PDA

View Full Version : Obama's action against Keystone XL

givemeliberty2010
11-06-2015, 12:36 PM
What do you think of what President Obama did with regard to the Keystone XL pipeline? I'm not sure the pipeline is good. Besides my concern for the environment, the pipeline seems to be empowering Big Business. The environment and an opposition to business favoritism are both good classical liberal concerns, I believe.

nobody's_hero
11-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Well, I don't live in any of the states that the pipeline crosses through.

If the people there don't want it, then in a way I feel like it's none of my damn business. Or congress's or the president.

Let me add that I think there's much more going on behind the scenes. A president who cannot run again has nothing to lose by buttering the bread of a corporation that will take good care of him after he leaves office. Unless, another corporation were paying him better to reject this. That's just my tin foil speaking, though.

ILUVRP
11-06-2015, 05:27 PM
i had a farm , i would not want it going through my farm , farmers in neb don't want it going through their farms , even people in canada don't want it going through their farms

when it would get to the refinery in texas the refinery would stop refining gasoline and the price of our gasoline would go up , all the product would be shipped overseas .

in the US over 1000 oil rigs have already shut down because of the low price of crude , our frackers are losing money now .

i guess a couple thousand people would have jobs building it but once it is built very few people would be needed .

let them pump the tar sand oil thru canada .

something good to read this weekend ;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3302185/White-House-preparing-catastrophic-solar-flares-wipe-power-world-months-bringing-end-modern-civilization-know-it.html#ixzz3qXqlAQB6

sparebulb
11-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Barry might have done the right thing this time.

But as always, for the wrong reasons.

puppetmaster
11-06-2015, 05:47 PM
The pipeline in Alaska caused no horrible environmental damage.