PDA

View Full Version : Romney's religion speech...bad for Huck?

nist7
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/06/romney.speech/

Romney basically reiterated what Dr. Paul said on his first interview with Newsweek: that personal religion shouldn't matter.

Huck might suffer collateral damage seeing that his big thing is his strong religious convictions.....:o

What do you guys think?

quickmike
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I think that Huckster letting a rapist/murderer out of prison early and murdering again will hurt him more than this will.

Of course, the Huckster doesnt really think its his fault I guess because by his reasoning, if we make a mistake, we make it as a whole country. So I guess its every americans fault that a murderer/rapist was released to rape/murder again.

davidhperry
12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I think that Huckster letting a rapist/murderer out of prison early and murdering again will hurt him more than this will.

Yes and no. I'm a Christian, and Christians are used to getting attacked for their beliefs. When someone who is an outspoken Christian is attacked, it sometimes makes the supporters rally around them because "one of their own" is getting attacked. They become blind to the truth and/or go into a stage of denial.

To win Huck supporters, other Christians need to reach out and contrast his views with Ron Paul's. They need to be made aware that not all Christians believe that Huck is the right choice. They also need to be told that Ron Paul has the best solution to the abortion issue.

quickmike
12-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes and no. I'm a Christian, and Christians are used to getting attacked for their beliefs. When someone who is an outspoken Christian is attacked, it sometimes makes the supporters rally around them because "one of their own" is getting attacked. They become blind to the truth and/or go into a stage of denial.

To win Huck supporters, other Christians need to reach out and contrast his views with Ron Paul's. They need to be made aware that not all Christians believe that Huck is the right choice. They also need to be told that Ron Paul has the best solution to the abortion issue.

Yeah, I understand rallying behind your guy when he gets attacked, but will Christians really rally behind him and make excuses for his reasoning for giving a convicted murderer a chance to do it again? If what youre saying is true, his supporters are even more messed up in the head than I previously thought.

Scary.