PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for Ryan speakership

sparebulb
10-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Roll Call 581

Of note: Amash voted for Ryan

Only 9 members voted to improve from the status quo.

Webster 9 votes:

Brat
Clawson (FL)
Gohmert
Gosar
Jones
Massie
Posey
Weber (TX)
Yoho

Pelosi 184 votes:

Adams
Aguilar
Ashford
Bass
Beatty
Becerra
Bera
Beyer
Bishop (GA)
Blumenauer
Bonamici
Boyle, Brendan F.
Brady (PA)
Brown (FL)
Brownley (CA)
Bustos
Butterfield
Capps
Capuano
Cárdenas
Carney
Carson (IN)
Cartwright
Castor (FL)
Castro (TX)
Chu, Judy
Cicilline
Clark (MA)
Clarke (NY)
Clay
Cleaver
Clyburn
Cohen
Connolly
Conyers
Costa
Courtney
Crowley
Cuellar
Cummings
Davis (CA)
Davis, Danny
DeFazio
DeGette
Delaney
DeLauro
DelBene
DeSaulnier
Deutch
Dingell
Doggett
Doyle, Michael F.
Duckworth
Edwards
Ellison
Engel
Eshoo
Esty
Farr
Fattah
Foster
Frankel (FL)
Fudge
Gabbard
Gallego
Garamendi
Grayson
Green, Al
Green, Gene
Grijalva
Gutiérrez
Hahn
Hastings
Heck (WA)
Higgins
Himes
Hinojosa
Honda
Hoyer
Huffman
Israel
Jackson Lee
Jeffries
Johnson (GA)
Johnson, E. B.
Kaptur
Keating
Kelly (IL)
Kennedy
Kildee
Kilmer
Kind
Kirkpatrick
Kuster
Langevin
Larsen (WA)
Larson (CT)
Lawrence
Lee
Levin
Lewis
Lieu, Ted
Lipinski
Loebsack
Lofgren
Lowenthal
Lowey
Lujan Grisham (NM)
Luján, Ben Ray (NM)
Lynch
Maloney, Carolyn
Maloney, Sean
Matsui
McCollum
McDermott
McGovern
McNerney
Meng
Moore
Moulton
Murphy (FL)
Nadler
Napolitano
Neal
Nolan
Norcross
O'Rourke
Pallone
Pascrell
Payne
Pelosi
Perlmutter
Peters
Peterson
Pingree
Pocan
Polis
Price (NC)
Quigley
Rangel
Rice (NY)
Richmond
Roybal-Allard
Ruiz
Ruppersberger
Rush
Ryan (OH)
Sánchez, Linda T.
Sanchez, Loretta
Sarbanes
Schakowsky
Schiff
Schrader
Scott (VA)
Scott, David
Serrano
Sewell (AL)
Sherman
Sires
Slaughter
Smith (WA)
Speier
Swalwell (CA)
Takai
Takano
Thompson (CA)
Thompson (MS)
Titus
Tonko
Torres
Tsongas
Van Hollen
Vargas
Veasey
Vela
Velázquez
Visclosky
Walz
Wasserman Schultz
Waters, Maxine
Watson Coleman
Welch
Wilson (FL)
Yarmuth

Ryan 236 votes:

