PDA

View Full Version : Businessman likened to Trump wins Kentucky governor’s race

enhanced_deficit
11-04-2015, 07:41 AM
"Trump mania" shows no signs of abating:

Businessman who has been likened to Trump wins Kentucky governor’s race

Republicans win key votes on lection day

Novembe 3 at 8:26 PM
Republicans stole a key governor’s seat in a hotly contested race in Kentucky on Tuesday, installing an outsider businessman who has drawn comparisons to Donald Trump as the state’s next chief executive.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d0c_story.html

Democrats Blame 'Trump-Mania' for Matt Bevin Victory in Kentucky
Breitbart‎ - 10 hours ago
Democrats stunned by Matt Bevin's victory in the race for Kentucky governor blamed ...

RonPaulMall
11-04-2015, 09:10 AM
I've been saying this for a while. Trump-mania is going to get liberty republicans elected across the board all over this country this election cycle. The wave of ant-establishment voters is going to be tremendous, and our people are the best situated to take advantage of it.

William Tell
11-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Headline is dumb, although correct. Yes, Bevin has been compared to Trump. But he is an honorable man. Trump is a flip flopping buffoon.

klamath
11-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Trump is no longer even leading in the RCP average. Carson is now leading.

timosman
11-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Trump is no longer even leading in the RCP average. Carson is now leading.

wink, wink

Sola_Fide
11-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Matt Bevin is nothing like Donald Trump. The comparisons are ridiculous.

hells_unicorn
11-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Stupid headline, also blatantly untrue. Stylistically Bevin and Trump have nothing in common with each other, and prior to Trump announcing his candidacy a few months ago, the two had just about nothing in common with each other politically.

Sola_Fide
11-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Stupid headline, also blatantly untrue. Stylistically Bevin and Trump have nothing in common with each other, and prior to Trump announcing his candidacy a few months ago, the two had just about nothing in common with each other politically.

Politically there is nothing not much in common either.

Valli6
11-04-2015, 10:51 AM
"Businessman likened to Trump"
Yeah, mainly by Trump supporters! :rolleyes:
Saw tons of that in breitbart comments last night.

Fine - let the Trumpeteers go on believing that, as they help publicize Bevin's name and accomplishments!
Meanwhile, I recall that Matt Bevin was up front at Rand Paul's campaign announcement, so I think it's safe to assume that Bevin is still a Rand Paul supporter.

I'd guess Bevin will get a speech at the next CPAC, too. Would be a great chance to show the mutual support between Bevin, Rand and McConnell - and should finally quell those rants about Rand "selling out" by supporting McConnell "over Bevin".

Sola_Fide
11-04-2015, 11:32 AM
I've been saying this for a while. Trump-mania is going to get liberty republicans elected across the board all over this country this election cycle. The wave of ant-establishment voters is going to be tremendous, and our people are the best situated to take advantage of it.

Trump-mania isn't even going to get Trump elected. And that's good because he's not even a conservative.

Peace&Freedom
11-04-2015, 11:35 AM

Somebody gets it. Bevin has done what Rand should be doing, namely triangulate the anti establishment vote, without being preoccupied with being blatantly pro-Trump or anti-Trump. Worshipping Trump is not triangulating, attacking Trump is not triangulating. Bevin balanced things correctly and came off as an outsider-statesman, the sweet spot to victory.

r3volution 3.0
11-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Matt Bevin is nothing like Donald Trump. The comparisons are ridiculous.

Indeed, pathetic attempt to promote Trump.

...especially when it was Rand, alone among the candidates, who actually made an effort to help Bevin.

timosman
11-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Indeed, pathetic attempt to promote Trump.

...especially when it was Rand, alone among the candidates, who actually made an effort to help Bevin.

The race was in Kentucky so they can not ignore Paul that easily.

klamath
11-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Despite the fact Rand is the only presidential candidate that campaigned for Bevin, it is Rand home state, Rand started the movement in KY 6 years ago, Bevin is nothing like Trump issue wise or style wise, fucking Trump supporters are claiming Trump did it.

r3volution 3.0
11-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Despite the fact Rand is the only presidential candidate that campaigned for Bevin, it is Rand home state, Rand started the movement in KY 6 years ago, Bevin is nothing like Trump issue wise or style wise, fucking Trump supporters are claiming Trump did it.

I heard Trump rides across the sky every morning in his chariot to bring the Sun up..

helmuth_hubener
11-04-2015, 02:15 PM

Awesome!