PDA

View Full Version : Führerprinzip

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 05:45 PM
FuhrerPrinzip

http://ericpetersautos.com/2015/10/28/fuhrerprinzip/

by eric • October 28, 2015

Free people don’t look for “leadership.”

But that’s what every candidate for the presidency – regardless of partei – is offering to give them.

Such people deserve what they will get.

They have, after all asked for it.

Most Americans do not know what the German word, fuhrer means.

It does not mean “Hitler.”

It means, leader.

Hitler was Der Fuhrer; the leader.

The Germans of the Hitler era loved having a leader. Being led.

And leading, too.

They even had an expression for it: fuhrerprinzip, the leadership principle.

You obeyed your superiors and your subordinates obeyed you in turn – with the leader (Der Fuhrer) at the apex of the pyramid.

Americans today are like the Germans were.

Ready for a leader.

And to be led.

The one requires the other.

This sickness in man was – is – not unique to Germans. It is a canker humanity picked up somewhere from ape to now that itches and comes to the surface regularly, pustulating and red. Germans (Prussians, to be precise about it) were particularly afflicted but the disease is easily spread.

Americans – who have become today’s Prussians – positively crave leadership. Decisiveness, but nor their own. To surrender to a superior will, kind of like you-know-who’s. It explains the almost orgiastic reaction of the audiences at Trump’s events. He is cocky, belligerent, abusive. A business suited version of you-know-who. A leader. He radiates the arrogance of someone who believes he has been anointed to tell others what to do. He is a Great Man.

And the people cheer.

If you listen closely, you can hear the echoes of history; the stamping of feet, the hysterical shrieks of triumph and abasement.

Our savior!

Unsere fuhrer...

The others are no better, just less charismatic.

The personally unpleasant Hillary Clinton is just as ready to provide leadership. Desperate to provide it. She, like Trump, knows just what to do.

And her supporters are just as desperate as Trump’s for her to get on with the business of doing it.

Ditto the rest of them. All with “plans” and practically bursting at the seams with eagerness to get their hands on the levers and dials of state power.

They each know best.

Better than you, at any rate.

Even Rand Paul – the “Libertarian” Republican – is ready to give you all the leadership you can stand. For instance, he wants to “save” and “fix” the greatest intergenerational wealth transfer scheme ever implemented (you know, Social Security) by double-defrauding younger workers for the benefit of the greedy geezers who demand “their” Social Security payola. Both groups will be told what they’ll do – and what they’ll get. There will be not be a “no thanks, I’d rather provide for my own retirement” option. It is not open for discussion. The only debate is over what you’ll be told. Not whether you’ll be told.

Leadership.

Rand also “stands with Israel,” the lamprey on the flanks of the American taxpayer, which he describes as “America’s longtime friend and ally.”

Because, of course, he must.

Else he will not be allowed to provide leadership.

Regardless, leadership we will get. Whether from Trump, Hillary, Rand, Jeb or whoever turns out to be the next avatar of the vox populi.

They will natter amongst themselves, like vultures pecking at the corpse of a musk ox.

Which by the way is us.

There is no alternative to leadership in latter day Weimar America.

No candidate running who not only doesn’t want to lead but also despises the idea of being followed.

The whole thing – running for office – necessarily excludes people who don’t want to perch on the corpse (so to speak) and tell you what to do … who have no interest in being told what to do. Such people have no interest in elections.

But – as in Germany all those years ago – such people are now in the minority.

The majority now wants what the Germans once wanted.

And, like them, they’re gonna get it.

But like the Germans of once-upon-a-time, they do not see themselves as the erectors of their own brick ovens (and yes, it will come to that – because it must come to that). When it is all over – if it ever is – they will look back and blame the leaders.

Who told them what to do.

After all, they were only following orders. Doing their jobs.

They are already saying such things, without the slightest trace or historical irony.

Even the chroniclers or once-upon-a-time missed this critical point. The saltpeter without which the gunpowder can’t be made: The people who demand leadership.

The leader – brownshirted or business-suited – is a non sequitur. The hole in the dam through which the water bursts.

It is the water that decides everything.

And the pressure is building.

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 05:46 PM
For contrast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw0wKOpA1UQ

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 05:46 PM

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 06:09 PM
For contrast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw0wKOpA1UQ

Psst.. Ron Paul was FOR the 1789 US Constitution. (just in case you might have missed that part. he mentioned it several times:eek:)
the "anti-Federalists" were decidedly against both the Federation. as well as the CONstitution.

or am I incorrect sir? :confused:

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 06:20 PM
And that has what to do with anything?

Regardless, Ron was wrong when he said the CONstitutional doesn't authorize ünsere füher to run our lives.

Government clearly does have that authorization, right down to how many gallons of water we are allowed in our shitters.

