PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Congressman Tancredo Quits Republican Party Over Boehner Budget Deal

BarryDonegan
11-02-2015, 12:03 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/tancredo-quits-republican-party/

Calling the Boehner budget deal the "last straw," former Republican Congressman Tom Tancredo cited what he described as the GOP establishment's lack of concern on spending, immigration, and national sovereignty issues as reasons why he is parting ways with the party.

jmdrake
11-02-2015, 12:13 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/tancredo-quits-republican-party/

Calling the Boehner budget deal the "last straw," former Republican Congressman Tom Tancredo cited what he described as the GOP establishment's lack of concern on spending, immigration, and national sovereignty issues as reasons why he is parting ways with the party.

Prelude to a Tancredo third party run? Maybe as a member of the Constitutionalist party? Tancredo is good on being against the drug war. (He led the fight for decriminalization of marijuana against the infamous one time CFL backed Ken Buck.) I'm not a fan of him on foreign policy (at least from what I remember him saying back in 2008).

Edit: Hmmmm.....from the above linked article this:

The Denver Post notes that Tancredo previously left the Republican Party in 2010 for a run for Colorado governor under the Constitution Party’s banner, but rejoined the GOP in 2011. Tancredo was also reportedly recently involved in a failed effort to oust the chairman of the Colorado Republican Party

and this:

Tancredo added that he still intends to support Republican candidate and Senator from Texas Ted Cruz for president in 2016, but that he will be rallying independents to support Cruz’s campaign.

“What I will do instead is join the largest political group in the nation, unaffiliated Independents. In Colorado, they outnumber both ‘major’ political parties,” said Tancredo.

The constitution party candidate in 2008, Chuck Baldwin, ultimately got Ron Paul's endorsement after libertarian Bob Barr decided to be an ass. One would think that would make someone who joined (at least temporarily) the constitution party an ally of Rand Paul rather than of Ted Cruz.

Ronin Truth
11-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Any excuses will do. And those are better than most.

fr33
11-02-2015, 07:54 PM
He'll be back.

Batman
11-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Prelude to a Tancredo third party run? Maybe as a member of the Constitutionalist party? Tancredo is good on being against the drug war. (He led the fight for decriminalization of marijuana against the infamous one time CFL backed Ken Buck.) I'm not a fan of him on foreign policy (at least from what I remember him saying back in 2008).

Edit: Hmmmm.....from the above linked article this:

The Denver Post notes that Tancredo previously left the Republican Party in 2010 for a run for Colorado governor under the Constitution Party’s banner, but rejoined the GOP in 2011. Tancredo was also reportedly recently involved in a failed effort to oust the chairman of the Colorado Republican Party

and this:

Tancredo added that he still intends to support Republican candidate and Senator from Texas Ted Cruz for president in 2016, but that he will be rallying independents to support Cruz’s campaign.

“What I will do instead is join the largest political group in the nation, unaffiliated Independents. In Colorado, they outnumber both ‘major’ political parties,” said Tancredo.

The constitution party candidate in 2008, Chuck Baldwin, ultimately got Ron Paul's endorsement after libertarian Bob Barr decided to be an ass. One would think that would make someone who joined (at least temporarily) the constitution party an ally of Rand Paul rather than of Ted Cruz.

He explicitly told supporters that Ron Paul is not an ally because of foreign policy. This guy wants to wipe out the desert with nukes. Maybe China too.

ZENemy
11-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Statist gonna state.