PDA

View Full Version : World record for fastest response, most libertarian Halloween costume 2015

PRB
11-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Do you recognize this costume? You should. This man was killed on Friday, and somebody honored his death with a costume as early as Saturday just in time for Halloween.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/02/00/2E06319C00000578-0-image-a-49_1446424891834.jpg

Remember Richard Pananian, 20 year old American who reminds us that we have the FREEDOM to drive without seat belts. Seat belt laws are Fascist and infringe on our right to drive at our own risk. There is no evidence that seat belts save lives or make us safer. This man was an adult execercising his right to freedom and harming nobody. Statistics show that 90%+ of fatal car accidents happen to people wearing seat belts, therefore it logically follows that not wearing seat belts do not cause most accidents and actually make us SAFER. This man was unlucky, but his case in an EXCEPTION, not the rule.

He's a true libertarian martyr of our age.

http://kutv.com/resources/media/317ff787-fe26-4456-a562-4c8e4bda7935-large16x9_Richard.JPG?1446256101537

https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/crash22.jpg

don't let his family, the media or the government scare you into mandator seat belts, WE HAVE RIGHTS.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-family-burbank-man-launched-onto-freeway-sign-20151102-story.html

Anti Federalist
11-02-2015, 12:07 PM
He was required to wear one.

So what's your point?

And what's your solution?

Let me guess, more cops and roadblocks.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2015, 12:09 PM
And that article you linked reads like The Onion.

On Oct. 25, family member had done a lamb sacrifice for Pananian to protect him from evil, the post said.

WTF?

timosman
11-02-2015, 12:12 PM
http://www.latimes.com/la-bio-brittny-mejia-staff.html

http://www.trbimg.com/img-545c07e2/turbine/la-bio-brittny-mejia/400/400x225

Brittny Mejia joined the Los Angeles Times as a Metpro trainee in 2014. Previously, she worked at the Arizona Republic, the Arizona Daily Star and the Oakland Tribune, among other publications. Don’t bother asking where she’s from because she’s a military brat and won’t be able to give you a straight answer. She can, however, tell you she graduated from the University of Arizona. Bear Down!

brushfire
11-02-2015, 12:14 PM
I wear mine... Not sure if this thread is supposed to be funny or not. The content doesnt strike me as a topic that is humorous, but I still agree about the liberty aspect. Some of the content in this thread would make for a good educational campaign promoting seat bets. Why is that not enough?

Seems like th law failed the deceased - maybe they can pass another law? If anything, it might give the government more revenue opportunities right? As long as there is a good intention somewhere in there, why not? The truth is, how does a law offer a more compelling reason than the risk of life or limb?

IMO - its all just another play for the government - they honestly dont give 2 fks about whether people are safe.

PRB
11-02-2015, 12:18 PM
He was required to wear one.

So what's your point?

And what's your solution?

Let me guess, more cops and roadblocks.

I'm well aware he was told by the stupid law to wear one, but he didn't, and good for him, he made his choice like any good man should. He was harming nobody, NO VICTIM NO CRIME.

My point is he's a role model and we should remember him.

There is no "solution" as there is no problem, the only problem is cops harassing people for victimless "crimes", fining people who harmed nobody. Of course I am against more cops and roadblocks, why would you even suggest that? Seat belt laws, helmet laws, speed limits, DUI laws are all government overreach against free people traveling in peace, I'm against all of them, and so should you.

PRB
11-02-2015, 12:20 PM
I wear mine... Not sure if this thread is supposed to be funny or not. The content doesnt strike me as a topic that is humorous, but I still agree about the liberty aspect. Some of the content in this thread would make for a good educational campaign promoting seat bets. Why is that not enough?

There's nothing funny about people harassed for not wearing seat belts. There should be no further propaganda (or you call "education") if nobody is harmed but the person himself.

Seems like th law failed the deceased - maybe they can pass another law?

Fuck that, no new laws, LESS laws and MORE freedom

If anything, it might give the government more revenue opportunities right? As long as there is a good intention somewhere in there, why not? The truth is, how does a law offer a more compelling reason than the risk of life or limb?

It doesn't, freedom is a human right and nothing justifies more laws.

