PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Romney speech.

EvilEngineer
12-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Just got back from the speech. We were outside from about 9am till just about 15 minutes ago. All of the camera crews had pretty much left by the time we packed up.

Lots and lots of media there today, we did our best to get in as many live camera shots as possible.

Oh, and from the channel 2 Houston news, we are officially the "Ron Paul assholes" according to their camera guy. CNN was great though and we got in their shots every time they were on. Fox knew the game though and setup right on the line we couldn't cross. We didn't want to get too close to them, mainly because of the anti-mormon guy running around with his sign... didn't want to get guilt by association.

We were lucky enough to have an Iraq veteran with us today, who got pulled aside by the Austin news to have an interview by him self. Though they apparently tried to pull shit on him during the interview, luckily he handled him self very well.

We were on a ton of cameras, I have no clue as to whom most of them belonged too, just random camera people would come by and film us... Even the fox news camera guy did.

Overall the day was a success, plenty of air time and spoke with quite a few people. Not a lot of Romney supporters though, it looked to be like it was mostly media that was inside. The few that did come out were frankly... assholes with one or two exceptions of older Romney supporters who were impressed that we had a bunch of young people out there.

Oh, and we might get an insider at fox, one of the production team came over and was genuinely interested and was impressed that we actually knew Ron Paul's positions she commented that it was more than could be said of other supporters for other candidates.

I'll work on uploading some pics.

Joey Wahoo
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I saw some of the CNN coverage and your signs were THE background for the talking heads.

Great job and thanks for the dedication.

EvilEngineer
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I saw some of the CNN coverage and your signs were THE background for the talking heads.

Great job and thanks for the dedication.

The camera people tried to change their angles to try and get us out... but we moved with them so they just gave up and shot it with us in it. :D

bolidew
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Well done!
Thank you.

nist7
12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
haha, great work.

Can you estimate how many Romney supporters were there? Excluding media, of course.

Mental Dribble
12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Well done! BRAVO!

V4Vendetta
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
youtube of any of this news coverage?

EvilEngineer
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
The CS meetup group.

http://files.meetup.com/531855/CSMeetup.jpg

Us right behind CNN as they broadcast... kind of weird seeing it from the other side.

http://files.meetup.com/531855/RonPaul007.jpg

Our line =)

http://files.meetup.com/531855/RonPaul002.jpg

http://files.meetup.com/531855/RonPaul001.jpg

ladyliberty
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
youtube?

MS0453
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Good job assholes. :D

reaver
12-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh, and from the channel 2 Houston news, we are officially the "Ron Paul assholes" according to their camera guy.

Thats an old trick- They would have loved to get a response and let the magic of editing do the work.

Thank you EvilEngineer.

Shellshock1918
12-06-2007, 01:15 PM

LMAO!

MSM types....lawl

crazyfacedjenkins
12-06-2007, 01:16 PM

haha

DrRich
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
The camera people tried to change their angles to try and get us out... but we moved with them so they just gave up and shot it with us in it. :D

:D

Mortikhi
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
"Who would Jesus torture?"

Good sign :)

Buzz
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
"Who would Jesus torture?"

Good sign :)

I was just about to say...

09Ag
12-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Did anyone happen to get a screenshot or youtube of us so we can see what it looked like?

Phenom24
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM
little red x's where the pics used to be...

:(

AggieforPaul
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM
How did I not know this was in college station? I must be out of it.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Great pictures. Thank you for your dedication.

tonyr1988
12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
What's the abortion sign? Are those sandals? Me es confusado....

EvilEngineer
12-06-2007, 01:31 PM
What's the abortion sign? Are those sandals? Me es confusado....

The sign says "No Abortion, No Flip Flop" ... which are on the flip flops them selves. After looking at the picture I guess the flip flop part is hard to read.

slantedview
12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
good job. props!

JenaS62
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM

LOL - I second that!

Dustancostine
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Great job Wes and Jana and everyone else. Sorry I couldn't be there, freezing my ass off in North Dakota.

--Dustan

Hook
12-06-2007, 02:16 PM
"How many assholes do we have here anyhow?"
"I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!"
"Keep shooting assholes!"

iskimtsnow
12-06-2007, 02:16 PM
This type of thing brings me more joy than anything else in the campaign. It's such an uphill battle and sometimes a bit of a downer, but when this kind of thing happens it's like stickin' it to the man.....and it feels so right.

spivey378
12-06-2007, 02:17 PM
im surrounded by assholes!

spaceballs reference :D

frasu
12-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Hahaha... Great, great job! Every day brings something new and uplifting to this revolution.