Just ask the government judges.

Psst.. Ron Paul was FOR the 1789 US Constitution. (just in case you might have missed that part. he mentioned it several times:eek:)
the "anti-Federalists" were decidedly against both the Federation. as well as the CONstitution.

or am I incorrect sir? :confused:

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 06:46 PM

Regardless, Ron was wrong when he said the CONstitutional doesn't authorize ünsere füher to run our lives.

Government clearly does have that authorization, right down to how many gallons of water we are allowed in our shitters.

"Ron was wrong"

well ya! silly. of course he was!
since you are CLEARLY his intellectual superior.
you are remiss in not straightening him out. please endeavor to do so.
and get back with us when this task is complete. :cool:

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 06:50 PM
"Ron was wrong"

well ya! silly. of course he was!
since you are CLEARLY his intellectual superior.
you are remiss in not straightening him out. please endeavor to do so.
and get back with us when this task is complete. :cool:

Does the government regulate how much water you can have in your toilet?

Yes it does.

Have the government judges assured us this, and millions and millions of rules just like this, that run your life, are fully compliant with the CONstitution?

Yes, they have.

Therefore they are authorized to do so.

And Ron is incorrect on this one, although I understand his point.

Q.E.D.

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 06:55 PM
"[SIZE=3]since you are CLEARLY his intellectual superior.

I dunno about all that, but like I said in the other thread, I am a super genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Does the government regulate how much water you can have in your toilet?

Yes it does.

Have the government judges assured us this, and millions and millions of rules just like this, that run your life, are fully compliant with the CONstitution?

Yes, they have.

Therefore they are authorized to do so.

And Ron is incorrect on this one, although I understand his point.

Q.E.D.

you sir, have spent 100% ZERO time. in trying to understand the "original intent"
and MUCH less on HOW it was defeated.
to begin to understand sir.
separate the 1789 version from the "amended" 1791 version.

my personal position is that we need to push the "reset" button.
all the way back to the 10th. :D

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2015, 07:16 PM
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

- H. L. Mencken

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 07:22 PM
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

- H. L. Mencken

very clearly. thou art unfamiliar with our founders opinions on Democracy.
please sharpen thy pencil.
:toady:

(just not here. please)

heavenlyboy34
10-28-2015, 07:26 PM
very clearly. thou art unfamiliar with our founders opinions on Democracy.
please sharpen thy pencil.
:toady:

(just not here. please)

Very clearly, you don't know that Mencken's usage in context included Republican Democracy/Representative Democracy, Constitution style. Please sharpen thy pencil and un-dim thy wit.

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Very clearly, you don't know that Mencken's usage in context included Republican Democracy/Representative Democracy, Constitution style. Please sharpen thy pencil and un-dim thy wit.

ya, that is what I was thinking. there was a "schism"
sorta like that Roman Catholic thingy.
YOU of course. are NOT Roman Catholic.
you are orthodox. :)
got it.

should I seek your help if I have a DDC problem? (direct digital controls)
HVAC has a LOT to do with "control" work. and there IS a "hierarchy" involved..

I thank you in advance. :)

pcosmar
10-28-2015, 07:41 PM
The Constitution does not authorize Gun Control either..

and yet I am a prohibited person..

Ron was not incorrect,,, The Constitution does not authorize much of what is done.

The supreme law of the land has simply not been enforced.. for a very long time.

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 07:54 PM

Ron was not incorrect,,, The Constitution does not authorize much of what is done.

The supreme law of the land has simply not been enforced.. for a very long time.

true that, and since way before all of us were born.
my contention is that it is both rude and divisive to even suggest that our founders were at fault.

"our Founders would be ashamed of what we put up with today" Ron Paul.

pcosmar
10-28-2015, 08:04 PM
this goes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tL0IvTh6Rw

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 08:18 PM
this goes here.

good video. however, Napoleon ended the 3rd Roman empire.
(HB is orthodox) :)
in like 1806 or so..

that the 3rd Roman empire ever existed. makes a very good point, in support of your video.
if perchance, my info is incorrect. I welcome rebuttals.
:cool:

ChristianAnarchist
10-28-2015, 08:44 PM
this goes here.

So true. The chain of obedience makes people behave in ways they NEVER would if we lived in anarchy (liberty). Someone doing what the goons do today would be quickly put in order in a truly free society. When the ONE truth gets understood by the majority of people the goons will stop gooning. What is this ONE truth? It is simply that there is NO AUTHORITY. There is no authority to imprison. There is no authority to kill. There is no authority to make war. There is no authority to prohibit behavior. The ONLY entity that can claim "authority" over you is the one who created you. That is LEGITIMATE authority. The Creator always has "authority" over the created. If I create a painting, I have the authority to destroy it. If I create a house, I can burn it down. The goons and "goonerment" DID NOT create us. They do not have LEGITIMATE AUTHORITY to command us. Every man has the same "authority" as the next man. We have authority over things we own. We cannot "own" another human so we can NEVER have authority over them.

