PDA

View Full Version : How Rand can gain a lot of support

ds21089
10-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Recent polls have shown that when people are asked about who they think can win the general election, Rand is usually near the very bottom. This is obviously the complete opposite of reality because he does better against Clinton than everyone else. I know Rand states this in some interviews, but he does it in such a timid way that I doubt it sticks in peoples' minds.

Whenever he is questioned in any way relating to his polling / electability, he needs to hammer hard on the issue stating something along the lines of "I do better than every other candidate against Hillary. Anyone who wants to make sure Hillary isn't elected, should vote for me." This adds a sense of fear that choosing somebody else only increases Clinton's odds and we all know how many people are quick to change their minds when subjected to fear. It's already been shown a lot of people don't vote for him because they think he can't win, so this would dispel that myth and bring in tons of support from anti-Clinton people as well as those people who aren't voting for him because they think he cant win. He needs to find a way to say this every chance he can - especially in the debates.

The sad truth is that a lot of people in this country like to "pick winners" or feel the need to have to "win" everything. It's why people get so into sports. It's why people speed up to prevent you from merging while driving because you'd be "winning" by getting ahead of them etc.

Bring up the perception of electability, you bring up the support.

carlton
10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Recent polls have shown that when people are asked about who they think can win the general election, Rand is usually near the very bottom. This is obviously the complete opposite of reality because he does better against Clinton than everyone else. I know Rand states this in some interviews, but he does it in such a timid way that I doubt it sticks in peoples' minds.

Whenever he is questioned in any way relating to his polling / electability, he needs to hammer hard on the issue stating something along the lines of "I do better than every other candidate against Hillary. Anyone who wants to make sure Hillary isn't elected, should vote for me." This adds a sense of fear that choosing somebody else only increases Clinton's odds and we all know how many people are quick to change their minds when subjected to fear. It's already been shown a lot of people don't vote for him because they think he can't win, so this would dispel that myth and bring in tons of support from anti-Clinton people as well as those people who aren't voting for him because they think he cant win. He needs to find a way to say this every chance he can - especially in the debates.

The sad truth is that a lot of people in this country like to "pick winners" or feel the need to have to "win" everything. It's why people get so into sports. It's why people speed up to prevent you from merging while driving because you'd be "winning" by getting ahead of them etc.

Bring up the perception of electability, you bring up the support.

Backseat Randing, take 1,000,000

ds21089
10-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Backseat Randing, take 1,000,000

Everyone has flaws. Simply offering suggestions that might be determined to be a good idea and potentially making it to the ears of Rand, possibly helping him isn't undermining him. I support Rand 100% as I supported Ron. It's a fact that he's seen as being unable to win by the average voter, while statistics shows quite the opposite. This myth needs to be dispelled as soon as possible.

carlton
10-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Everyone has flaws. Simply offering suggestions that might be determined to be a good idea and potentially making it to the ears of Rand, possibly helping him isn't undermining him. I support Rand 100% as I supported Ron.

Never said you were undermining him. If Rand took all the unsolicited advice given by us here however, he would be a human pretzel.

ds21089
10-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Never said you were undermining him. If Rand took all the unsolicited advice given by us here however, he would be a human pretzel.

Yeah that makes sense, but I just feel this is by far the biggest issue keeping the average voter from throwing their support behind him aside from media spin. You can't prevent media spin, but you can help dispel myths with facts if presented in the correct format.

Sentinelrv
10-22-2015, 04:13 PM
I agree with this strategy. I think people are more likely to run away from something they fear than run toward something they want. People are more motivated by fear, so associating support of other candidates with Clinton winning the general election is a great way to scare people into voting for Rand. I know we'd all love people to see the light and vote for Rand because he wants to bring more liberty and freedom to people's lives, but sometimes you gotta do things like this to win over the people who are blind.

CPUd
10-22-2015, 05:01 PM
This is what Mitt tried in 2012, it might work in the primary, but 100% chance it will fail in the general election. Plus, as a Rand delegate or committee member, could you see yourself going up on stage and saying this? :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJYCx6eQRWI

Xenliad
10-22-2015, 05:06 PM
I haven't seen any recent polling of him against the democrats; it seems like only the top few republicans get polled in match ups lately.

CPUd
10-22-2015, 05:10 PM
I haven't seen any recent polling of him against the democrats; it seems like only the top few republicans get polled in match ups lately.

Yeah, they shouldn't poll more than 3 or 4 candidates, otherwise it becomes D vs R when they give their responses.

Foreigner
10-22-2015, 05:44 PM

It's too bad because now she's way down in the polls. A state like Pennsylvania is consistently going to the generic GOP candidate. Rand was polling best against her. (might still do, but we don't really know) The latest Rand vs Hillary I saw was in Minnesota (blue state, not purple), and it was too close to call.

I even saw some pollster polling Christie vs the democrats recently.

Fun fact: Biden is the democrat's current best general election candidate.

RonPaulMall
10-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Disagree 100%. Rand's entire focus needs to be on giving people a reason to vote for him. "I poll 2 points better than Candidate X in a hypothetical match up against Hillary in the General Election" is the weak tea. The Republican base is not looking for weak tea, they are looking for red meat.