PDA

View Full Version : DEVELOPING: Amidst insults to GOP voters JEB to drop out Monday

RandPaul4Prez
10-25-2015, 09:33 PM
I seriously hope this is true

http://prntly.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/download-2-696x435.jpg

Jeb Bush is to drop out Monday according to political insiders and leaked memos from top aids to Jeb’s campaign team disclosed to the press this evening.
Jeb is in huge trouble as he has lost coveted ground to Marco Rubio, and the GOP nomination is all but assured for Donald Trump.
Mr. Trump’s surge in the polls took many for surprise, and he is still growing more powerful by the day.

This led Jeb to make a scandalous comment at a closed doors south Carolina event today:
“If this election is about how we’re going to fight to get nothing done, then I don’t want anything, I don’t want any part of it. I don’t want to be elected president to sit around and see gridlock just become so dominant that people literally are in decline in their lives. That is not my motivation. I’ve got a lot of really cool things I cold do other than sit around, being miserable, listening to people demonize me and feeling compelled to demonize them. That is a joke. Elect Trump if you want that.”

More:

http://prntly.com/blog/2015/10/25/developing-amidst-insults-to-gop-voters-jeb-to-drop-out-monday/

timosman
10-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Well, he really said this, but not 'at a closed doors event' - via CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XzCUPPT7o

CPUd
10-25-2015, 09:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KvxK3a5.jpg

devil21
10-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Yeah ok.

hells_unicorn
10-25-2015, 10:06 PM
If Bush drops out tomorrow, I will literally start dancing the jig right in front of my computer. However, I'm not too optimistic that it will happen this early. If it does, it will help Rubio and probably morph the Trump vs. Carson rivalry that's brewing into a 3-way slug-fest, which would be interesting to watch. The field is way too crowded and somebody else really needs to drop out soon.

RandPaul4Prez
10-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Hopefully a few will drop out after the next debate.

timosman
10-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Tim's Town Halls are not closed doors. Rand Paul will be doing one in less than two weeks - 11/6 - http://www.timstownhalls.com/candidate-event-schedule/

RandPaul4Prez
10-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Tim's Town Halls are not closed doors. Rand Paul will be doing one in less than two weeks - 11/6 - http://www.timstownhalls.com/candidate-event-schedule/

I might have to fly in for that one if I can score a spot.

kahless
10-25-2015, 10:37 PM
I would be shocked if he drops out. I think they are just making him look like the underdog so they can provide the illusion there is actually a legitimate process and they will rig it so he is the nominee.

Batman
10-25-2015, 11:52 PM
He's literally sitting on millions. He's not in any danger. Carly, Popeye's, Trumpette, Cruz, and Chrispy will all be gone before Bush throws in the towel.

puppetmaster
10-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Seems like a promo gig.

TheNewYorker
10-26-2015, 12:39 AM
No way no how... He has more than 100 mil in Pac money

CPUd
10-26-2015, 01:42 AM
They had $100M, but they bought up a shitload of ads in Iowa and NH. Nonetheless, Bush won't drop until 2016.

cindy25
10-26-2015, 05:02 AM
he consulted with his parents, and told them first. you could see the writing on the wall.

jkob
10-26-2015, 06:52 AM
Jeb has a ton of money and can run as long as he wants, only way I see him dropping out is if the powers the be promise that his son will eventually ascend to the thrown which I am sure he will. We need to defeat George P when he runs for higher office because him running for president would inevitably be next. What is Robert Paul doing?

CaptUSA
10-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Is he really gonna get out?

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/58703264.jpg

rg17
10-26-2015, 07:44 AM
He got his brother and his father money support.

Liberty74
10-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Bush isn't going to drop out but then again, Walker played this tune and dance song of saying his campaign was going forward and would be concentrating on Iowa only. Then a few days later Walker drops out.

Bush's money is drying up too, hence the cuts.

RDM
10-26-2015, 10:28 AM
He got his brother and his father money support.

Yes, there is "plenty" of drug money profits to go around. http://barrysealmurder1986jebbusholivernorth.blogspot.com/?m=1

euphemia
10-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Folks, as much as we really don't want Bush to be president, we shouldn't miss what is happening here.

Jeb was all but crowned nominee by the GOP establishment. What are they going to do now? We have a wide open door if we can get Rand to find a microphone somewhere and start talking.