IMO - its all just another play for the government - they honestly dont give 2 fks about whether people are safe.

Yeah, it's a conspiracy to scare people into more laws. Be aware that this martyr would not want more people lives saved just so more can be fined by Fascist pigs in blue.

brushfire
11-02-2015, 12:32 PM
There's nothing funny about people harassed for not wearing seat belts. There should be no further propaganda (or you call "education") if nobody is harmed but the person himself.

Fuck that, no new laws, LESS laws and MORE freedom

It doesn't, freedom is a human right and nothing justifies more laws.

Yeah, it's a conspiracy to scare people into more laws. Be aware that this martyr would not want more people lives saved just so more can be fined by Fascist pigs in blue.

Yea... funny thread. You might call yourself a libertarian - people call themselves all sorts of things. What I can say is that I agree with you on some things, but for reasons that are entirely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4DPI1hegc

Influenza
11-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Big logical fallacies OP

ClydeCoulter
11-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Did that car burn up? Not sure he would have made it with a seat belt either.

CT4Liberty
11-02-2015, 01:06 PM
OP - there is already a law against this (and this is California, I imagine its ridiculously harsh) and he still is dead... should we post an article about every person who wore their seatbelt and still died in car accidents? Should the politicians who wrote the seat belt laws be held liable if I wear seatbelt and still die in an accident? What exactly is the solution here that you're looking for since you clearly have an agenda with this thread, yet you do not seem to understand fully about statistics or freedom.

PRB
11-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Yea... funny thread. You might call yourself a libertarian - people call themselves all sorts of things. What I can say is that I agree with you on some things, but for reasons that are entirely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4DPI1hegc

Go ahead and tell me what's un-libertarian about what I said. The beauty of liberty is we can disagree on what reasons we have, but we agree we should have liberty and freedom and choice.

PRB
11-02-2015, 01:12 PM
OP - there is already a law against this (and this is California, I imagine its ridiculously harsh) and he still is dead... should we post an article about every person who wore their seatbelt and still died in car accidents?

No. We shouldn't. I DON'T want the law against driving w/o belt, because it's none of the government's business AND there's no evidence that seat belts make us safer (all the studies that say they do are funded by lobbyists for more laws).

He is not "still dead" you really missed the point, his death is an EXCEPTION. Most people don't die just because they don't buckle. 90% if not more fatal accidents happen to people BUCKLED UP. So facts are not on the law's side, it's on the side of FREEDOM.

Should the politicians who wrote the seat belt laws be held liable if I wear seatbelt and still die in an accident?

YES. Politicians should be liable for all laws they wrote

What exactly is the solution here that you're looking for since you clearly have an agenda with this thread, yet you do not seem to understand fully about statistics or freedom.

For there to be a solution you must first ask me what the problem is. If you think my "problem" is that people die from car accidents, you're dead wrong (no pun intended). The PROBLEM I have is GOVERNMENT. I want LESS LAWS, I don't care if it means less deaths or more deaths, freedom to die is a choice, risk and freedom. I want people to continue driving without seat belts, helmets and speed limits,we have the right to risk our lives.

I want people to not take his death as an excuse for more laws.

Acala
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM
I am 100% against mandatory seat belt laws. But there is no question in my mind that a seat belt saved my life in a roll over. And my informal observation of the news reports suggests that in roll overs, those who get ejected die and those who don't live. I have no opinion about other types of accident.

PRB
11-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I am 100% against mandatory seat belt laws. But there is no question in my mind that a seat belt saved my life in a roll over.

Yeah, well your anecdote doesn't mean shit in the big picture of statistics. Either way, as long as you don't force me to wear one, I don't care what you believe.

And my informal observation of the news reports suggests that in roll overs, those who get ejected die and those who don't live. I have no opinion about other types of accident.

That's fine, at least we agree the government has no business forcing people to wear seat belts.

CT4Liberty
11-02-2015, 01:31 PM
No. We shouldn't. I DON'T want the law against driving w/o belt, because it's none of the government's business AND there's no evidence that seat belts make us safer (all the studies that say they do are funded by lobbyists for more laws).