Abraham
Aderholt
Allen
Amash
Amodei
Babin
Barletta
Barr
Barton
Benishek
Bilirakis
Bishop (MI)
Bishop (UT)
Black
Blackburn
Blum
Boehner
Bost
Boustany
Brady (TX)
Bridenstine
Brooks (AL)
Brooks (IN)
Buchanan
Buck
Bucshon
Burgess
Byrne
Calvert
Carter (GA)
Carter (TX)
Chabot
Chaffetz
Coffman
Cole
Collins (GA)
Collins (NY)
Comstock
Conaway
Cook
Costello (PA)
Cramer
Crawford
Crenshaw
Culberson
Curbelo (FL)
Davis, Rodney
Denham
Dent
DeSantis
DesJarlais
Diaz-Balart
Dold
Donovan
Duffy
Duncan (SC)
Duncan (TN)
Ellmers (NC)
Emmer (MN)
Farenthold
Fincher
Fitzpatrick
Fleischmann
Fleming
Flores
Forbes
Fortenberry
Foxx
Franks (AZ)
Frelinghuysen
Garrett
Gibbs
Gibson
Goodlatte
Gowdy
Granger
Graves (GA)
Graves (LA)
Graves (MO)
Griffith
Grothman
Guinta
Guthrie
Hanna
Hardy
Harper
Harris
Hartzler
Heck (NV)
Hensarling
Herrera Beutler
Hice, Jody B.
Hill
Holding
Hudson
Huelskamp
Huizenga (MI)
Hultgren
Hunter
Hurd (TX)
Hurt (VA)
Issa
Jenkins (KS)
Jenkins (WV)
Johnson (OH)
Johnson, Sam
Jolly
Jordan
Joyce
Katko
Kelly (MS)
Kelly (PA)
King (IA)
King (NY)
Kinzinger (IL)
Kline
Knight
Labrador
LaHood
LaMalfa
Lamborn
Lance
Latta
LoBiondo
Long
Loudermilk
Love
Lucas
Luetkemeyer
Lummis
MacArthur
Marchant
Marino
McCarthy
McCaul
McClintock
McHenry
McKinley
McMorris Rodgers
McSally
Meadows
Meehan
Messer
Mica
Miller (FL)
Miller (MI)
Moolenaar
Mooney (WV)
Mullin
Mulvaney
Murphy (PA)
Neugebauer
Newhouse
Noem
Nugent
Nunes
Olson
Palazzo
Palmer
Paulsen
Pearce
Perry
Pittenger
Pitts
Poe (TX)
Poliquin
Pompeo
Price, Tom
Ratcliffe
Reed
Reichert
Renacci
Ribble
Rice (SC)
Rigell
Roby
Roe (TN)
Rogers (AL)
Rogers (KY)
Rohrabacher
Rokita
Rooney (FL)
Ros-Lehtinen
Roskam
Ross
Rothfus
Rouzer
Royce
Russell
Salmon
Sanford
Scalise
Schweikert
Scott, Austin
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Shimkus
Shuster
Simpson
Smith (MO)
Smith (NE)
Smith (NJ)
Smith (TX)
Stefanik
Stewart
Stivers
Stutzman
Thompson (PA)
Thornberry
Tiberi
Tipton
Trott
Turner
Upton
Valadao
Wagner
Walberg
Walden
Walker
Walorski
Walters, Mimi
Wenstrup
Westerman
Westmoreland
Whitfield
Williams
Wilson (SC)
Wittman
Womack
Woodall
Yoder
Young (AK)
Young (IA)
Young (IN)
Zeldin
Zinke

Cooper voted for Colin Powell

Graham voted for Cooper

Mr.NoSmile
10-29-2015, 02:14 PM
You know, you could post a link and save us and yourself an unnecessarily long post.

TaftFan
10-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Doesn't matter to me really. Ryan was going to get it. Start on a fresh footing and hope for the best.

Brian4Liberty
10-29-2015, 03:04 PM
LOL at all Democrats voting for Pelosi. What a bunch of whipped sheep.

presence
10-29-2015, 03:14 PM
has amash explained his position yet?

Wilf
10-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Yup and here it is:

Over the past month, I have emphasized that we need a new speaker who will ensure that the legislative process is open to all representatives. In an op-ed for CNN.com (http://cnn.com/), I identified the failings of our current leadership team and described how we can change course for the better.
With these considerations in mind, the House Freedom Caucus (https://www.facebook.com/freedomcaucus/), of which I am a founding member, endorsed the candidacy of Rep. Daniel Webster, who had pledged to make the House a more member-driven body. Following Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s withdrawal from the race, Rep. Paul Ryan also met with the House Freedom Caucus to express his desire for greater participation from all representatives should he be elected speaker.
As noted, the primary concern of the House Freedom Caucus in choosing a new speaker has been the candidate’s dedication to an open process, not his commitment to a particular ideology or specific policy outcomes. After several discussions with the candidates and among our members, a supermajority of our caucus determined that the Republican Conference nominee, whether Dan or Paul, deserved an opportunity to serve as speaker with our support for the remainder of Speaker John Boehner’s term.
On Wednesday, the Republican Conference held its nominating contest for speaker. I joined the House Freedom Caucus in voting for Dan, but Paul secured the greatest number of votes, earning the nomination of the Republican Conference 200-43-1-1. Following the vote, Dan stated that he would not formally vie for speaker on the House floor in today’s constitutionally prescribed election. Dan is an honorable man, and he has earned my admiration and more for his principles and effort.
Paul now has a chance to show that he can restore respect and order to our institution. The House must work as a deliberative body that reflects the will of the American people and defends the Constitution. I look forward to working with Speaker Ryan and all my colleagues to make that happen.