See, this is what the Trump candidacy is all about. The establishment wants a maleable, pro-business candidate who will do their bidding. They thought Bush was going to be that for them. Now Bush has shown himself to be smart enough to see he can't get elected being the puppet of the establishment. He's not happy in his campaign, and I do not blame him if he drops out.

So then what? Someone needs to start naming names. Trump hasn't been shy about saying who comes to him for money. A liberty minded journalist would look at the donor records and find out what the agenda seems to be.

As I have said before Dems and GOP have their own establishment. They see themselves as the ruling class. That's how we ended up with Romney. That's how we were about to end up with Bush. Someone needs to find out who is behind that and start putting that information out there. If the establishment layers can be peeled away, then the liberty base will be what's left.

Zippyjuan
10-26-2015, 11:23 AM
No indications of quitting yet. But he isn't exactly moving forwards either.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/bush-family-jeb-george-barbara-215151

Bush family gathers to rescue Jeb
His famous family rallies around to attempt to revive his flagging campaign.

HOUSTON — This closed-door summit for Jeb Bush’s richest donors was meant to be a pep rally, a reunion for loyalists eager to celebrate the family legacy with two former presidents.

But as George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush draw supporters together under gray skies and unrelenting rains, the gathering has become a rescue operation for a candidate who looks unable to meet the expectations of the family brand.

“The patient is either in intensive care and in need of some good doctors who can save him or being put into hospice and we’re going to see a slow death," said one K Street lobbyist supporting Bush.

Indeed, the man who, it was expected, would be leading the Republican field by a mile, who raised astounding sums in his first months as a candidate, is now on life support, according to people inside the two-day meeting. With the campaign gasping for air, slashing costs and narrowing a national strategy to a New Hampshire approach, investor confidence is cracking.

At the gathering on the fourth floor of the cavernous Hilton Americas Houston hotel, donors moved casually through the hallways, smiling while brushing past reporters gathered outside the meeting rooms. Upstairs in the presidential suite, Barbara Bush handed out to adoring donors the Jeb! bumper stickers she keeps in her walker. When Jeb Bush thanked the 150 donors for making the trip to Houston at Sunday evening’s barbecue dinner, professing his determination to win, it served as motivational fuel for many bundlers. “He seemed like he’s in a really good place, like a burden had been lifted,” said a bundler from Miami.

But behind closed doors, many donors also voiced concerns about the direction of the campaign. “Having 41 around helps take the edge off, but we all read the same newspapers and look at the same polls and it’s tough right now. There are a lot of people we thought would have written checks who aren’t on board yet,” one donor said. “In some ways, it’s reassuring being here and looking around seeing that there’s still a lot of support for Jeb.”

Sunday afternoon, in a hotel ballroom adjacent to one rented by the campaign, Mike Murphy, the strategist guiding Bush’s Right to Rise super PAC, tried to reassure donors that the media’s horse-race coverage of the campaign obscures Bush’s fundamental advantages.

He gave attendees a sneak peak of his next round of feel-good television spots, meant to inspire confidence in the candidate, and in the power of the moneyed super PAC.

But many of the bundlers who have attended the campaign’s quarterly summits (the group met in Miami in April and at the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, in July) are looking less for motivation this time than for tangible evidence that the product they’re investing in is going to pay dividends.

“At this point, it’s not about motivation. All the people I know have already given,” said one Washington, D.C.-based donor who spoke privately. “The people who are left are momentum people, and they need to see that this is a train that’s going somewhere.”

This exercise in nostalgia, always meant to propel a third Bush candidacy, is instead laying bare how a family held in such high esteem by generations of Republicans no longer represents the party it once led. The few hundred well-heeled Bush-backers here Sunday night are a world apart from conservative voters who have become so resistant to dynastic politics and the GOP's establishment and donor class.

More at link.

RandPaul4Prez
10-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Folks, as much as we really don't want Bush to be president, we shouldn't miss what is happening here.

Jeb was all but crowned nominee by the GOP establishment. What are they going to do now? We have a wide open door if we can get Rand to find a microphone somewhere and start talking.

See, this is what the Trump candidacy is all about. The establishment wants a maleable, pro-business candidate who will do their bidding. They thought Bush was going to be that for them. Now Bush has shown himself to be smart enough to see he can't get elected being the puppet of the establishment. He's not happy in his campaign, and I do not blame him if he drops out.

