PDA

View Full Version : Voting in a primary

realist
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm somewhat new to this and just learned something that may benefit others. When I registered to vote, I declared that I was an independant. I just called my local election commision to change my party affiliation so that I could vote in the republican primary (since many sites list Massachusetts as not allowing independants to vote in republican or democratic primaries). I was pleased to learn that I was actually registered as "un-enrolled" - or no party affiliation. As such, I am able to vote on any single ballot of my choice (republican, democratic or other).

Just thought it might help someone else.

jrich4rpaul
12-12-2007, 07:11 AM
It's "Undeclared" here in MA. But to be safe, I registered Republican anyway.

openyourmind
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
When I filed for my absentee ballot, I was informed by the Town that "undeclared" can vote in any primary. I decided not to join the Republican party just to voice my opinion that I don't support most Republicans, but I can still vote in the Republican Primary.

Cambridge Chris
01-05-2008, 11:20 PM
When I filed for my absentee ballot, I was informed by the Town that "undeclared" can vote in any primary. I decided not to join the Republican party just to voice my opinion that I don't support most Republicans, but I can still vote in the Republican Primary.

You're right.

I plan to become "Republican" for the 1st time since 1998 just to show my support for Ron Paul's efforts. It's time for me to take back MY party.