He is not "still dead" you really missed the point, his death is an EXCEPTION. Most people don't die just because they don't buckle. 90% if not more fatal accidents happen to people BUCKLED UP. So facts are not on the law's side, it's on the side of FREEDOM.

YES. Politicians should be liable for all laws they wrote

For there to be a solution you must first ask me what the problem is. If you think my "problem" is that people die from car accidents, you're dead wrong (no pun intended). The PROBLEM I have is GOVERNMENT. I want LESS LAWS, I don't care if it means less deaths or more deaths, freedom to die is a choice, risk and freedom. I want people to continue driving without seat belts, helmets and speed limits,we have the right to risk our lives.

I want people to not take his death as an excuse for more laws.

I will say that your OP does not read that way at all to me... seems like a sarcastic attempt to make fun of people who don't believe in seatbelt laws, so I apologize if I took what you mean differently.

PRB
11-02-2015, 01:41 PM
I will say that your OP does not read that way at all to me... seems like a sarcastic attempt to make fun of people who don't believe in seatbelt laws, so I apologize if I took what you mean differently.

You don't seem like the only person who took it that way as somebody asked me if I wanted more laws. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear about how much I hate laws and how much i hate stupid people using tragedies to beg for more government. I am grateful there are people here who have brains and don't let sensational news stories change their minds.

PRB
11-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Did that car burn up? Not sure he would have made it with a seat belt either.

which is exactly my point, seat belts don't protect you, therefore they shouldn't be mandatory.

Acala
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Yeah, well your anecdote doesn't mean shit in the big picture of statistics.

I must have missed the statistics in your post. And I don't mean the made-up ones.

Bern
11-02-2015, 02:30 PM
... how much i hate stupid people using tragedies to beg for more government. ...

While I agree with this sentiment, seatbelt laws are not a result of this process. They exist because insurance companies want govco to help their bottom line (and they lobbied for them). Seatbelts don't "make us safer" in the sense that they prevent accidents. They do help minimize the damage that results from accidents (which reduces the costs of care and thus insurance payouts).

Seat belt laws, mandatory speed limits, etc. are not consistent with a rigorous application of libertarian thought, but good luck convincing govco to repeal them. Joe Public isn't as hardcore about libertarian philosophy as most peeps here. Without a groundswell of support from the public, no Rep is going to push for repeal and face "Why do you want to kill teenagers?" propaganda come reelection time.

brushfire
11-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Go ahead and tell me what's un-libertarian about what I said. The beauty of liberty is we can disagree on what reasons we have, but we agree we should have liberty and freedom and choice.

It really wont make a difference for you - I respond more to whomever may be roaming the internet and have the misfortune of stepping in this pile of dung you spawned.

First, I question your motives here... Shocker, right? Also, you have the freedom to say and portray yourself in whatever light you wish to - still you don't have the right to include my endorsement.

I take issue with your suggesting that a tasteless Halloween costume being a "most libertarian costume". How do you know that guy is not a democrat? Did you take a poll? Was that you in the costume?

don't let his family, the media or the government scare you into mandator seat belts, WE HAVE RIGHTS.

The death of this man is a tragedy, IMO. Empowering government under the guise of preventing such things is also a tragedy, IMO.

Remember Richard Pananian, 20 year old American who reminds us that we have the FREEDOM to drive without seat belts. Seat belt laws are Fascist and infringe on our right to drive at our own risk.

I'm not sure why you're so amp'd about the death of this young man. Martyr? Was he a libertarian? I'm not celebrating his decision to not wear a seatbelt, or his death. May others benefit from his misfortune? God, I hope so. Such a young buck - way too early to die.

There is no evidence that seat belts save lives or make us safer.

This is not true, but what is its relevance? So as a libertarian, you would agree to the laws if there was evidence that seat belts make people safer? The safety is not the issue for most libertarians, its the government control that comes with "good intentions".

This man was an adult execercising his right to freedom and harming nobody.

Was this man not wearing his seatbelt in protest? Did he just forget to wear it? Was it broken? Not sure how you can make this claim, or why you would be trying to make a political statement out of someone's unfortunate demise.

Statistics show that 90%+ of fatal car accidents happen to people wearing seat belts, therefore it logically follows that not wearing seat belts do not cause most accidents and actually make us SAFER.

