the debate, but yeah—he was a part of the ‘Gang of Eight.’ At some point in time, he probably needs to be made to own it. He does own it. It is his baby, but he seems to have disowned his baby right now.”

Rubio has not been asked in any of the presidential debates about the only legislative accomplishment he’s had as a U.S. Senator — passing the ‘Gang of Eight’ amnesty bill through the U.S. Senate.

Paul thinks Rubio should be asked about that accomplishment during the upcoming debate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

“I think it should,” Paul said when asked about the immigration bill, along with the pending Pacific region free-trade bill. “There will be less people and the answers will be longer—90 seconds—so I’m hoping you do get more contrast between the candidates and that we have more of a chance to get involved. We’re very hopeful that this debate will—I’m sure everyone else says that too—be more helpful to our cause.”

The ‘Gang of Eight’ amnesty bill was championed by Rubio, along with Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Dick Durbin (D-IL), Bob Menendez (D-NJ), Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO)8%
, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)41%
, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ)41%
, and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)43%
. Debate on that issue can only help conservatives like Paul, and hurt candidates like Rubio and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/08/exclusive-rand-paul-marco-rubio-worked-with-democratic-hillary-clinton-wing-and-chuck-schumer-to-push-amnesty/

-virgil

Todd
11-09-2015, 08:15 AM
It's already clear that a Rubio / Clinton POTUS match guarantees amnesty one way or another.

LibertyEagle
11-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Be careful. This might cause those in this forum who just love the illegal alien invasion of our country to want to vote for Marco Rubio.

givemeliberty2010
11-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Rubio and Clinton could not guarantee anything on immigration because, other than enforcement, that is a legislative issue.