PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates-"Private sector too selfish and inefficient" to solve CO2 emissions

Anti Federalist
11-01-2015, 10:34 PM
And then contradicts himself, by saying that the only reason "old" technology keeps plodding along is because of the regulatory burden has mostly been met.

Brilliant: so create more regulations, then bemoan the fact that nobody can get anything done other than government, that exempts itself from its own regulations.

There is the perfect example of the third troika of man's basic wants, embodied in the form of Gates:

Exercising petty power over their fellow man.

Rocked in the poisonous cradle of his own insanely large ego, and able to influence the system by virtue of his massive wealth, he personifies the Social Justice Warrior:

"Do what I say is good for you, or else".

Bill Gates says that capitalism cannot save us from climate change

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/bill-gates-says-that-capitalism-cannot-save-us-from-climate-change--b1xNpbL8O_x

The world’s richest man, Bill Gates, has said that the private sector is too selfish and inefficient to produce effective energy alternatives to fossil fuels.

While announcing his plan to spend $2 billion of his own wealth on green energy during an interview with The Atlantic, the Microsoft founder called on fellow billionaires to help make the US fossil-free by 2050 with similar philanthropy.

He said:

There’s no fortune to be made. Even if you have a new energy source that costs the same as today’s and emits no CO2, it will be uncertain compared with what’s tried-and-true and already operating at unbelievable scale and has gotten through all the regulatory problems.

Without a substantial carbon tax, there’s no incentive for innovators or plant buyers to switch.

Since World War II, US-government R&D has defined the state of the art in almost every area. The private sector is in general inept.

The climate problem has to be solved in the rich countries. China and the US and Europe have to solve CO2 emissions, and when they do, hopefully they’ll make it cheap enough for everyone else.

In recent years, China has surged ahead of the US and Europe in green investment, despite remaining the world’s most polluting country in terms of fossil fuels.

Between 2000 and 2012, China’s solar energy output rose from 3 to 21,000 megawatts, rising 67 per cent between 2013 and 2014. In 2014 the country’s CO2 emissions decreased 1 per cent.

Meanwhile, Germany’s greenhouse emissions are at the lowest point since 1990, and the UK has seen a decrease of 13.35 per cent in emissions over the last five years, according to official quarterly statistics from the Department of Energy & Climate Change.

Anti Federalist
11-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Just to go on the record one more time:

If the Senate ratifies president, by kingly fiat and decree, agrees to the UN Paris climate accord at the end of next month, you can forget about any notion of individual freedom, ever, worldwide.

This is not a step toward global government, it IS global government.

Nothing, let me repeat, NOTHING you do will be outside the realm of regulation, control or banning.

In the years following adoption of this accord you will see everything from restrictions on amount and type of travel, all the way to the banning of campfires, fireplaces and woodstoves and everything in between.

All at the hands of un-elected and un-representative UN bureaucrats.

Duly warned, says I

oyarde
11-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Fuck .

Pauls' Revere
11-01-2015, 11:33 PM
I guess the Gates Foundation will be donating to the Bernie Sanders PAC?

Pauls' Revere
11-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Fuck .

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/27/us/politics/obama-pursuing-climate-accord-in-lieu-of-treaty.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is working to forge a sweeping international climate change agreement to compel nations to cut their planet-warming fossil fuel emissions, but without ratification from Congress.

In preparation for this agreement, to be signed at a United Nations summit meeting in 2015 in Paris, the negotiators are meeting with diplomats from other countries to broker a deal to commit some of the world’s largest economies to enact laws to reduce their carbon pollution. But under the Constitution, a president may enter into a legally binding treaty only if it is approved by a two-thirds majority of the Senate.

To sidestep that requirement, President Obama’s climate negotiators are devising what they call a “politically binding” deal that would “name and shame” countries into cutting their emissions. The deal is likely to face strong objections from Republicans on Capitol Hill and from poor countries around the world, but negotiators say it may be the only realistic path.

ghengis86
11-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Fuck .

This.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2015, 12:07 AM
In preparation for this agreement, to be signed at a United Nations summit meeting in 2015 in Paris, the negotiators are meeting with diplomats from other countries to broker a deal to commit some of the world’s largest economies to enact laws to reduce their carbon pollution.

But under the Constitution, a president may enter into a legally binding treaty only if it is approved by a two-thirds majority of the Senate.

To sidestep that requirement, President Obama’s climate negotiators are devising what they call a “politically binding” deal that would “name and shame” countries into cutting their emissions. The deal is likely to face strong objections from Republicans on Capitol Hill and from poor countries around the world, but negotiators say it may be the only realistic path.

Heh, well, there you go, no Senate ratification needed.