This is the one truth that I hope people start to understand and teach as many as will listen. NO AUTHORITY!!

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 09:09 PM
So true. The chain of obedience makes people behave in ways they NEVER would if we lived in anarchy (liberty). Someone doing what the goons do today would be quickly put in order in a truly free society. When the ONE truth gets understood by the majority of people the goons will stop gooning. What is this ONE truth? It is simply that there is NO AUTHORITY. There is no authority to imprison. There is no authority to kill. There is no authority to make war. There is no authority to prohibit behavior. The ONLY entity that can claim "authority" over you is the one who created you. That is LEGITIMATE authority. The Creator always has "authority" over the created. If I create a painting, I have the authority to destroy it. If I create a house, I can burn it down. The goons and "goonerment" DID NOT create us. They do not have LEGITIMATE AUTHORITY to command us. Every man has the same "authority" as the next man. We have authority over things we own. We cannot "own" another human so we can NEVER have authority over them.

This is the one truth that I hope people start to understand and teach as many as will listen. NO AUTHORITY!!

"NO AUTHORITY!!"
no problem sir. I will neither work on or advise you as it might pertain to your HVAC/R system. for both now..

and FOREVER!..

Amen. :p

ChristianAnarchist
10-28-2015, 09:28 PM
"NO AUTHORITY!!"
no problem sir. I will neither work on or advise you as it might pertain to your HVAC/R system. for both now..

and FOREVER!..

Amen. :p

And I would not expect you to without a contract between us as to offer and exchange (verbal or written)...

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 09:36 PM
And I would not expect you to without a contract between us as to offer and exchange (verbal or written)...

sir. if you would only bother to spend the time to find out.
you would understand that our Founders were basically Anarchists at heart.

peace and love.

HVAC. :)

fisharmor
10-28-2015, 10:03 PM
you sir, have spent 100% ZERO time. in trying to understand the "original intent"
and MUCH less on HOW it was defeated.
to begin to understand sir.
separate the 1789 version from the "amended" 1791 version.

all the way back to the 10th. :D

You do realize we all laugh at you when you post this horseshit, right?

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 10:04 PM

I respectfully disagree.

Nine government judges have determined, by the power granted to them by the constitution, that the restrictions on your 2nd Amendment rights are fully lawful, constitutional and compliant with the bill of rights.

Thus they have spoken.

Move along, Mundane.

Now, if anybody had listened to the Anti Feds at the time, these glaring problems with all the power granted to the fedgov by the CONstitution would have been realized, and the document rejected for the bloodless coup d'état and counter-revolutionary article of oppression that it was.

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 10:08 PM

I care not a whit about good intentions, original or otherwise.

I care only about the growing tyranny we are suffering under in the here and now, all legal and CONstitutional.

I happen to agree.

It's just a question of: to what point in time?

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 10:32 PM
You do realize we all laugh at you when you post this horseshit, right?

did I write something that confused you?
or are you stating that as a fact?

can you decipher a road map or an electrical schematic?

helpful hint.
if you do NOT know where you are. neither one will help you. :D

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 10:34 PM
I care not a whit about good intentions, original or otherwise.

I care only about the growing tyranny we are suffering under in the here and now, all legal and CONstitutional.

I happen to agree.

It's just a question of: to what point in time?

I dunno dude, there is suddenly a fishy smell around here...

HVACTech
10-28-2015, 10:54 PM
I respectfully disagree.

Nine government judges have determined, by the power granted to them by the constitution, that the restrictions on your 2nd Amendment rights are fully lawful, constitutional and compliant with the bill of rights.

Thus they have spoken.

Move along, Mundane.

Now, if anybody had listened to the Anti Feds at the time, these glaring problems with all the power granted to the fedgov by the CONstitution would have been realized, and the document rejected for the bloodless coup d'état and counter-revolutionary article of oppression that it was.

ya, those stupid. stupid Founders.. if only they would have stuck with a conFEDERATION!
we would not be in this mess..

or did I miss something? :confused:

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 10:58 PM
ya, those stupid. stupid Founders.. if only they would have stuck with a conFEDERATION!
we would not be in this mess..

or did I miss something? :confused:

Certainly the Articles of Confederation would have served better.

That's what the convention was called to tweak, not to throw out the window.

pcosmar
10-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Certainly the Articles of Confederation would have served better.

That's what the convention was called to tweak, not to throw out the window.

Perhaps so,, and the Constitution as it stood would have been far better than what we have today.

I suspect authoritarians would have found a way to pervert either.