So then what? Someone needs to start naming names. Trump hasn't been shy about saying who comes to him for money. A liberty minded journalist would look at the donor records and find out what the agenda seems to be.

As I have said before Dems and GOP have their own establishment. They see themselves as the ruling class. That's how we ended up with Romney. That's how we were about to end up with Bush. Someone needs to find out who is behind that and start putting that information out there. If the establishment layers can be peeled away, then the liberty base will be what's left.

Bush might of had a chance 8 years ago but now that we are in the information age I just dont see it happening for him. There are just too many eyes and ears on the pulse of the election for the elite to just place a candidate in power like before.

Elite donors could switch over to Trump if he would allow them, but I know that voters would pick up on this so that is possibly why he's using his own money to look like an outsider.

The big question is, after Trump drops out, where will those voters go to vote?

Also, the beauty of internet polls is that if Jeb constantly polls less than 10% its going to look very embarrassing for the Bush family so that pressure alone is enough to make him drop out. No money in the world can change that.

Zippyjuan
10-26-2015, 12:35 PM
Bush might of had a chance 8 years ago but now that we are in the information age I just dont see it happening for him. There are just too many eyes and ears on the pulse of the election for the elite to just place a candidate in power like before.

Elite donors could switch over to Trump if he would allow them, but I know that voters would pick up on this so that is possibly why he's using his own money to look like an outsider.

The big question is, after Trump drops out, where will those voters go to vote?

Also, the beauty of internet polls is that if Jeb constantly polls less than 10% its going to look very embarrassing for the Bush family so that pressure alone is enough to make him drop out. No money in the world can change that.

Internet polls are not significant. Look at how many Ron and Rand Paul have won. Real polls do count however.

euphemia
10-26-2015, 01:01 PM
I just feel like Rand is missing a lot of opportunity.

And here's another thing: Insiders have a lot of power, and I don't think the ruling class is going to let an outsider win. There has to be a way to make nice with everyone without compromising personal and political values.

I am sick of candidates lying to the voters. They say they will do something, then turn right around and do the opposite, to the detriment of the voter/taxpayer. I think it's time for the donor class to get that same treatment. Say what they want to hear, then do what the voters want to do.

Cleaner44
10-26-2015, 01:36 PM
I would be shocked if he drops out. I think they are just making him look like the underdog so they can provide the illusion there is actually a legitimate process and they will rig it so he is the nominee.

The powers that be really don't care if they get Bush or Rubio and the process isn't rigged to the point of a single candidate. The goal is to limit choice to those deemed acceptable to TPTB.

10-26-2015, 03:01 PM
Seems legit. :rolleyes:

You know this is how bloggers get hits on their blogs with paid ads right?

RandPaul4Prez
10-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Internet polls are not significant. Look at how many Ron and Rand Paul have won. Real polls do count however.

yes and there is no way a guy can go from a low percentage to being president without the help of TPTB. When its this much in the limelight there is no why people cant notice it.

randomname
10-26-2015, 05:30 PM

Spikender
10-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Please Jeb, take Trump with you.

angelatc
10-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Rubio made a major misstep this weekend when he announced that he does not like it in the Senate. That might well be the reason that Jeb decided not to throw in the towel today

acptulsa
10-26-2015, 06:52 PM

The only polls that count for anything at all--and the only ones that are 'real'--are called 'Primaries' and 'The General Election'.

euphemia
10-26-2015, 06:57 PM
It's a big mistake to tell voters you don't like what you do and would rather be somewhere else.

cindy25
10-26-2015, 06:59 PM
his parents told him to stay in.

Zippyjuan
10-26-2015, 07:17 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-jeb-bushs-campaign-has-gone-so-wrong/2015/10/26/73a9b5fe-7c20-11e5-afce-2afd1d3eb896_story.html

“If this election is about how we’re going to fight to get nothing done, then I don’t want any part of it,” the candidate said. “. . . I’ve got a lot of really cool things that I could do other than sit around, being miserable, listening to people demonize me and me feeling compelled to demonize them. That is a joke. Elect Trump if you want that.”

Bush is correct that Trump’s campaign of insults has made the 2016 GOP primary race an ugly affair. But his response — suggesting he’d take his ball and go home rather than sully himself — is precisely what has sunk Bush’s candidacy so far. Angry voters want a fighter, and Bush, justifiably dubbed “low-energy” by Trump, doesn’t seem to have it in him. The way to combat Trump’s demagoguery and race-baiting is not to look down your nose at him and say “Tut-tut.” It’s to hit Trump back with as much force as he delivers.

