PDA

View Full Version : FBI investigating claim of hack on CIA director's email

timosman
10-19-2015, 12:11 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-investigating-claim-of-hack-on-cia-director-email/

A teen hacker claimed this weekend he had hacked into CIA Director John Brennan's AOL account, and found that Brennan had stored sensitive documents there.

A federal law enforcement source told CBS News on Monday they were aware of the claims, and the FBI is now investigating.

In an interview with the New York Post, the hacker claimed "emails stored in Brennan's non-government account contained the Social Security numbers and personal information of more than a dozen top American intelligence officials, as well as a government letter about the use of 'harsh interrogation techniques' on terrorism suspects."

The Post did not verify the teen's claims, and the teen has not revealed his identity. According to the Post's interview, the hacker said he got access on October 12 by tricking Verizon workers into giving up Brennan's personal information, which allowed him to force AOL to reset his password.

The teen also claims to have used similar techniques to access Director of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson's voicemail.

In its only official statement on the matter so far, the CIA said: "We are aware of the reports that have surfaced on social media and have referred the matter to the appropriate authorities."

ghengis86
10-19-2015, 04:51 PM
CIA director using AOL?!?

Lol....riiiiigggghhhhttt

kcchiefs6465
10-19-2015, 05:42 PM
CIA director using AOL?!?

Lol....riiiiigggghhhhttt
What email provider was Hilary Clinton using?

timosman
10-19-2015, 05:49 PM
What email provider was Hilary Clinton using?

She was running her own server, but the incoming email was filtered through MX Logic. http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2015/03/16/breaking-news-spam-filtering-service-had-access-to-clinton-classified-emails/

kcchiefs6465
10-19-2015, 06:16 PM
She was running her own server, but the incoming email was filtered through MX Logic. http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2015/03/16/breaking-news-spam-filtering-service-had-access-to-clinton-classified-emails/
It was not gmail?

Perhaps I am thinking of David Petraeus.

I don't know. So many scandals it's hard to keep one from another.

vita3
10-19-2015, 07:45 PM
We are being played like a fiddle

timosman
10-19-2015, 07:53 PM
We are being played like a fiddle

Not sure if played is the right verb :D

vita3
10-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Keep it classy sandiego.

ghengis86
10-20-2015, 05:04 AM
It was not gmail?

Perhaps I am thinking of David Petraeus.

I don't know. So many scandals it's hard to keep one from another.

Yes, I believe it was Petraeus who was using gmail with that chick. But there was only one account which they both would access. They would write draft e-mails and save them for the other to read, then delete the draft. So e-mails were never sent which has a couple implications. He never 'transmitted' info. The NSA wouldn't have a copy of the transmuted e-mail; they would have to specifically target the computer he used with one of their deeply embedded spyware/firmware/rootware programs for key logging and screen monitoring since it was hosted by goggle. Or specifically request the account data from goggle (not out if the question but not likely prior to the disclosure of the affair). I guess this does assume that goggle and NSA are separate entities. So it seems Petraeus but some forethought into how to use a dummy gmail account as a drop box of sorts.

But AOL?? Shit, that's the biggest load of bullshit, stinking to high heaven, I've ever heard. If I ever recieve an e-mail from someone with an AOL domain, I immediately delete it bc I don't want to be associated with people still using AOL.

timosman
10-20-2015, 10:37 AM
AOL is actually great, if you want to keep things under the radar, exactly for the reasons you mention.