89% of all statistics are made up on the spot right? I dont know your source of statistics, but I would suggest evaluating the source.

This man was unlucky, but his case in an EXCEPTION, not the rule.

He's a true libertarian martyr of our age.

The point isnt that freedom introduces some kind of dependency on luck. Most libertarians I know are independent and free thinkers. I dont have any statistical data for you, but I bet you'll find more libertarians who evaluate risk as part of their life decision making process than people from other political parties.

Acala
11-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Seat belt laws, mandatory speed limits, etc. are not consistent with a rigorous application of libertarian thought Government roads are not consistent with rigorous application of libertarian thought.

UWDude
11-02-2015, 03:14 PM
So basically, you thought the costume was funny, and wanted to maek a thread about it. (the costume is kind of funny).

helmuth_hubener
11-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Government roads are not consistent with rigorous application of libertarian thought.

Exactly, that is the heart of it, cutting through all the junk.

Look, guys, PRB hasn't posted in a while so you are getting caught by him. PRB's schtick is to pretend to be libertarian and present libertarian positions in the most unsympathetic way possible, in the most ridiculous light possible. Thus: "We hate seat belt laws with a ferocious passion, that's #1 priority for us libertarians, so people who get killed in car wrecks not wearing seat belts are libertarian heroes! Derp, derp."

PRB
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
So basically, you thought the costume was funny, and wanted to maek a thread about it. (the costume is kind of funny).

Not so much funny as important. Richard is a hero and we should remember a martyr who exercised his choice against government intrusion.

PRB
11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Exactly, that is the heart of it, cutting through all the junk.

Look, guys, PRB hasn't posted in a while so you are getting caught by him. PRB's schtick is to pretend to be libertarian and present libertarian positions in the most unsympathetic way possible, in the most ridiculous light possible. Thus: "We hate seat belt laws with a ferocious passion, that's #1 priority for us libertarians, so people who get killed in car wrecks not wearing seat belts are libertarian heroes! Derp, derp."

I never said it was top priority, but it's in the news so I mention it. But yes, he's a martyr/hero for freedom, his death will be used by liberal idiots who want to exploit it for their own gain.

PRB
11-02-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure why you're so amp'd about the death of this young man. Martyr? Was he a libertarian? I'm not celebrating his decision to not wear a seatbelt, or his death. May others benefit from his misfortune? God, I hope so. Such a young buck - way too early to die.

I didn't ask if he identify as libertarian, but his actions speaks for himself. I am ampd up because liberals and commies and fascists are going to use this as an excuse to pass more laws.

timosman
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
All libertarians in this thread are being taken for a ride by PRB. Where is my popcorn? :rolleyes:

UWDude
11-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Not so much funny as important. Richard is a hero and we should remember a martyr who exercised his choice against government intrusion.

Yeah yeah yeah. I get the joke, I'm just not laughing. Not because I am offended, but simply because it is not funny.
Of course, if I agreed with you, I would have just moved on, and not told you it's not funny, but since I think you are a POS, I am also going to tell you you are a SOB and you aren't funny.

I'll laugh at anything. I love racist jokes.... ...IF THEY ARE FUNNY.

So come PRB, you clown, make us laugh! Go on! Make us laugh!

I can't wait for the next witty post to come from you, make it good!

PRB
11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
I take issue with your suggesting that a tasteless Halloween costume being a "most libertarian costume". How do you know that guy is not a democrat? Did you take a poll? Was that you in the costume?

Because people and things are libertarian by facts and acts, not self identification alone.

PRB
11-02-2015, 04:06 PM
you would agree to the laws if there was evidence that seat belts make people safer?

Nope, just like I wouldn't agree with laws regulating CO2 regardless of whether it causes global warming or cooling.

UWDude
11-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Come in man! Timing, buddy! You gotta say something witty soon, your audience is waiting!
I know, how about you google search some cliche inspirational poster? Maybe that will work.

timosman
11-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Nope, just like I wouldn't agree with laws regulating CO2 regardless of whether it causes global warming or cooling.

PRB is going all out, slow thinking libertarians finally are catching with him. This is fun!