PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on Donald Trump Winning the GOP Ticket: ‘I Would Want No Part of It’

mello
11-03-2015, 12:34 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/03/rand-paul-on-donald-trump-winning-the-gop-ticket-i-would-want-no-part-of-it.html

Liberty74
11-03-2015, 12:44 PM
Rand runs Indy

helmuth_hubener
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Well what about if Bush or Rubio wins? Why no objection to that?

ds21089
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Well what about if Bush or Rubio wins? Why no objection to that?

We need to accept that Rand is not a typical politician. He's a normal, caring person. He wasn't sent to school to learn how to craft every answer to the maximum "feel good, vote garnering" answer possible. He doesn't generally attack people unless it's the current topic at hand and is about something important. Also, having time to think of a good answer as we do after watching a video will almost always be better than one you have to answer right away on the spot.

helmuth_hubener
11-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Oh, I just read the article: it's because the interviewer was totally focused on Trump. So never mind.

But not never mind completely. Again, why not go out there and emphasize how he'll "have no part of it" if Bush or Rubio win? They are far, far, far worse, in my opinion.

helmuth_hubener
11-03-2015, 12:56 PM
We need to accept that Rand is not a typical politician. He's a normal, caring person. He wasn't sent to school to learn how to craft every answer to the maximum "feel good, vote garnering" answer possible. He doesn't generally attack people unless it's the current topic at hand and is about something important.

He has made the conscious, deliberate decision to trash-talk on Trump, and to trash-talk on Cruz.

If this is a calculated political decision, it is presumably this is because both Trump and Cruz are much more similar to him and thus appealing to his base and thus are a bigger threat. But it also feels like this may just be about personalities: Rand seems to just hate Trump, and to despise Cruz quite a bit also.

Maltheus
11-03-2015, 03:22 PM
He has made the conscious, deliberate decision to trash-talk on Trump, and to trash-talk on Cruz.

If this is a calculated political decision, it is presumably this is because both Trump and Cruz are much more similar to him and thus appealing to his base and thus are a bigger threat. But it also feels like this may just be about personalities: Rand seems to just hate Trump, and to despise Cruz quite a bit also.

I'll never understand this. He needs Cruz's support in the Senate and if Trump drops out, he needs those voters (whom he'll likely never get now). Going after these two has been a catastrophic mistake.

derek4ever
11-03-2015, 03:31 PM
I'll never understand this. He needs Cruz's support in the Senate and if Trump drops out, he needs those voters (whom he'll likely never get now). Going after these two has been a catastrophic mistake.

I agree! While i have no love for either of the 2, i think rand would've been better riding the anti establishment ride and either go after jeb, christie, rubio and kasich or just mind his own business and just promote his brand. :)