smokemonsc
10-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Yup and here it is:

Over the past month, I have emphasized that we need a new speaker who will ensure that the legislative process is open to all representatives. In an op-ed for CNN.com (http://cnn.com/), I identified the failings of our current leadership team and described how we can change course for the better.
With these considerations in mind, the House Freedom Caucus (https://www.facebook.com/freedomcaucus/), of which I am a founding member, endorsed the candidacy of Rep. Daniel Webster, who had pledged to make the House a more member-driven body. Following Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s withdrawal from the race, Rep. Paul Ryan also met with the House Freedom Caucus to express his desire for greater participation from all representatives should he be elected speaker.
As noted, the primary concern of the House Freedom Caucus in choosing a new speaker has been the candidate’s dedication to an open process, not his commitment to a particular ideology or specific policy outcomes. After several discussions with the candidates and among our members, a supermajority of our caucus determined that the Republican Conference nominee, whether Dan or Paul, deserved an opportunity to serve as speaker with our support for the remainder of Speaker John Boehner’s term.
On Wednesday, the Republican Conference held its nominating contest for speaker. I joined the House Freedom Caucus in voting for Dan, but Paul secured the greatest number of votes, earning the nomination of the Republican Conference 200-43-1-1. Following the vote, Dan stated that he would not formally vie for speaker on the House floor in today’s constitutionally prescribed election. Dan is an honorable man, and he has earned my admiration and more for his principles and effort.
Paul now has a chance to show that he can restore respect and order to our institution. The House must work as a deliberative body that reflects the will of the American people and defends the Constitution. I look forward to working with Speaker Ryan and all my colleagues to make that happen.

Very disappointing.

Feelgood
10-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Email bomb Amash with some WTF!? emails?

sparebulb
10-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Yup and here it is:

Spoken like a true politician.

Rhetorical question:

Who is he trying to fool?

The answer is us, of course.

I hope that he felt a bit oily when sending out this tripe.

sparebulb
10-29-2015, 07:43 PM
You know, you could post a link and save us and yourself an unnecessarily long post.

Just trying to help.

Here's a better link for you Mr.NoSmile (http://www.safemedication.com/safemed/MedicationTipsTools/HowtoAdminister/HowtoUseRectalSuppositoriesProperly).

timosman
10-29-2015, 07:46 PM
LOL at all Democrats voting for Pelosi. What a bunch of whipped sheep.

This is actually a pretty dangerous game. The split on the republican side would result in Pelosi becoming the speaker. You have to toe the party line on this one.

jmdrake
10-29-2015, 08:32 PM
So....what happened to the Jefferson rule? Do they still have it?

tsai3904
10-29-2015, 09:49 PM
The split on the republican side would result in Pelosi becoming the speaker.

No. To be elected speaker, you need to receive a majority of votes cast. The only way Pelosi would have become speaker was if a lot of Republicans voted for her or didn't vote.

tsai3904
10-29-2015, 09:50 PM

Nothing's been changed. The conference will discuss rules changes later next month.

fr33
10-29-2015, 10:06 PM
On the plus side, Paul Ryan will at least never be president because of this.

nobody's_hero
10-29-2015, 11:41 PM
Good ole Walt and Massie.

Dr. Dog
11-13-2015, 09:47 AM
No House rules have been changed so far.

Dr. Dog
11-13-2015, 09:48 AM
On the plus side, Paul Ryan will at least never be president because of this.
Paul Ryan will never be president because he's Paul Ryan.

ZENemy
11-13-2015, 11:02 AM
lol

I cant wait for more of the same, I hope it comes with a side of same and same sauce to go with it.

William Tell
11-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Good ole Walt and Massie.

My favorite two congressmen.

bunklocoempire
11-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Paul Ryan will never be president because he's Paul Ryan.

We assume those two heartbeats ahead of him are also down for this. Creepy stuff when you really consider a president Paul. (Rand)