Donate for The BLIMP!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/

azminuteman
12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Well you know, if the CCM would give equal time to Ron Paul, then we wouldn't have to resort to these tactics. I'm all for squeezing our guy in their broadcasts.
We should have had a pocket laser writer to write RON PAUL 2008 behind Romney.

I'd like to get a red sticker with white lettering that says "noise" so that everywhere FOX shows up, replace their 'NEWS' banner with the 'NOISE' banner.

Elwar
12-06-2007, 02:24 PM
To keep this going, Romney went from Huston over here to San Antonio :)

He came here to the country club for a fundraiser. There was only one camera guy here from the local TV station so not much media.

We had about 20 people all at the stop light right outside of the country club. The camera guy was doing interviews of people as they sat in their car waiting to leave the parking lot at the light so there was no way we could make sure we were in the shot. It's all the editor's call on if he gets any shots of us or not.

I'd say there were about 50-100 Romney supporters that went to his fundraiser, mostly rich old people. 2 of the younger guys left and came out to hold signs with us.

One of the guys took pictures but I'm not sure what he'll do with them.

I guess now he must be on to Austin to meet up with the Austin Ron Paul folks :)

rollingpig
12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
lol, love the "Who would Jesus torture" sign!

ProfNo
12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Just got back from the speech. We were outside from about 9am till just about 15 minutes ago. All of the camera crews had pretty much left by the time we packed up.

Lots and lots of media there today, we did our best to get in as many live camera shots as possible.

Oh, and from the channel 2 Houston news, we are officially the "Ron Paul assholes" according to their camera guy. CNN was great though and we got in their shots every time they were on. Fox knew the game though and setup right on the line we couldn't cross. We didn't want to get too close to them, mainly because of the anti-mormon guy running around with his sign... didn't want to get guilt by association.

We were lucky enough to have an Iraq veteran with us today, who got pulled aside by the Austin news to have an interview by him self. Though they apparently tried to pull shit on him during the interview, luckily he handled him self very well.

We were on a ton of cameras, I have no clue as to whom most of them belonged too, just random camera people would come by and film us... Even the fox news camera guy did.

Overall the day was a success, plenty of air time and spoke with quite a few people. Not a lot of Romney supporters though, it looked to be like it was mostly media that was inside. The few that did come out were frankly... assholes with one or two exceptions of older Romney supporters who were impressed that we had a bunch of young people out there.

Oh, and we might get an insider at fox, one of the production team came over and was genuinely interested and was impressed that we actually knew Ron Paul's positions she commented that it was more than could be said of other supporters for other candidates.

I turned on MSNBC this morning and there you were right behind the reporter. AWESOME. I think that Ron Paul supporters doing this will go a long way in getting his name out.

Chaos Unlimited
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
what does no abortion no shoes mean??

ZenX
12-06-2007, 02:43 PM
We call them flip-flops 'round here.

ashlux
12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
How did I not know this was in college station? I must be out of it.

LOL. You must be.

I only saw the text "CS meetup group" and I first thought "Who plays counter-strike nowadays, and why do they have a meetup group?"

The library was the dead giveaway though.

On an unrelated note: I wish I could say my Aggies (OSU) will beat your Aggies in basketball this year, but I'd be fooling myself. Enjoy the inevitable win in Stillwater this year :-P

manny
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
older Romney supporters who were impressed that we had a bunch of young people out there.

:) Good work.

Handled the correct way going to other rallies/fundraisers can be a big help. We must always be polite and friendly, ready to offer info and we'll get some converts.

The comment about the old folks is an important one. These people are not by any stretch of the imagination all neo-cons. Many are quite the opposite, loving the rhetoric of Reagan. They have simply got swept along in the false-patriotism of neo-conservatism. We just need to point out that Ron Paul is the true conservative who will best protect America.

Plus the old folks aren't stupid. They have no stake or interest in pushing the new world order and bankers' dream world like romney does. When they see lots of nice young people getting excited about RP it will have an impact. There are articles every day by GOP establishment types complaining that the young are all going liberal or uninterested in politics. Prove them wrong on both counts and you'll increase their interest in, and belief in the viablity of, Ron's presidential bid.

Keep up the good work!:):):)

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Great job you guys! Glad you did not need to use your taserproof shirt!

http://www.boxofficereport.com/images/films/380spaceballs.jpg

im surrounded by assholes!

spaceballs reference :D

Mandrik
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM

:D

shortna
12-06-2007, 03:19 PM
haha, great work.

Can you estimate how many Romney supporters were there? Excluding media, of course.