I'm sure the government judges will tell the government lawyers that the government's president is acting legally and is in compliance with the CONstitution.

Move along now.

Weston White
11-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Ah yes, the “name and shame” method. My goodness, junior high was such fun wasn't it!

Ronin Truth
11-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Then just bug the hell off, multibillionaire hypocrite dupe of the commies. :p :mad:

jllundqu
11-02-2015, 10:17 AM
I fully expect Mr. Gates to live in squalor without the modern conveniences billions of dollars provides.

This fucking guy.... first he pushes massive population control vaccination programs worldwide now wants to end nation states.... being a billionaire must be fun!

VIDEODROME
11-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Did this guy somehow forget what it was like being grilled by the government over Anti-Trust?

https://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4d83aa7b4bd7c8b067010000/nine-years-after-its-antitrust-settlement-one-judge-is-still-watching-microsoft-like-a-hawk.jpg

paleocon1
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
I guess the Gates Foundation will be donating to the Bernie Sanders PAC?

The Gates Foundation is owned by the CIA. Bill is a mere front and has been since he was a young man.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Did this guy somehow forget what it was like being grilled by the government over Anti-Trust?

Like Winston Smith, he has come to understand the error of his ways, and now loves Big Brother.

cajuncocoa
11-02-2015, 12:14 PM
I fully expect Mr. Gates to live in squalor without the modern conveniences billions of dollars provides.

This fucking guy.... first he pushes massive population control vaccination programs worldwide now wants to end nation states.... being a billionaire must be fun!For those following the "men abandoning marriage" thread THIS is eugenics.

jmdrake
11-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Right. Bill Gates gets heated sidewalks and driveways and you can't turn up your heat cause..climate change.

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2015, 12:43 PM

https://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4d83aa7b4bd7c8b067010000/nine-years-after-its-antitrust-settlement-one-judge-is-still-watching-microsoft-like-a-hawk.jpg

He learned well from that lesson.

heavenlyboy34
11-02-2015, 01:16 PM
I still don't see a problem with climate change-especially if it's warming. It means longer growing seasons, more abundant and cheaper food, fewer people starving, and so on that the enviro-commies used to care about.

heavenlyboy34
11-02-2015, 01:19 PM

This fucking guy.... first he pushes massive population control vaccination programs worldwide now wants to end nation states.... being a billionaire must be fun!

Only if you buy friends in powerful places.

timosman
11-02-2015, 01:42 PM
He learned well from that lesson.

This wasn't his first lesson: ( I have no explanation for the difference in collar layout in these two photos )

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01899/bill-gates_1899522i.jpg

Anti Federalist
11-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Since World War II, US-government R&D has defined the state of the art in almost every area. The private sector is in general inept.

Wrong again Bill.

Some of the most advanced technology on the planet was developed by and is routinely used for the very thing you are whinging about: oil drilling.

stuntman stoll
11-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Well he is sorta right. The human misery and poverty caused by the absence of capitalism/freedom does correlate with lower co2 production. N. Korea produces no co2 because everyone other than the ruling class is starving.
However, human produced co2 probably has nothing to do with anything except making plants grow better. Co2 is a minor greenhouse gas, and nature produces more of that than humans. The global temperature has gone up and down in the absence of humans. Scientists have no idea how the feedback mechanisms work in such a complex systems. We know their models are bunk being that the earths temperature was suposed to be going up during the last 18 years, but is hasn't.
Even if humans "are" causing global warming, that is not grounds for enslaving and impoverishing people more that they already are.
So go eat a dick, Gates.

TheNewYorker
11-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Bill is right.

But regulations are not the answer.

The govt should give tax breaks or something to companies that go green.

fisharmor
11-03-2015, 04:48 PM
The guy who has burned up billions of man-hours, probably more than any other single person in the history of mankind, by redesigning interfaces that weren't fucking broken and forcing everyone to learn new workflows;
The guy who has wasted untold billions of watts of electricity rounding corners and making shit transparent;
The man who has lined his pockets through planned obsolescence and market dominance at the cost of real usability;

Now wants to lecture us on efficiency.....

What a fucking piece of work.

TheNewYorker
11-03-2015, 05:03 PM
The guy who has burned up billions of man-hours, probably more than any other single person in the history of mankind, by redesigning interfaces that weren't fucking broken and forcing everyone to learn new workflows;
The guy who has wasted untold billions of watts of electricity rounding corners and making shit transparent;
The man who has lined his pockets through planned obsolescence and market dominance at the cost of real usability;

Now wants to lecture us on efficiency.....

What a fucking piece of work.

They say you best learn from experience.

I guess he of all people would know.