The alternative for Bush and other Republicans is to accept a situation that looks more gruesome by the day. This weekend gave us the spectacle of Trump going after Ben Carson — who just passed Trump in Iowa polls — for his religion. “I’m Presbyterian,” Trump told a crowd Saturday in Florida. “Boy, that’s down the middle of the road, folks, in all fairness. I mean, Seventh-day Adventist, I don’t know about. I just don’t know about.”

This was vintage Trump — making his opponents seem alien, or something other than normal Americans. He led the birther campaign to portray President Obama as foreign-born. He warns of invading Mexican rapists, demonizes Univision and threatens to deport millions. And now he’s disparaging the (Protestant) faith of a rival. Trump said he wouldn’t apologize to Carson, who like half of Seventh-day Adventists is nonwhite.

Batman
10-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Bush isn't just an Establishment dinosaur. He's a giant frikkin T.Rex. He's still the guy we have to beat.

timosman
10-26-2015, 07:53 PM
It's a big mistake to tell voters you don't like what you do and would rather be somewhere else.

Hillary would never do that ;)

brandon
10-26-2015, 08:01 PM
Thread title is annoying. It's just a link to some no-name gossip website, hasn't been picked up anywhere else.

r3volution 3.0
10-26-2015, 10:56 PM
He has $130 million, he's not dropping...

....despite the OP's pathetic pro-Trump hopes, Trump will never be the nominee.

Fuck you, fuck Trump, may his fake hair grow into his fake brain and cause an aneurysm.

cindy25
10-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Thread title is annoying. It's just a link to some no-name gossip website, hasn't been picked up anywhere else.

I think he was at least thinking about quitting, but his family is pushing for him to stay on. maybe to keep old 41 alive. maybe expecting 41 to die, and for Jeb to ride the sympathy vote into the White House (Cory Aquino's congressman son, a back bencher, became president in 2010 because of her funeral in 2009, and Bill Clinton has been quoted as his death/funeral is worth 5 million Hillary votes) its clear Jeb wants out.

eleganz
10-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Jeb isn't running for himself, he's running to keep the seat warm for George P. Bush, he is the one they really want.

Liberty74
10-27-2015, 05:27 AM

Fuck you, fuck Trump, may his fake hair grow into his fake brain and cause an aneurysm.

Highly doubt Bush has 130M. If so, his campaign would not have made serious cuts and concentrating in Iowa only.

Don't confuse campaign money with PAC money. Bush can't use PAC money for his campaign and PACs can't collude with such campaigns. If so, laws are broken.

65fastback2+2
10-27-2015, 06:11 AM
Don't confuse campaign money with PAC money. Bush can't use PAC money for his campaign and PACs can't collude with such campaigns. If so, laws are broken.

that works about as good as "gun free zone" signs.

Peace&Freedom
10-27-2015, 10:14 AM
I think he was at least thinking about quitting, but his family is pushing for him to stay on. maybe to keep old 41 alive. maybe expecting 41 to die, and for Jeb to ride the sympathy vote into the White House (Cory Aquino's congressman son, a back bencher, became president in 2010 because of her funeral in 2009, and Bill Clinton has been quoted as his death/funeral is worth 5 million Hillary votes) its clear Jeb wants out.

This sounds accurate. The donors, however, may be more impatient, and may have told him to produce results very soon (like have a stellar performance at the 10/28 debate, and rise in the polls after) or else they will pull out. Jeb's main problem remains that Trump replaced his 'spot' in the primary race as "the frontrunner backed by billions" guy. Bush can't get that spot back (Trump has direct access to $350 million cash to spend if he has to, so he's in it for as long as he wants), and appears to be locked in the single digits like all the others, thus his status destroys his electability aura.

timosman
10-27-2015, 10:17 AM
The only polls that count for anything at all--and the only ones that are 'real'--are called 'Primaries' and 'The General Election'.

That's deep ;)

timosman
10-27-2015, 10:42 AM

http://nypost.com/2014/06/28/bill-politicized-death-hoping-to-get-hillary-millions-of-votes-book/

“When I’m gone, people will think only of my good points and forgive, if not forget, the bad. I’ll be remembered in a positive light more in death than I was in life. That always happens. Everybody knows that. So you’ll have to take maximum advantage of my death.”

“Bill…,” Hillary said.