I didn't see anyone answer this for you. We were not able to get inside the event of course. One of the media persons said it was a small room with at most 100 people. I would guess half were media and the other half were supporters. Most of the supporters were dressed older men who were actually cool. Some did not know who Paul was and said that they would look him up. There were about 3 younger Romney supporters who were jerks and who were being rude from a distance. We just ignored them and they went away eventually.

We did meet a couple of LDS people who wanted to see Romney speak but were disappointed to learn the event was closed. We actually had one of the guys hold a Ron Paul sign in protest of the closed event. :D

The other LDS guy was real cool and talked to us about the issues that Ron Paul supports and differences between candidates. He was very receptive to Paul's platform. I ended getting his contact info and will see if I can't fully convert him to the rEVOLution. :D

All in all it has been a really great day!

Cheers from Texas!

torchbearer
12-06-2007, 03:38 PM

http://www.air-lobster.com/art/img466.jpg

voytechs
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Awesome guys, if you were closer I'd buy you all beers!!!

shortna
12-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Awesome guys, if you were closer I'd buy you all beers!!!

just send me a voucher. :p

dshields
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I was so hoping someone would invoke a little Mel Brooks with that line! :D

Dave

thehittgirl
12-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Oh this was the greatest news I heard today...you made my day :) I'm making a supporter out of my mother and she thought that was funny. :D Great job.

rpfreedom08
12-06-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah great job guys! Seems like there are patriots everywhere :D

EvilEngineer
12-06-2007, 11:00 PM
bump

RonPaulMania
12-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Great job guys!!!!

derdy
12-07-2007, 01:14 AM
I saw this earlier but didn't comment. It's a bad habit.

Anyways, I didn't see it on TV (I hardly ever watch), but I did see your posts with pictures and things like this really light a fire under my A**!

We're doing a sign wave this weekend in possibly sleet and snow!!! I'm all for that though. Our forefathers got frost-bite and worse to give our country the freedoms we cling to today.

Tidewise
12-07-2007, 01:22 AM
LOL! - I think the "I saved a bunch of money by switching to Ron Paul" is my new favorite sign! HAHA.

EvilEngineer
12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Looks like the AP photographer has put up one of his pictuers. (yes, the AP took pictures of us)

http://hosted.ap.org/photos/E/e4d39ca0-c129-4993-a834-56942b3d8324-big.jpg

gerryb
12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Do you know where that big sign on the left was obtained from? Or is it home made? I would like to get some of those.

The CS meetup group.

http://files.meetup.com/531855/CSMeetup.jpg

EvilEngineer
12-07-2007, 01:51 AM
About 1:40 seconds... don't know how Dana got a shot with out us at the end.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/12/06/sot.romney.faith.cnn?iref=videosearch

derdy
12-07-2007, 01:58 AM
About 1:40 seconds... don't know how Dana got a shot with out us at the end.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/12/06/sot.romney.faith.cnn?iref=videosearch

Dude, that was Romney's speech!! I hadn't seen that until just now and all I have to say is WTF?!

Why is this guy pandering and bringing his private religion into the public light?! The evangelicals don't own this country! Normal people do and they're voting for Ron Paul! I can't believe (well actually I can, they represent globalists) the MSM gave him a free lunch!

I wish a Ron Paul supporter from the 82nd Airborne could've parachuted in on that with a Ron Paul sign!

EvilEngineer
12-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Dude, that was Romney's speech!! I hadn't seen that until just now and all I have to say is WTF?!

Why is this guy pandering and bringing his private religion into the public light?! The evangelicals don't own this country! Normal people do and they're voting for Ron Paul! I can't believe (well actually I can, they represent globalists) the MSM gave him a free lunch!

I wish a Ron Paul supporter from the 82nd Airborne could've parachuted in on that with a Ron Paul sign!

hmm look for the "Romney makes religion speech", it's the voice over with the anchor lady. We are at 1:40 in it.

derdy
12-07-2007, 02:07 AM
hmm look for the "Romney makes religion speech", it's the voice over with the anchor lady. We are at 1:40 in it.

Thank you sir! Found it!

split_lipz
12-07-2007, 02:11 AM
thanks EvilEngineer.

That sign with "Who would Jesus torture" is great.

derdy
12-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Besides the Ron Paul signs at 1:40, the rest was horrible. They had a hug-fest on-stage, I would assume, between Mormons and whatever other religion there is out there.

We have our work cut out for us folks. Get the formerly apathetic to the polls! Hold their hands if necessary! There is too much riding on this Presidency to do nothing more than our absolute best at getting Ron Paul elected!

TomTX
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Great job, folks! Really looks like an energized bunch in College Station (of course, that's where Jeff Frazee was, and now he's the official campaign's student coordinator)