PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Host: House Freedom Caucus, Tea Party Should Leave GOP and Form Third Party

BarryDonegan
10-19-2015, 11:59 AM
http://truthinmedia.com/fox-host-house-freedom-caucus-tea-party-gop-third-party/

Fox News reporter Juan Williams said he feels that the Republican Party's ineffectiveness in choosing a speaker of the House demonstrates that it's time for the House Freedom Caucus and Tea Party to "divorce" from the GOP and form a new party.

jllundqu
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
The GOP can lick my taint.

Not sure what 'political party' could reverse the course this country is currently on, but I know the GOP ain't the way forward.

amartin315
10-19-2015, 12:54 PM
That still doesn't give him a speaker of the house. Even if you change the label on all 40 or 50 of the dissenting republicans right now, that still puts the rest of the GOP short of being able to elect a speaker unilaterally, which means there would still need to be concessions made to the "freedom party."

Besides, the "establishment republicans" don't "own" the republican party. The party is merely a vehicle they've been renting for a while now. Anyone else is free to come along and take the wheel if the current people can't cash their checks any more. Juan has no right to define the republican party as this or that.

JK/SEA
10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
good idea, but the better idea would be for non-freedom republicans to join the democrats, and the freedom caucus to take over the republican nomenclature..

heavenlyboy34
10-19-2015, 01:30 PM
That still doesn't give him a speaker of the house. Even if you change the label on all 40 or 50 of the dissenting republicans right now, that still puts the rest of the GOP short of being able to elect a speaker unilaterally, which means there would still need to be concessions made to the "freedom party."

Besides, the "establishment republicans" don't "own" the republican party. The party is merely a vehicle they've been renting for a while now. Anyone else is free to come along and take the wheel if the current people can't cash their checks any more. Juan has no right to define the republican party as this or that.

The Republicrats were bought and sold to monied interests long ago.

nobody's_hero
10-19-2015, 02:50 PM
good idea, but the better idea would be for non-freedom republicans to join the democrats, and the freedom caucus to take over the republican nomenclature..

Only problem is that'd make one freaking huge democratic party.

timosman
10-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Only problem is that'd make one freaking huge democratic party.

Not if the communist wing establishes its own party, I think.

William Tell
10-19-2015, 03:21 PM
We finally won at something, we forced Boehner to step down. Naturally we will be told to leave the party now, before we can accomplish more.

parocks
10-19-2015, 04:58 PM

right, that's the idea

amartin315
10-20-2015, 10:18 AM
The Republicrats were bought and sold to monied interests long ago.

leased

helmuth_hubener
10-20-2015, 10:51 AM
We finally won at something, we forced Boehner to step down. Naturally we will be told to leave the party now, before we can accomplish more.

Exactly -- this is a great victory! I will be very interested to see how it turns out. If someone even half-way decent could get in as Speaker, that would be a huge victory for shrinking the government. If, say, Daniel Webster or some other Freedom Caucus person got in... unbelievable! I don't want to get my hopes up too much. But it would be great. The House holds the purse strings. Someone with some guts and some principles and some actual belief in shrinking the state could really make progress rolling things back and cutting the budget. I have been very glad to see Rand wholeheartedly supporting the Freedom Caucus as well.