PDA

View Full Version : Dad skips with kid '02 caught

tod evans
11-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Nary a word from either the child or the father just pro-government, evil father propaganda.......

Alabama Boy Who Went Missing In 2002 Found Alive

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/julian-hernandez-missing-found_563ac498e4b0307f2cac1721

In August 2002, 5-year-old Julian Hernandez vanished without a trace. His father was supposed to have taken the child to preschool that day, but the boy was never dropped off.

On Sunday, after 13 years, Hernandez was found alive in Cleveland, Ohio. He is now 18.

According to police, the boy’s father, 53-year-old Bobby Hernandez, has been arrested.

Vicki Anderson, a Cleveland-based FBI agent, told Al.com that the agency had "received information on Oct. 30 that a local teenager may be a missing child from Alabama."

The teen was found a couple of days later, safe and unharmed. The Vestavia Hills Police Department said his mother, who first reported his abduction, has been notified of his recovery.

Bobby Hernandez was arrested and has been charged with one count of tampering with records. Authorities in Ohio say an investigation is ongoing and additional charges are possible.

The father could also face charges in Jefferson County, Alabama in connection with the abduction.

Julian Hernandez was reported missing on August 28, 2002. At the time of the abduction, his dad, who did not have custody, was suspected by police to have been involved in the crime.

According to Lighting Their Way Home, a missing children database, the boy's father had agreed to take the child to preschool that day but is said to have withdrawn money from his bank accounts before fleeing. The father also took some of the boy’s possessions with them, including some clothing and a stuffed orca whale.

Authorities say that man and his son have apparently been living in Cleveland since then.

fisharmor
11-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Just remember, everyone, this is what the Amber Alert system is about.
They don't use it for kids that get snatched by some guy in a van (because that doesn't happen, and never did).
When they use that system they know what happened to the kid, they know who took the kid, they know where they were going a lot of the time, and they're putting out the Amber Alert to get us to do their damned job for them.
Because they sure as hell aren't going to let a "missing child" get in the way of issuing traffic tickets.

Dr. Dog
11-05-2015, 09:08 AM
I don't know how to feel about something like this. Yeah, the family law system is biased against fathers, but taking a kid from his mother for 13 years is cruel and wrong. Maybe she was a horrible mother (neglectful, drug addict, abusive..?) but the story makes no mention of that.

Cissy
11-07-2015, 07:58 AM
I don't know how to feel about something like this. Yeah, the family law system is biased against fathers, but taking a kid from his mother for 13 years is cruel and wrong. Maybe she was a horrible mother (neglectful, drug addict, abusive..?) but the story makes no mention of that.

This. Would taking a child away from the other parent become magically okay if a mother did the same thing?

People who do this are putting their desires above their kid's need for two healthy functional adults to remain actively in his life.

tod evans
11-07-2015, 09:23 AM
This. Would taking a child away from the other parent become magically okay if a mother did the same thing?

People who do this are putting their desires above their kid's need for two healthy functional adults to remain actively in his life.

There's not enough information in the article to substantiate that there was even a mother involved.

Given today's family court system the lad could have been forced to live with a foster family.

That's why I commented on no statement from either the father or the kid, they're the only two real people mentioned..........Unless government drones count as people.

Cissy
11-07-2015, 10:23 AM
There's not enough information in the article to substantiate that there was even a mother involved.

Given today's family court system the lad could have been forced to live with a foster family.

That's why I commented on no statement from either the father or the kid, they're the only two real people mentioned..........Unless government drones count as people.

From the article: "The Vestavia Hills Police Department said his mother, who first reported his abduction, has been notified of his recovery."

TheTexan
11-07-2015, 11:47 AM
It's stories like this that warm my heart. After 13 long years separated, the child is finally reunited with his loving government.

Almost brings a tear to my eye.

tod evans
11-07-2015, 12:15 PM
From the article: "The Vestavia Hills Police Department said his mother, who first reported his abduction, has been notified of his recovery."

I totally missed it.........:o