PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Is Right: The Fed Is Increasing Inequality With Its Low Rates

mello
10-29-2015, 09:34 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2015/10/29/rand-paul-is-right-the-fed-is-increasing-inequality/

Valli6
10-29-2015, 10:07 AM
I think the Feds devaluation of the currency is also the reason Americans are discouraged from having larger families. We just can't afford them. Except for the wealthy, we grow up witnessing the same amount of cash pay for less and less of our necessities, and start out with parred down expectations.

People being imported from other countries are unaware of the phenomenon, so it doesn't occur to them to base the size of their families on the reality of what an average income can actually pay for. Likewise, for American citizens who are oblivious to the manipulation of our currency's value, and believe the government is responsible for ensuring that their kids are given everything they need.

Jan2017
10-29-2015, 10:14 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2015/10/29/rand-paul-is-right-the-fed-is-increasing-inequality/

Thanks - great link.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/randboulder07a_zps6fibzckd.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/randboulder07a_zps6fibzckd.jpg.html)

Last night’s Republican debate was supposed to be about economic policy, but instead it was, once again, more about
moderators asking gotcha questions.

A few candidates managed to get in mentions for their tax plans, entitlement reform or over-regulation, but for the most part we learned little because
the questions didn’t seem designed to educate the viewers about the candidate’s ideas for moving the country forward.

There was, however, a great moment of economic clarity, thanks to Rand Paul, on the surprisingly overlooked role the Fed has played in increasing economic inequality.

Rand set the debate topic really - got the moderator's back on topic after Cruz scolded their Dimocrat agenda questions.

Carly turned it into her topic with the interrupting of everyone - just like a bossy CEO *sigh*

LatinsforPaul
10-29-2015, 10:18 AM
This tweet was from last night...

Matthanuf06
10-29-2015, 10:35 AM
I think the Feds devaluation of the currency is also the reason Americans are discouraged from having larger families. We just can't afford them. Except for the wealthy, we grow up witnessing the same amount of cash pay for less and less of our necessities, and start out with parred down expectations.

People being imported from other countries are unaware of the phenomenon, so it doesn't occur to them to base the size of their families on the reality of what an average income can actually pay for. Likewise, for American citizens who are oblivious to the manipulation of our currency's value, and believe the government is responsible for ensuring that their kids are given everything they need.

The FED is one area I simply do not agree with many here as well as Rand. I do think they need to be audited, but they have a role in modern global economics.

Moving back to the gold standard would be a terrible thing for the economy.

Sure it would help resolve the national debt issue, but it is clearly a cutting off your nose to spite your face solution.

Jan2017
10-29-2015, 10:42 AM
. . . I do think they need to be audited, but they have a role in modern global economics.

Yes, as a taxable entity imo.

So, we need the Fed audited -
then we could decide how to Tax the Fed - less than a point is what some of Ron's economist friends stated in '08 campaign.

Matthanuf06
10-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Yes, as a taxable entity imo.

So, we need the Fed audited -
then we could decide how to Tax the Fed - less than a point is what some of Ron's economist friends stated in '08 campaign.

Tax the Fed on what operation?

Overnight loans at the Fed Funds Rate? Wouldn't that tax increase trickle down to you and I?

Jan2017
10-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Tax the Fed on what operation?

Overnight loans at the Fed Funds Rate? Wouldn't that tax increase trickle down to you and I?

It was on Jekyl Island off Georgia coast in late '08 (the very same place, no less, where the Rothschild/Fed Plan came about I understand)
In theory, they had said a bit over half a point - as I understood it, it could be on every friigan' overnight etc. bank transaction that needs Fed -
so it gets passed on to everyone that uses that money maybe, but so what? (rates already low now)

timosman
10-29-2015, 10:57 AM
People with access to cheap money vs. people without.

Matthanuf06
10-29-2015, 01:15 PM
It was on Jekyl Island off Georgia coast in late '08 (the very same place, no less, where the Rothschild/Fed Plan came about I understand)
In theory, they had said a bit over half a point - as I understood it, it could be on every friigan' overnight etc. bank transaction that needs Fed -
so it gets passed on to everyone that uses that money maybe, but so what? (rates already low now)

Everyone that uses that money is literally everyone. It would get trickled down into virtually every good and service we purchase.

Matthanuf06
10-29-2015, 01:18 PM
People with access to cheap money vs. people without.

And what is the problem with that? Money has always made money.

Also the Fed has lost control of U.S interest rates outside of the ultra short term in my opinion. The evidence supports this. Even if the Fed magically disappeared where would our rates go? Our rates are already higher (in many cases much higher) to similar credit quality credits around the globe. They can't really go much higher.