PDA

View Full Version : 64% and December 16th:

ronpaulyourmom
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
10/14/07 opinion poll:
58% of people knew enough about Ron Paul to have an opinion on him.
11/04/07 opinion poll:
61% of people knew enough about Ron Paul to have an opinion on him.
12/04/07 opinion poll:
64% of people knew enough about Ron Paul to have an opinion on him.

I hope this makes it clear, people still do not know much about Ron Paul. For all the smashing success of November 5th, and it was of course a great success, the cold hard fact is that it was a blip in the radar to those people who we had yet to reach already. There's a whole segment of the population out there that is oblivious to us, and we need to reach them.

I think we've all learned by now that Tucker, Blitzer, (Rudolf?), and the rest of cable news pundits can only take us so far. It's not enough to just raise a bunch of money, we need a real bonafide publicity stunt to break-through to mainstream America. December 16th is our last real shot at totally dominating the collective consciousness of America until the holidays hit and the voting starts, we need to hit this from every angle imaginable.

I opposed the blimp from the start, but now looking at the flight plan and the goal of dumping tea into the Boston harbor from the blimp on the 16th, I'm willing to stand behind it. I don't care what happens to it after the 16th, I don't think it would be a worthy investment beyond that point, but up to $200,000 I'm willing to do it because it's important to build a real narrative for the 16th, and this is our best option behind the money bomb. It's also a great conversation starter for that weekend; it's something Ron Paul supporters can use to bring their more passive RP buddies on board for the money bomb. In that respect, I view the $50 donation that I just made to the blimp as a great investment.

The story on December 17th needs to be:
1. Ron Paul raises 10 million dollars
2. Ron Paul blimp dumps tea into the Boston Harbor, citizens rally around the nation.
3. That all of this follows a recent surge in the polls (double digits hopefully)
(no caveats this time ;))

For everyone who was a former blimp detractor, please join me in making the switch. We've got until tomorrow to make this happen.

:):):) www.ronpaulblimp.com :):):)

Sematary
12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
10/14/07 opinion poll:
11/04/07 opinion poll:
12/04/07 opinion poll:

I hope this makes it clear, people still do not know much about Ron Paul. For all the smashing success of November 5th, and it was of course a great success, the cold hard fact is that it was a blip in the radar to those people who we had yet to reach already. There's a whole segment of the population out there that is oblivious to us, and we need to reach them.

I think we've all learned by now that Tucker, Blitzer, (Rudolf?), and the rest of cable news pundits can only take us so far. It's not enough to just raise a bunch of money, we need a real bonafide publicity stunt to break-through to mainstream America. December 16th is our last real shot at totally dominating the collective consciousness of America until the holidays hit and the voting starts, we need to hit this from every angle imaginable.

I opposed the blimp from the start, but now looking at the flight plan and the goal of dumping tea into the Boston harbor from the blimp on the 16th, I'm willing to stand behind it. I don't care what happens to it after the 16th, I don't think it would be a worthy investment beyond that point, but up to $200,000 I'm willing to do it because it's important to build a real narrative for the 16th, and this is our best option behind the money bomb. It's also a great conversation starter for that weekend; it's something Ron Paul supporters can use to bring their more passive RP buddies on board for the money bomb. In that respect, I view the $50 donation that I just made to the blimp as a great investment.

2. Ron Paul blimp dumps tea into the Boston Harbor, citizens rally around the nation.
3. That all of this follows a recent surge in the polls (double digits hopefully)

For everyone who was a former blimp detractor, please join me in making the switch. We've got until tomorrow to make this happen.

Don't forget the rally at Faneuil Hall. :)

Micahyah
12-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm the same way.

I thought it wasn't an effective place to put that amount of money, but the media needs a storyline for the Tea Party. It's like a movie sequel, just adding more of the same (more funds than last money bomb) is not enough to sell the sequel. You need a new element. The blimp can be that element.

When the media talks about the blimp, with the flight path already up, it will be a big shot across the bow to the entire media that Ron Paul is going to be a MAJOR player in New Hampshire. And it will force his name into the conversation in any mainstream media reporting about New Hamprshire.

Our biggest challenge is still name recognition and getting more people to be aware of him.

