PDA

View Full Version : most republicans running are there to keep Dr Paul out

xyze2008
10-28-2015, 11:21 PM
I have been watching all 3 campaigns now for both Ron and Rand Paul and it's obvious to anyone who is paying attention that this line up of republicans are mainly there to keep Rand Paul out of the nomination. They've got most of the bases covered and essentially recite the same policies of both Dr Paul's on most occasions but just deliver the message differently. It's obvious the media has their orders to continually keep Dr Paul's time down as much as possible, that includes all networks not just CNBC. eg; post debate with Hannity (Paul = 3 mins, Trump = 10 mins)

Look at this little moment I caught whilst watching the debate highlights between Christie and Cruz, I truly believe all these candidates get together behind the scenes with the media and discuss their tactics against Rand Paul. I'll be labelled a conspiracy theorist, but at this point it's just too damn obvious.

Watch from 7:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By07hao5pBM

timosman
10-28-2015, 11:36 PM
Yup, it was a great show. They literally disarmed him by assuming all of his positions and also playing victims of the media. They talked directly into the camera to "connect" better with viewers. This is a scam of cosmic proportions.

Paul got screwed because he was not facing the camera, his shots were from a side. It was pretty obvious the establishment changed the strategy and out of sudden everybody got so honest with the "american people". What a bunch of BS. The GOP voters were buying it though.

RPES1
10-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Tinfoil hat alert. :rolleyes:

timosman
10-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Tinfoil hat alert. :rolleyes:

Unless this is a case of "a politician will do the right thing when he has no other option" I will stick to my original opinion.

xyze2008
10-28-2015, 11:51 PM
Yup, it was a great show. They literally disarmed him by assuming all of his positions and also playing victims of the media. They talked directly into the camera to "connect" better with viewers. This is a scam of cosmic proportions.

Totally agree, everything is created to give Dr Paul the worst possible chance of shining.

- Placement on stage (despite better polling than Christie etc)
- Camera angles to block Dr Paul out and create the impression to viewers of the top tier candidates
- Hostile media (much worse than anyone receives from the media) why you ask? Because Dr Paul is the real deal and they know it (media/military industrial complex need to protect their profits)
- Time allocated in the debate and post debate interviews (or lack their of)
- media blackout of any showing of Dr Paul in the post debate discussions. (if they did mention him, it would be to say for him to drop out etc)

I could give countless examples of how they are trying to shut down his attempt of gaining the nomination...
-

xyze2008
10-28-2015, 11:54 PM
If all else fails (which sadly it won't) they can always rig the nomination process...

JJ2
10-28-2015, 11:57 PM
He needs to get fiery in the debates like Ron did. That's when his poll numbers went up in Iowa at the end of 2011!

timosman
10-28-2015, 11:58 PM
He needs to get fiery in the debates like Ron did. That's when his poll numbers went up in Iowa at the end of 2011!

Maybe he does not realize how much he is being fucked with ?

xyze2008
10-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Maybe he does not realize how much he is being fucked with ?

I think the campaign needs to sit down and analyse all the little tactics the media use against him...He really should have pointed out their bias in the debates (what does he have to lose?)...the media just paint Dr Paul the loser regardless what he does or doesn't do...He may aswell go full hog and call out the bullshit...We all know he probably thinks these things but doesn't come out and say it... He can be cordial and be labelled boring, he can be fired up/combative and be labelled desperate.

It doesn't matter at this point, the game is rigged and it's currently rigged against Dr Paul...If I was his advisor, I would say to him..Speak to the truth and don't hold back!

xyze2008
10-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Plus, did anyone else see the green room Dr Paul got compared to the others?...just another example of how the media are fervently against him and speaks volumes..

Mr.NoSmile
10-29-2015, 06:08 AM
Plus, did anyone else see the green room Dr Paul got compared to the others?...just another example of how the media are fervently against him and speaks volumes..

Christie got a bad setup too, so it was hardly just against Paul as far as green rooms go.

RabbitMan
10-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Christie got a bad setup too, so it was hardly just against Paul as far as green rooms go.

The RNC also apologized and moved them to better accommodations. But still.

alucard13mm
10-29-2015, 06:18 AM
I think christie needed the gym green rooom more than fiorina.

Liberty74
10-29-2015, 06:25 AM
I wouldn't go that far OP. Most up on stage are looking for a VP spot or a cabinet position.

I still think Trump is a Hillary plant and has no intentions on being President. You don't get a call from Bill the night before you announce to discuss mistresses.

Trump has alienated the Hispanic vote for Republicans. 70% disapprove of Trump. Trump creates a bad picture in the eyes of Hispanics. So when Trump bails out, the Hispanic
vote goes to Hillary as she rides into DC on her broom. Republicans nationally can't win unless they get some where between 40-50% of the Hispanic vote. Trump has done the Clinton's bidding. A wall and to round up 12 million? Really? What better way then to give that vote share to the Dems?

Matthanuf06
10-29-2015, 10:38 AM
There is certainly a ideological bias against Rand, but the far more obvious and logical answer is much less sinister.

It is about the almighty dollar and power.

If Rand drove ratings in key demographics he would get more time. If he was willing to be greased up by the powers that be, then he'd get more time.

This is why someone like Cruz, who should be equally "despised" by the media, gets plenty of air time. He drives discussion and ratings. Rand just doesn't.

Unfortunately the "Presidential" debates of long yesterday year are over. It isn't about logic or debate skill. It is about being loud, speaking the most, being negative, and emotional.

Todd
10-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Totally agree, everything is created to give Dr Paul the worst possible chance of shining.

- Placement on stage (despite better polling than Christie etc)
- Camera angles to block Dr Paul out and create the impression to viewers of the top tier candidates
- Hostile media (much worse than anyone receives from the media) why you ask? Because Dr Paul is the real deal and they know it (media/military industrial complex need to protect their profits)
- Time allocated in the debate and post debate interviews (or lack their of)
- media blackout of any showing of Dr Paul in the post debate discussions. (if they did mention him, it would be to say for him to drop out etc)

I could give countless examples of how they are trying to shut down his attempt of gaining the nomination...
-

Yep

Marshall McCluhan - The Medium is the Message.

You people calling it a conspiracy are just name callers. There is no "conspiracy theory". All one has to do is look at how they try to frame the message