Anti Federalist
10-28-2015, 11:46 PM
“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored.

That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality.”

― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon (1851)

nobody's_hero
10-29-2015, 12:23 AM
I can agree with about 90% of that article.

I part with the author on his characterization of Rand.

I don't think Rand has a leadership complex, but he's certainly having to sell himself as a leader to people who desire that characteristic in a candidate. While he has to act like a Fuhrer to win, other candidates actually want to be a Fuhrer.

But, Eric nails it otherwise. This leadership complex, or I suppose, followership complex, in the case of the voter, exists in the minds of the vast, vast majority of voters.

It doesn't make my dick hard when he talks about having these great plans and stuff (like the 14.5% plan), but you know, that sort of stuff turns a lot of voters on. I really don't count on a candidate to fix everything with a plan like that, but Eric's right, that's what people want. Solutions. Leadership. Adults.

And anyone who thinks that freedom is the most paramount issue we should strive for is just an idealistic child.

Ender
10-29-2015, 08:44 AM
ya, that is what I was thinking. there was a "schism"
sorta like that Roman Catholic thingy.
YOU of course. are NOT Roman Catholic.
you are orthodox. :)
got it.

should I seek your help if I have a DDC problem? (direct digital controls)
HVAC has a LOT to do with "control" work. and there IS a "hierarchy" involved..

I thank you in advance. :)

Stay. On. Topic. And get over yourself.

Good article AF!

fisharmor
10-29-2015, 10:20 AM
did I write something that confused you?
or are you stating that as a fact?

can you decipher a road map or an electrical schematic?

helpful hint.
if you do NOT know where you are. neither one will help you. :D

Ever chase down a buffer overrun?
How about dynamic sql? How much of that have you played with?

Let's move into hobbies - I'm sure you could pontificate on the differences between martensite and pearlite, and what they mean for heat treatments, right?

You wanna know one of my other hobbies? Not calling the HVAC techs. Yeah, I've repaired my own heat pump... twice.

I don't remember ever insulting your intelligence, but if you wanna go there we can spend some more time on it.

I think it is far past the time for you to accept that the people you spend so much time insulting here may just have actually read the Constitution and the supporting documents of the era and have reached the same conclusion AF did: Constitutionalism is exactly what it is right now, and has never been anything else.

Are there great ideas in the US Constitution? Well... some, like the idea of not having a standing army. Too bad they phrased most of those ideas so poorly that nobody understands that this was the idea.

As I've said before, hitting the reset button on an electrical device cycles the power. The button you want to press is "power off". Kill the device and do not restart it, because it is the device that got us exactly where we are.

I would love it if we could discuss real ways forward, but unfortunately you have a ton of catching up to do. So please, while you're struggling to figure out what we already know, drop the fucking superiority act.

Pericles
10-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Leftists are just as dedicated to the "party line' or the arbiters of "political correctness" which ultimately transforms itself into the great leader idea of Lenin, Stalin, or Barry Sotero.

The Northbreather
10-29-2015, 01:39 PM
I wanted Ron to win simply because I trusted him to do what he said if he won.

Namely, to destroy or at least greatly diminish the power of the office of the president.

He did not want power, he wanted to curb it.

He was attacked from all sides because of this idea.

Anti Federalist
11-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Watched Bill O'Reilly last night for the first times in years.

I think he said "we need a strong leader" or words to that effect, at least 25 times.

kcchiefs6465
11-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Stay. On. Topic. And get over yourself.

Good article AF!
Every time I read one of his posts, it reminds me of babies forgotten in the bathtub. I can't imagine why.

RonPaulMall
11-04-2015, 12:00 PM

It could also be speculated that pretending to be a Constitutional minarchist was the concession Paul made in order to attain elected office. If you look at the intellectual circle he has surrounded himself with his entire life, almost none of them support the Constitution and and virtually all of them are individual anarchists rather than minarchists.

Anti Federalist
11-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Keystone bump

willwash
11-07-2015, 09:17 AM
I once listened to a lecture that actually made a lot of sense...it said that for society to be stable, only a very small percentage of people can be independent thinkers. A society with too many independent thinkers would disintegrate into endless bickering and quarrels in the face of competition or invasion from another society with a more unified outlook. Of course, that unified outlook requires the majority of people to susceptible to being pulled in a single direction.

Thus genetically, biologically, nature has selected for societies in which there are a few independent thinkers engaging in erudite discussion, competing for positions of leadership over the mindless herd.

This is frankly what America used to be, when only white, property owning (read: not dependent on government for basic subsistence and generally educated) males could vote. Universal suffrage is a terrible, terrible idea. (not saying nonwhites or women shouldn't be able to vote, but I don't think just everyone should either--perhaps a property threshold or educational requirement is not a bad thing).