Micahyah
12-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Don't forget the rally at Faneuil Hall. :)

The rally is actually a risk, because of the 9/11 truth rally going on in boston the 15th and 16th. Don't put it past the media to erroneously get confused that it isn't just one 9/11 truth/Ron Paul weekend in Boston. But with the blimp, it will be a clear Ron Paul event in Boston.

tmg19103
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I was not for the blimp before, but I am now.

Please sponsor advertising time at www.ronpaulblimp.com so this can happen.

ronpaulyourmom
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm the same way.

I thought it wasn't an effective place to put that amount of money, but the media needs a storyline for the Tea Party. It's like a movie sequel, just adding more of the same (more funds than last money bomb) is not enough to sell the sequel. You need a new element. The blimp can be that element.

When the media talks about the blimp, with the flight path already up, it will be a big shot across the bow to the entire media that Ron Paul is going to be a MAJOR player in New Hampshire. And it will force his name into the conversation in any mainstream media reporting about New Hamprshire.

Our biggest challenge is still name recognition and getting more people to be aware of him.

Couldn't agree more.

terryp
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you have echoed the sentiments of many. While my funds are limited, I've always thought that the blimp would be good PR. We are building great momentum. I've literally got my changed wrapped and items for sale in the news paper to do all i can to make the 16th a success.

I would like to add that local sign waving, fliers etc... should be done vigorously leading up to the 16th see people can see and hear it from several angles. There are many who do not go on the web or think about politics. This will be OUR best shot before the holidays.

Paulitician
12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
That is why HQ needs to do some smart advertising; advertising that highlights Ron Paul's greatest qualities and sets him above and apart from the rest of the candidates, Republican or Democrat.

RevolutionSD
12-06-2007, 01:49 PM
10/14/07 opinion poll:
11/04/07 opinion poll:
12/04/07 opinion poll:

Good points but don't get too discouraged by this.
Keep in mind that only 38% of Americans typically vote in general elections. Even most of that 38% are completely uninformed. Far less than this vote in primaries. It should not come as a surprise that "most people" haven't heard of Ron Paul. "Most people" will not vote for Ron Paul, nor will they vote for anyone else.

We need to realize that yes we do still need to get his name out there as much as possible, but the fact that lots of people still don't know who he is is not discouraging at all- MOST typical Americans don't know Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee either, but they are so-called front runners.

ronpaulyourmom
12-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Good points but don't get too discouraged by this.
Keep in mind that only 38% of Americans typically vote in general elections. Even most of that 38% are completely uninformed. Far less than this vote in primaries. It should not come as a surprise that "most people" haven't heard of Ron Paul. "Most people" will not vote for Ron Paul, nor will they vote for anyone else.

We need to realize that yes we do still need to get his name out there as much as possible, but the fact that lots of people still don't know who he is is not discouraging at all- MOST typical Americans don't know Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee either, but they are so-called front runners.

True but both Mitt and Huck are now in the 80% plus territory. I don't know if that polling was done among likely voters or all adults. If I had to bet it would be for likely voters, the name recognition among all adults is likely less than half.

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Or we could do something about it:

Support Operation Front Door (http://www.myspace.com/operationfrontdoor)!

Operation Front Door: Basically the plan is to get meetups all across the country to have a big canvassing push the week after the 16th. This will coincide with the December 16th tea party-

Picture this; You're sitting at home watching the evening news and you're seeing "Ron Paul makes another fund raising record" then 'knock-knock'- it's Ron Paul supporters at your door. That's kind of the idea. While the media is pushing the fund raising we're knocking on doors showing how strong this grassroots campaign is and offering information about Ron Paul....

The goal is 10 million flyers handed out that week!

That is why HQ needs to do some smart advertising; advertising that highlights Ron Paul's greatest qualities and sets him above and apart from the rest of the candidates, Republican or Democrat.

JerzieJennie
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Dumping tea will bring bad press. No tea bags - fish/wildlife could eat them and die not to mention it's littering...

ronpaulyourmom
12-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Dumping tea will bring bad press. No tea bags - fish/wildlife could eat them and die not to mention it's littering...

I guess it would be best not to use tea-bags but just the tea. Hopefully somebody with a brain is in charge of that.