PDA

View Full Version : Help Rand with Audit the Fed: Write Your Senators

dusman
11-04-2015, 08:29 PM
It's important we help Rand where we can by applying the small amount of pressure we can by writing our Senators. Below is a sample format for you to write your senator to request their support of the new Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2015, that Rand is attempting to bring back up for vote.

Date

Your Name
Your Address
Your City, State, Zipcode
Your E-mail
Your Phone Number

The Honorable_________________________
United States Senate
Office Address of Senator

Dear Representative/Senator ____________________,

(In your first paragraph include personal information) I am very fortunate to havebeen provided with an excellent education that prepared me for the future. I currentlyhave children in both elementary and middle school. Recently, I have become veryconcerned about legislative impact on education. As a parent yourself, I am sure that youshare many of these concerns.

(Include facts) Research has shown that schools with strong school library mediaprograms have better rates of success. For example, in Alaska it was found that schoolswith a full time librarian scored higher on standardized tests than schools with only parttime librarians. These schools were able to have longer hours of operation, leading tohigher rates of circulation, thus impacting student achievement. Similar findings havebeen made in many other states across our country.

(State what you are asking for) I ask that you support (Insert name of bill here). Insupporting this bill funding will be provided that will support school library mediaprograms. This is a very small price to invest in the futures of our nations children. Allchildren should have the opportunity to achieve and develop skills necessary for thefuture. I believe that in supporting this bill you will impact the lives of countlesschildren.

Sincerely,

(Signature)

Your Name

It's best to write it in your own words, so that you can make a personal plea rather than a canned message. I encourage everyone to spend 15 minutes to complete this simple task and put it in the mail. It can go a long way.

Find Your Senator's Contact Information
http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/