PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul really needs a donation counter

njandrewg
06-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Kinda like what Obama has, although I would prefer a thermometer type, because its much easier to visualize

http://my.barackobama.com/page/contribute_c/eoq2home/graphic

Kinda like the Edwards campaign site:
http://johnedwards.com/

njandrewg
06-29-2007, 01:39 AM
actually they probably don't want to give away their position...i.e. McCain site has his goals from the internet at a measely 3 mil

Man from La Mancha
06-29-2007, 01:48 AM
http://www.andypope.info/charts/therm_deluxe.gif

damijin
06-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I personally feel that meetup groups and forums like this one and the facebook group should operate their own personal counters. On the facebook group, which uses www.students4paul.com, we can easily see who has donated, and we frequently have rallies, trying to drive up our student contributions.

Threads on the facebook forums frequently say things like "I'll donate $100 if 4 other people pledge to donate $100 as well" and they are answered, *quickly*.

The fact that you can see every donation and read every name is in no small part to thank for the $26,000+ that they have raised so far. Perhaps what we could do is start up a web project where we allow for each meetup group or forum to start their own counter, and then on the front page display the total for all the groups. I'll run that idea by the guy who started Students4Paul and see if he's interested.

My principal theory is that the more personal donation meters will allow for easier rallies and in turn, more donations. By contrast, Obama's less personal counter seems to say "Wow, there's a lot of support, I think I've given enough. He's doing fine."

ADGettis
06-29-2007, 03:03 AM
By contrast, Obama's less personal counter seems to say "Wow, there's a lot of support, I think I've given enough. He's doing fine."

That's funny … all it says to me is: "Wow, there are 251,210 people without a clue out there."

damijin
06-29-2007, 04:18 AM
I was obviously quoting from the hypothetical and totally batshit crazy idea of actually being an Obama supporter. :D

Man from La Mancha
06-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Having the meters in small groups is good but I still like the idea of showing up all the other guys with what the elite worship the most, money, as a total on Ron's site. As they say put your money where your mouth is. Left over funds to go to Ron's charity's. I feel they will need money not on Paul as much but to reastablish public witnessed paper box voting in the USA before the main elections.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2007, 06:49 AM
For this to work in our favor, we would have to be collecting far more than we are right now. Otherwise, it would backfire on us.

We need to get middle America to love Ron just as much as we do. Then, the money will start pouring in.

Man from La Mancha
06-29-2007, 06:55 AM
1st I have no idea what has been collected.
2nd I think we will have in the future over 4 million people so $25 per person is not unrealistic

smtwngrl
06-29-2007, 07:14 AM
I think the idea of a counter is a great one--but by dollars, not # of donations. I think it gives us goals to reach for, and we can see what has been achieved so far. The "first tier" candidates are getting so much more at this point that I don't think seeing the numbers will make people think they don't need to donate.

paulitics
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
We need to so we can call their bluff on their skewed polls.

winston84
06-29-2007, 12:45 PM
That's funny … all it says to me is: "Wow, there are 251,210 people without a clue out there."

Hahaha, I like that interpretation.