“It should be worth a couple of million votes,” he said.

I am not sure what Rand is waiting for. She should have been out of the race by now. :confused:

RandPaul4Prez
10-27-2015, 11:13 AM

Are you you referring to me? Pro trump???????

timosman
10-27-2015, 11:17 AM

My goodness, can we not do this shit ?

Zippyjuan
10-27-2015, 12:28 PM
I guess he isn't quitting. Today he announced his plans for Social Security/ Medicare.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/27/us-usa-election-bush-idUSKCN0SL22A20151027

Bush on Medicare, Social Security: Add private plans, cut benefits to wealthy

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush on Tuesday proposed reforms to Medicare and Social Security that use the private sector to help pay for older Americans' health and living expenses after retirement and cut benefits to the wealthy.

Bush would reform the costly Medicare health insurance program for the elderly by providing "premium support" that would give senior citizens a fixed amount for guaranteed coverage options.

The approach, which Bush said has been supported by Republican Representative Paul Ryan and other "courageous conservatives," calls for a system of subsidies for seniors to buy coverage from private insurers or a scaled-back Medicare.

"The government will base its payments on the average price of those competing plans," Bush said. "And premiums will be lower for seniors by 6 percent on average.

The former Florida governor said he would lower the government subsidies for wealthier seniors and create a tax-free health savings account, or HSA, to help older Americans cover out-of-pocket health expenses.

On Social Security, Bush advocated changes so that higher-income earners who can afford to save for retirement get a smaller benefit check when they stop working, but said he would increase the minimum Social Security benefit.

Bush said that, without reforms, the programs will run out of money and benefits will be cut. Medicare and Social Security consume the largest portion of federal spending, and Bush said that that spending will more than double by 2040 without changes.

"If we do not have an honest conversation about what it will take to protect Medicare and Social Security, we fail seniors and we will fail the next generation of Americans," he said.

Previous efforts to reform Social Security in the United States have made little progress, even as worries have increased that the program's trust fund could be depleted within decades.

Among Bush's fellow Republican candidates for the 2016 presidential nomination, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has advocated cutting Social Security benefits for the wealthy.

Bush's plan calls for eliminating the payroll tax for seniors at age 67 and adjusting benefits for seniors who retire early or work past retirement age. He would gradually increase the Social Security retirement age starting in 2022 so that workers will become eligible for full benefits at age 70 in 2058.

Bush said his plan would encourage small businesses that cannot contribute to employee retirement plans to set up private retirement savings plans for their workers.

Doesn't the bold part sound a bit like Obamacare?

hells_unicorn
10-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Highly doubt Bush has 130M. If so, his campaign would not have made serious cuts and concentrating in Iowa only.

I don't think the PACs that are supporting Bush still have that $120 million that was reported earlier. Some of it was spent on ads supporting him, which evidently didn't help much, and some of Bush's fundraisers have been abandoning his campaign. Furthermore, if Bush has no hard money in the bank, he will have to dip into his personal money in order to finance all of his travel and maintain offices in primary states along with all the paid staffers.

PAC money can shift pretty quickly, and if Jeb does eventually drop out, most of what remains of that PAC money will shift to either Rubio or Kasich, depending on who is doing better when the time comes.

Zippyjuan
10-27-2015, 01:04 PM
According to "Cash on Hand" figures as of September 30th (reported October 15th), Bush had $10.3 million. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

Rand Paul $2.1 million. Ted Cruz led Republicans with $13.8 million.

RandPaul4Prez
10-27-2015, 01:37 PM

Actually the same story has been reported all over the place, just worded differently.

CPUd
10-27-2015, 01:48 PM
This sounds accurate. The donors, however, may be more impatient, and may have told him to produce results very soon (like have a stellar performance at the 10/28 debate, and rise in the polls after) or else they will pull out. Jeb's main problem remains that Trump replaced his 'spot' in the primary race as "the frontrunner backed by billions" guy. Bush can't get that spot back (Trump has direct access to $350 million cash to spend if he has to, so he's in it for as long as he wants), and appears to be locked in the single digits like all the others, thus his status destroys his electability aura.

Jeb is not capable of "stellar" on a stage with 2 or more others who are. He is probably the smartest Bush, but needs a lot of help to be successful in politics.

Batman
10-27-2015, 03:44 PM
My goodness, can we not do this shit ?

What he said.

Lay off the hair. It's been proven to be real.